Tanaka M1917 availability

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

rc325
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Tanaka M1917 availability

Post by rc325 »

Hey All -

Just wondering what that looks like these days. Finding precious little except out of stock. Sent some inquiries to Japan but haven't had any luck so far. Any other options?

It's looking like I may have to put my 3d printer back in service, so I can have a holster filler.

Best,
RC325
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Re: Tanaka M1917 availability

Post by bearbeast »

MG Props in UK occasionally restocks them, I think. But those are the caps version, not airsoft. :-k
rc325
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by rc325 »

Need to keep searching. That is part of the fun.

Maybe I should just substitute the DL44 for the time being and see if anyone notices?

rc325
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I do enjoy the hunt for gear as well! That great satisfaction when you finally find that piece that has been eluding your grasp for too long. :clap:
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

In Japan, and although I do have one, I'm always keeping eyes peeled for one if they come up...Recently though, nothing at all....Even the secondhand shops in Tokyo have nothing...A friend of mine here managed to get one about 2 years ago, in Japan I believe, (He's in Kyushu) but since then I've not seen much more...I managed to find a decent Browning Hi Power recently, a couple of years back, but since then, nothing close to Indy related at all...I'm sorry
rc325
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by rc325 »

Well for now at least, I've ended the search for this particular piece and my holster filler is a 3d print.

For the prices that some of these models go for I was hoping for some functionality and weight also.. I may end up looking for the genuine article one day and just spending the big bucks.

rc325
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

The Tanaka is also quite light weight. Loads of the weight comes from the bullets. It was a big drawback for me when I had one. I love a good heavy handgun replica. Even if is potmetal, it is metal nonetheless...

If you want a cheap close enough alternative you can go with the airsoft HG-131B HFC. It is not as heavy as the real thing, but it has the full functions of it.

Still mostly plastic, but it has some metal parts. Also the "bullets" are really cool and you can get spares that are actually an upgrade.

Cheers,
Bear
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Still bummed I didn’t pick one up when Todd’s Costumes was offering them.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

It's stuff like this that gives me FOMO for different props and just everyday objects... Too many times I missed the occasion to get my hands on things .... ](*,)

Cheers,
Bear