Steele and Jones, Ordering today

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

IndyFanChuck
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Steele and Jones, Ordering today

Post by IndyFanChuck »

Hello friends!

I've been following Steele & Jones Fedora photos for years and years. Their work on the dirty/dusty Raiders fedora is killer. I love the photos and info they post up on social media. And I have asked Roberto about nine THOUSAND questions about the hat! They seem like really nice guys who care about their work. I'm pulling the trigger today and ordering a new Raiders fedora from them. I'm requesting extra Cairo dirt on mine! :rolling:

I still have to take my measurements because I have a GIANT noggin! My head is like Sputnik, it has it's own weather system! Hopefully Steele & Jones have enough material for a head my size. I'll post up photos and keep you guys posted.

Taa Taa for now!

-Chuck
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Re: Steele and Jones, Ordering today

Post by Indiana Croft »

Congratulations
I’m a huge fan of there jackets so you’re in great hand.
Take your time, they’ll get it right and you’ll be one happy customer.

Can’t wait to see some pictures.
What’s the turnaround time like "

Croft :mrgreen:
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

Yeah, can't comment on their hats because I don't have one, but I do have a jacket and another one on order and if it's the same as dealing with them as that, then you will be plenty happy!
j1935
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by j1935 »

Did you get your hat? I placed an order in December and after a lot of good discussion about sizing and material, have not heard from them since. Not sure if they are not getting my emails or I'm not getting theirs. I'm a month or so past the anticipated delivery time.
Indiego Jones
Vendor

Post by Indiego Jones »

j1935 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:56 am Did you get your hat? I placed an order in December and after a lot of good discussion about sizing and material, have not heard from them since. Not sure if they are not getting my emails or I'm not getting theirs. I'm a month or so past the anticipated delivery time.
Please, let me know your order number
Thanks.-
j1935
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by j1935 »

I got my S&J fedora yesterday, and its awesome! ranted, not a ton of experience with fedoras and I've only owned a "fedora hat-like object" :P from the Disney world Indy collection for direct comparison, but as a hat it's quite nice and as an Indy prop with a bit of light dusting I think it will fit in very well. I'll take some pics later in the week whenI have time. Now I'm just wearing it around the house to get a feel for it, though its waaaaay too hot to wear it outside ATM. So about a 8-9 month total wait, though we did change felt a bit and go over the size (I wear a 60 in other european sized hats but they thought 58.5 cm was a better fit and I think they were correct).

I also see why Indy has a "travel fedora" as well as his "Adventure fedora" as getting a hat that looks good for indy cosplay makes it pretty dirty looking for normal wear. I kinda want a grey one now if I can get a suit to go with it :P
Darthbauer
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Darthbauer »

8-9 months, there goes my hope of getting mine before Halloween. Ordered in May. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
j1935
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by j1935 »

Darthbauer wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 3:46 am 8-9 months, there goes my hope of getting mine before Halloween. Ordered in May. Oh well.
Might want to shoot them an email just to see. I upgraded the felt so that may have incurred some supply delays or something. It will be worth the wait though!
Darthbauer
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Darthbauer »

j1935 wrote:
Darthbauer wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 3:46 am 8-9 months, there goes my hope of getting mine before Halloween. Ordered in May. Oh well.
Might want to shoot them an email just to see. I upgraded the felt so that may have incurred some supply delays or something. It will be worth the wait though!
I ordered a jacket and a hat from them. The wait on the jacket was substantially longer than the hat. I have a backup jacket while I’m waiting for that but I have no hat. Sent them an email this morning. Hoping to hear back soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk