Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

tmfg10
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Wested Raiders Cotton Jacket

Post by tmfg10 »

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to ask if anyone has bought the Wested Raiders cotton jacket? if that is the case what do you think of it? i can't find much info online.
Of course I would prefer the Leather ones. and I am planning to buy one at some point. but the price point is a bit out for me at this current moment and I wanted a indy jacket for a upcoming trip. Also being cotton is better for warmer weathers where I usually am.

Thank you!
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Re: Wested Raiders Cotton Jacket

Post by Michaelson »

I own the prototype and first production model. If they’ve stuck with the same material and patterns, they’re excellent warm weather jackets.

I found the sleeves a bit short for me on a size 44, but nothing I couldn’t live with.

Do NOT toss in the laundry. Dry clean only! The material will ‘pill’ if you don’t. (Those pesky material balls like you get in sweaters)

I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Regards! Michaelson :M:
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

That sounds pretty good, I have to get me one of those. It would be better for bike rides, than my leather ones. :-k

Cheers,
Bear
IndianaJustin
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndianaJustin »

I have a cotton one that's about 10 years old and I use it a lot in the winter in Florida. I love it. One thing I've noticed is that it seems roomier than my leather Wested which is supposedly the same size. I like that as sometimes I layer under it. It's also a bit short for me, not terrible but a little. However I'm long in the torso. Hope you enjoy the jacket if you get one.
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

I've also got one. It is nice and light. My go too jacket when I need a light cover that looks better than a hoodie! It's a great option to have...
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

You guys are really making me want one of these jackets. Too bad I already spent my disposable cash in alderaan places... :rolling:

Gotta wait some months... #-o