Magnoli WL Raiders questions

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Asinyne
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Magnoli WL Raiders questions

Post by Asinyne »

Afternoon everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster.

I’m wanting to order a Magnoli WL Distressed Cowhide Indy Jacket — you all know the one. Anyways, I get a little measurement paralysis (indecisiveness) when it comes to a plethora of measurements. If I do pull the trigger, am I correct in assuming they’re going to ask for the gamut? Shoulders, chest, waist, hem, back length, sleeve length, sleeve width, cuff width, armhole opening, etc? And if so, how good are they at working with you when it comes to sizing? I’ve got all kinds of measurements but I also want to preserve a bit of that Raiders proportionality (Is that a word? It is now!) — if I tell them I want a similar fit to what’s seen in the films (somewhat relaxed but not super loose, similar tapers, etc etc) are they going to be able to help steer me or are they going to require me to provide my measurements and I just have to hope I got it right??

Tl;dr Is Magnoli good at working with you to find a good fit for based on your body type/measurements, or are you really just supposed to provide your wanted measurements and hope it looks the way you envisioned in your head?

Thanks in advance! Y’all are awesome! :TOH:
Arch Stanton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Magnoli WL Raiders questions

Post by Arch Stanton »

It's probably just best to do what I did when I ordered a Magnoli White Label years ago, and measure another jacket that fits about the same as you want this jacket to fit. I know Steele & Jones sort of specialize in doing what you're talking about, taking your measurements and then putting it through whatever their "algorithm" is and making it fit you as close as the jackets hang off of Ford in the films. When I ordered a White Label I did so not with the intention of it being a bit purposefully "ill-fitting", as some say about the Raiders jacket, but as a more tailored look.

Pic from just now: https://ibb.co/9bhDLyv
Arch Stanton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Arch Stanton »

Speaking of Magnoli White Label, just after I wrote on here I saw one for sale on facebook for $135. Nearly new. It might be your size and you don't have to wait...

Back: 24"
Sleeves: 24"
Pit-to-Pit: 22.25"
Bottom: 20.5"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/862237234180215
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

I just ordered a jacket from Magnoli (not an Indy jacket) and the first thing they told me to do was measure a jacket that I liked the fit of. So you will need to have your measurements.