Best Indy raiders Shirt

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

tmfg10
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Best Indy raiders Shirt

Post by tmfg10 »

Hello fellow indy fans!

I have been out for a bit. It’s good to be back!

While I wait for my turn for a Steele and Jones jacket I am on the look for a good quality Raiders shirt :)

I have narrowed it down to four options:

Wested:
https://wested.com/products/indyshirt-7-p

Todd’s : https://www.toddscostumes.com/costumes/ ... yle-shirt/

What price glory:
https://www.whatpriceglory.com/products ... nes-shirt/

Magnoli clothiers:
https://www.magnoliclothiers.com/advent ... p-984.html

Does anyone have any experiences with them? You have any recommendations?
I am looking for a real shirt that is very high quality and that can’t handle adventures. Not a costume piece.

Thank you so much!
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Best Indy raiders Shirt

Post by Rob »

I had a WPG, but it was 20 years ago, and I'm sure they have changed over that time, so I won't comment on that.

Something I'm experimenting with as we speak is an order of a knock-off shirt from AliExpress; my belief being one of the factories that makes the shirts for one, or more, of the well-known vendors is also selling their own unbranded versions for 1/2 to 1/4 the price.

Just an experiment, though. I'm not expecting the world, but it may turn up a surprise. We shall see :whip:
IJJTM
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IJJTM »

Of the ones you listed I’d recommend Todd’s, but Azuma is generally considered the best when it comes to Indy shirts if you can get one from him.
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

I have owned a lot of Indy shirts, and right now my favorite is by Karolian Dry Goods. Excellent shirt for the price!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1361573190 ... play-shirt
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

I've had a Todd's and currently have two Magnoli's. I bought all three second-hand and all three are great shirts that could be worn daily.

Based on what's been written over the years, the Wested and WPG shirts seem to be cut wider, more like a regular OTR shirt rather than the more tapered cut the ROLA shirt should have. Both the Todd's and Magnoli have the tapered cut.

I do prefer the Magnoli's stone color. The color is what I see in the SOC scenes. I know the shirt wasn't that light in real life and Todd's better captures that true color.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
tmfg10
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by tmfg10 »

Rob wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:20 pm I had a WPG, but it was 20 years ago, and I'm sure they have changed over that time, so I won't comment on that.

Something I'm experimenting with as we speak is an order of a knock-off shirt from AliExpress; my belief being one of the factories that makes the shirts for one, or more, of the well-known vendors is also selling their own unbranded versions for 1/2 to 1/4 the price.

Just an experiment, though. I'm not expecting the world, but it may turn up a surprise. We shall see :whip:
That's actually great a experiment! please keep us updated :) I am very interested to know the difference in price and quality
tmfg10
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by tmfg10 »

IJJTM wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:58 pm Of the ones you listed I’d recommend Todd’s, but Azuma is generally considered the best when it comes to Indy shirts if you can get one from him.
Todd's looks great! it has a more brownish color than the normal grey that most have. but i actually like it.
I just checked Azuma's store on etsy but says It has been on break since 2022 :(
tmfg10
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by tmfg10 »

Indiana Jeff wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:34 pm I've had a Todd's and currently have two Magnoli's. I bought all three second-hand and all three are great shirts that could be worn daily.

Based on what's been written over the years, the Wested and WPG shirts seem to be cut wider, more like a regular OTR shirt rather than the more tapered cut the ROLA shirt should have. Both the Todd's and Magnoli have the tapered cut.

I do prefer the Magnoli's stone color. The color is what I see in the SOC scenes. I know the shirt wasn't that light in real life and Todd's better captures that true color.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Thank you for your answer!
Do you have the custom magnoli that is like $150 or the normal one that is around $80?
And are there any fabric differences between todd's and magnoli?

Also. are they more on the tight side? or they have room to be congy?
tmfg10
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by tmfg10 »

jnicktem wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:31 pm I have owned a lot of Indy shirts, and right now my favorite is by Karolian Dry Goods. Excellent shirt for the price!

Oh yeah! i forgot about that one! looks great too!
What is what makes it your favorite among your other shirts?
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

The Magnoli shirt I have is from before he was offering the ready made shirts.

I haven’t had the Todd’s for years, but IIRC the fabric was a little heavier. That being said, the Magnoli shirt could be a daily wear shirt.

Both shirts are tapered/athletic cut so if you carry a little weight around the middle, they will be snug. Otherwise, I have found them to be plenty comfortable.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
IJJTM
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IJJTM »

tmfg10 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:52 pm
IJJTM wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:58 pm Of the ones you listed I’d recommend Todd’s, but Azuma is generally considered the best when it comes to Indy shirts if you can get one from him.
Todd's looks great! it has a more brownish color than the normal grey that most have. but i actually like it.
I just checked Azuma's store on etsy but says It has been on break since 2022 :(
To get in contact with Azuma you message him on Facebook or here on COW.
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

tmfg10 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 4:24 pm
jnicktem wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:31 pm I have owned a lot of Indy shirts, and right now my favorite is by Karolian Dry Goods. Excellent shirt for the price!

Oh yeah! i forgot about that one! looks great too!
What is what makes it your favorite among your other shirts?
For me I like the fit. It’s true to size in my experience and the fabric is comfortable and feels close to my original Noel Howard shirts.
Indiana Jon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Jon »

I own a WPG and a KDG "Classic". I like them both. The WPG feels like the right thickness, but the color is on the gray side (closer to LC than Raiders, in my opinion). The KDG is a great fit for a slim build, and edges more towards brown/yellow tones. Perfect for ToD shirt if you swap out the buttons, but in my opinion it's a decent option for Raiders as it is.