1984 Morgan maybe for sale - advice?

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

darthjones2
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

1984 Morgan maybe for sale - advice?

Post by darthjones2 »

Hey, Gang -

Didn't know which way to go with this. And not looking to get rich either but I have a 1984 Morgan 10' 455 whip. Yes, made by the man himself, that I may be looking to part with.

It is a collector whip that I have not cracked in over 4 years but the value of it is compromised in that there are two broken strands near the base. I'll put as many pictures here of it as I can. Well greased with Pecard's over time but just old. I want to get something I can actually use.

Anyone have a sense of value on it? I'd rather sell it on COW of course.

1whip.jpg
2whip.jpg
3whip.jpg
4whip.jpg
5whip.jpg
IJJTM
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Re: 1984 Morgan maybe for sale - advice?

Post by IJJTM »

Very cool, I would reach out to Dan Borton, Paul Nolan, or Adam Winrich over Facebook if I were you.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Agreed! Those are definitely the folks who’d know.

Regards! Michaelson
Loneken
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Loneken »

Beautiful whip!

I know of a couple of 80' vintage Morgans that sold last year, one through Midwest whip for something like $1800 and another one through a private sale, it looked kinda like yours and sold for around $1500 maybe a little more even. But they didn't have any broken strands so I don't know what kind of discount that would put on the price. Better to ask the experts on this - lovely piece nonetheless.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

darthjones2
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by darthjones2 »

Thank you to all of you!!!