Wested - Current Custom Wait Time (July 2024)

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Wested - Current Custom Wait Time (July 2024)

Post by Rob »

From time to time there have been threads about the wait time at Wested. I caught such a thread recently, while digging around, which mentioned that wait times had blown out a little leading up to Dial of Destiny's release a year back. It even included the note that all jacket orders were being made in the factory - no OTR stock left.

But how about now? The wait times have come down quite a lot when you consider my new custom purchase:

Ordered 13 July 2024 at 23:39
Notified of dispatch 22 July 2024 at 18:52

When you change those times over to the UK, it's essentially ordered at 2:39pm on a Saturday and dispatched at 9:52am a week from the following Monday. Assuming production is only on weekdays, the jacket was made in 5 days. No idea if I just got lucky, or less people order leather jackets in the northern hemisphere summer?

But, regardless, there you have it :whip:

When the jacket arrives - which shouldn't take too long - I will be updating My 20th Anniversary Jacket with some material. Including, of course, photos!
Illinois_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Wested - Current Custom Wait Time (July 2024)

Post by Illinois_Jones »

Yeah that's closer to what it was pre-covid. And it is the middle of summer; lead times would increase in September-October in the Halloween lead up.
But I've long suspected their move away from pre-made OTR jackets had more to do with reining in overhead costs etc in the wake of the covid shakeup than it did with inventory flying off the shelf faster than it could be replenished. That's also why I think they've clamped down on customization across the board to the point that it's no longer really possible; they just couldn't reliably profit off it.
Tremolo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Wested - Current Custom Wait Time (July 2024)

Post by Tremolo »

I can second that, currently they are pretty fast. I ordered a Raiders Hero jacket on May 20th and on June 3rd it was already on its way to me.