Wested Legacy ToD Jacket

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Beswick
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Wested Legacy ToD Jacket

Post by Beswick »

I wanted to post some fit pictures of my Wested Legacy Temple of Doom jacket to maybe help anyone who may be interested in the jacket in the future. I know when I was researching the jacket, I could only find one picture of someone wearing the jacket to gauge the fit. I had to take a leap of faith and just hope the fit would be ok. It seems like the ToD Jacket gets the least love.
I am a normal 36 in jackets and ordered with the following specs:
Jacket: 36"
Back Length : 25"
Sleeve Length : 24"
Lining : Cotton Body & Satin Sleeves (recommended)
Side Straps: Two Pronged Black Buckles
X-Box Stitching: No
Extra Inside Pocket: No
As a side note, I did distress my jacket so that has changed the fit of the sleeves slightly. I hope this helps someone out there!
Attachments
PXL_20221021_223014905.MP~2_edited.jpeg
PXL_20221021_223213444.MP~2_edited.jpeg
PXL_20221021_223548061.MP~2_edited.jpeg
PXL_20221021_223613366.MP~2_edited.jpeg
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Re: Wested Legacy ToD Jacket

Post by Indiana Croft »

That looks like it’s a nice fit, loose but not to loose.
I like they way it hangs on you.
Wear that one in good health.

Croft :mrgreen:
SFGiant
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by SFGiant »

It’s interesting I can always recognize a ToD jacket but have no clue why or what makes it different.
tomek9210
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by tomek9210 »

SFGiant wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:09 am It’s interesting I can always recognize a ToD jacket but have no clue why or what makes it different.
Smaller pockets, lower placed back panel and flared collar are the most eye-catching features.
Illinois_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois_Jones »

SFGiant wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:09 am It’s interesting I can always recognize a ToD jacket but have no clue why or what makes it different.
Small pockets, primarily. And a more tailored fit and longer body (but also dependent on the wearer).
Beswick
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Beswick »

tomek9210 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:05 pm
Smaller pockets, lower placed back panel and flared collar are the most eye-catching features.
I did have to soak and reshape the collar to get the flair look like the movie. From Wested, the collar was alot higher.
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

Nice jacket. Any chance of some close up pics of it?
Beswick
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Beswick »

Anything specific you want to see close up?
Attachments
PXL_20221022_194604535.MP_edited.jpeg
PXL_20221022_194540524.MP_edited.jpeg
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Looks really nice, and seems like a perfect fit. I have an OTR ToD jacket and I love it. Out of all my Indy jackets that one fits the best.
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

Does the wested hero ToD have the proper side vent configuration like the original Noel Howard jacket. I know it a hit or miss years ago.
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

Yes it does the correct open side vents now, they fixed it.

Thanks for the bigger pics is looks great! Now I'm tempted.
Beswick
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Beswick »

Han Jones wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:47 pm Does the wested hero ToD have the proper side vent configuration like the original Noel Howard jacket. I know it a hit or miss years ago.
Here's a picture of the vents
Attachments
PXL_20221023_182818231.MP_edited.jpeg
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

It fits you very well. Have fun wearing it.
marcdcat
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by marcdcat »

Sorry to piggy back onto Beswick’s TOD legacy thread but I wanted to chime in and say that I just received my TOD Legacy Size 46 and I’m really pleased with it. I owned a Wested Raiders about 20 years ago and this one beats it by miles. Seems sturdier and leather is awesome. Needs breaking in to get that character though. Ordered on October 10 and received in the U.S. on a October 23. Awesome turnaround. Happy to post pics of fit and any detail close ups if there is interest.
Regards
Beswick
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Beswick »

marcdcat wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:52 pm Sorry to piggy back onto Beswick’s TOD legacy thread but I wanted to chime in and say that I just received my TOD Legacy Size 46 and I’m really pleased with it. I owned a Wested Raiders about 20 years ago and this one beats it by miles. Seems sturdier and leather is awesome. Needs breaking in to get that character though. Ordered on October 10 and received in the U.S. on a October 23. Awesome turnaround. Happy to post pics of fit and any detail close ups if there is interest.
Regards
Post some pics! Glad to hear there's some other people with the ToD jacket. Like I said in my original post, when I was researching the jacket for fit I could hardly find anything. All the posts were about the Raiders and a few Last Crusade. The more Temple of Doom the better!
marker2037
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by marker2037 »

The jacket looks perfect on you. I certainly like the Raides and LC jackets better due to the bigger pockets, but that Wested looks phenomenal. Maybe some day I will pick it up so I can have the trifecta.
Arch Stanton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Arch Stanton »

I am so pleased this thread is here. 😘

Two questions up front:

- Does your chest measure 36 with a measuring tape?

- How tall are you?
Beswick
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Beswick »

Arch Stanton wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:42 am I am so pleased this thread is here. 😘

Two questions up front:

- Does your chest measure 36 with a measuring tape?

- How tall are you?
My chest is 36.25", so pretty close. I'm 5' 10".
marcdcat
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by marcdcat »

Sorry it took so long but here are some pics of the Size 46 TOD Legacy Jacket I received last week. Needs some wearing in but I am pleased with it. For reference I am 6 FT. tall / 210Lbs. Waist 36".
An example of one for the bigger guys. Feel free to ask any questions.
Attachments
Front - Unzip.jpeg
Front - Unzipped.jpeg
Forward Zipped.jpeg
Profile - Unzipped.jpeg
Rear.jpeg
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Looks good, man! You got the measurements right, nice fit! :TOH:

Cheers,
Bear
Beswick
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Beswick »

marcdcat wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:14 pm Sorry it took so long but here are some pics of the Size 46 TOD Legacy Jacket I received last week. Needs some wearing in but I am pleased with it. For reference I am 6 FT. tall / 210Lbs. Waist 36".
Looks great, Im sure it will continue to look better and better as it wears in. It's great to see more ToD jackets!
Thunderspy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Thunderspy »

Beswick wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:11 pm I wanted to post some fit pictures of my Wested Legacy Temple of Doom jacket to maybe help anyone who may be interested in the jacket in the future. I know when I was researching the jacket, I could only find one picture of someone wearing the jacket to gauge the fit. I had to take a leap of faith and just hope the fit would be ok. It seems like the ToD Jacket gets the least love.
As a side note, I did distress my jacket so that has changed the fit of the sleeves slightly. I hope this helps someone out there!
Really nice.
Can I ask how you got the sleeves to stay rucked up like that? Looks really good.
Beswick
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Beswick »

Thunderspy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:39 am
Beswick wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:11 pm I wanted to post some fit pictures of my Wested Legacy Temple of Doom jacket to maybe help anyone who may be interested in the jacket in the future. I know when I was researching the jacket, I could only find one picture of someone wearing the jacket to gauge the fit. I had to take a leap of faith and just hope the fit would be ok. It seems like the ToD Jacket gets the least love.
Really nice.
Can I ask how you got the sleeves to stay rucked up like that? Looks really good.
I soaked the sleeves, rolled them up, sat at my desk, and worked on my computer until they dried. I also wear the jacket everyday at work where I am sitting all day at my desk.
Thunderspy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Thunderspy »

Great, thanks. I thought I'd tried something like that too but obviously not enough! :D
It's a great look for the ToD jacket especially- his jacket in the film has really creased arms!
Arch Stanton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Arch Stanton »

Am I safe in assuming that the shoulder seam isn't way the heck far down the shoulder as it is in the Raiders jacket? I'm trying to decide on sleeve length. I have an old Wested Raiders that has 25.5" sleeves and it's way too long and actually ended up folding them under for years before I had them tailored. But I also have a Magnoli Raiders jacket that the sleeves are also 25.5", but fit perfectly, since I had the length of the collar to shoulder seem made shorter.
marcdcat
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by marcdcat »

I’m my case when I ordered you could specify the sleeve length and the shoulder seams definitely do not hang over. The shoulder lines up nicely on my size 46 and is comparable to other size 46 jackets I have by other manufacturers such as the ELMC Californian.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Arch Stanton wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:43 am Am I safe in assuming that the shoulder seam isn't way the heck far down the shoulder as it is in the Raiders jacket?
Yes - My recent 42 ToD is 20 inches across the shoulder. My old LC jacket, which was the same pattern as the Raiders, was around 3 inches wider, resulting in that characteristic 1980's oversized shoulders look.
KurtAffair
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by KurtAffair »

I've really grown to love the ToD jacket. I've had Raiders and Crusade jackets before, but resisted the Temple because nobody could ever get the pattern correct. When I saw the first pics from Wested in January 2021, I pulled the trigger immediately. I think I achieved a decent result after several hours of careful distressing, numerous reference photos, and framing thru the Blu-ray scene-by-scene. What's the verdict, guys? Does it look okay?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/198236534 ... 0307741989
Beswick
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Beswick »

KurtAffair wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:53 pm I've really grown to love the ToD jacket. I've had Raiders and Crusade jackets before, but resisted the Temple because nobody could ever get the pattern correct. When I saw the first pics from Wested in January 2021, I pulled the trigger immediately. I think I achieved a decent result after several hours of careful distressing, numerous reference photos, and framing thru the Blu-ray scene-by-scene. What's the verdict, guys? Does it look okay?

I think it looks pretty good, great job! I just wish the Wested had more brown undertones to the leather instead of the greyish color it has.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

That did come out rather well, ToD does have some serious distressing going on the sleeves which I've tried with no success with my S&J ToD.
But for me that's the fun part, keep playing with it, less is more.
If you can get that wrinkled sleeve look, your there.

As far as the grey undertones, I hear ya.
My Wested Raiders has this same issue.
I distressed mine then hit it with Fiebings leather dye in dark brown all over, let dry, hit just ever so slightly with very fine sand paper ad the brown undertones come out.
This is the best shot I could find, the pocket really shows it best.

KurtAffair
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by KurtAffair »

The sleeve weathering trick is actually pretty simple: put on the jacket and scrunch up the sleeves really tight by pushing them up as far as they'll go. Then (a bit awkward) use a fine-grade foam sanding block, scratch up the bunched sleeves, which creates a "tiger stripe" effect when the sleeves are pulled down again. After that, you can work on the sleeves with the jacket lying flat on a table, adding more detail to bring it all together.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

I might try that on my S&J ToD
I’ve tried wrinkling and getting wet, but the leather won’t hold the wrinkle.

KurtAffair
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by KurtAffair »

The S&J skin might be thicker than Wested's Legacy lamb. I pre-soaked my Temple jacket in the shower and wore the jacket until it dried, and the sleeves bunched up very much like the Mayapore village jacket. It really does look and weather like the screen-used ToD jackets! BTW, your Raiders jacket looks AMAZING!!! I really envy that distressing coloration! I have a Wested custom Raiders in washed lamb, which I've had for several years, but I am allowing it to naturally distress. It did survive being soaked below Niagara Falls, which brought out the texture nicely! It has a nice natural wear patina on it, and the edges and seams are weathering very nice! :TOH:
KurtAffair
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by KurtAffair »

While excavating the archives here, I discovered a post written by Peter, clarifying the origins of the long-debated Temple jacket:
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:58 am

More facts:
I did make some jackets for TOD but not many, a french company made the top ups.
I did NOT make the jacket that Noel Howard has, I do not know where it came from but I beleive it is a french TOD.
Beleive it or not we still have the original makers
Peter Botwright- Designer and Pattern Maker of the Original
Bill Mole- Leather Cutter or Clicker ( official term) cutter of the original and still cutting.
Doris Scott: First prototype and Original jacket machinist and still machining Indy jackets
Georgie Shadwell: Original Jacket machinist and also still making Indyjackets.
Of course we have new blood but the Old Gang still exists.
Cheers
Peter
This makes me appreciate my Temple Legacy jacket even more, cloned from the Noel Howard jacket pattern by Peter himself. Also feeling a bit of melancholy nostalgia, remembering how he would stop by COW to announce the latest jacket / skin options from Wested. I'd love to hear his opinion of the Legacy jacket line. :cry:
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Great find! I miss Peter too! He was so easy to work and deal with! I wish I had stored my emails of the past, to and from him. Thanks for posting this info Mr. Affair! W>
KurtAffair
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by KurtAffair »

From one Wested fan to another, you're very welcome! :TOH:
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

Looks terrific. excellent fit. Perfect arm length.

rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

marcdcat wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:14 pm Sorry it took so long but here are some pics of the Size 46 TOD Legacy Jacket I received last week. Needs some wearing in but I am pleased with it. For reference I am 6 FT. tall / 210Lbs. Waist 36".
Please tell us what your exact TOD Legacy 46 jacket measurements are as ordered as we are the same size and I have a 42 Raiders Hero
DM if you like. Dont mean to hijack this thread.
Thanks
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

KurtAffair wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:53 pm I've really grown to love the ToD jacket. I've had Raiders and Crusade jackets before, but resisted the Temple because nobody could ever get the pattern correct. When I saw the first pics from Wested in January 2021, I pulled the trigger immediately. I think I achieved a decent result after several hours of careful distressing, numerous reference photos, and framing thru the Blu-ray scene-by-scene. What's the verdict, guys? Does it look okay?

looks great!. Size? Legacy ToD right? measurements? what is your size? Asking cuz I'm about to pull the trigger on one. Thanks
Noah
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Noah »

Great photos and weathering jobs in this thread!

I just received my Legacy ToD last week. First custom jacket for me and it looks and feels great. The sizing I went with was:
Chest: 42
Back: 26
Sleeve: 24

My actual chest measurement is about 43.5 - 44 inches. According to the size chart, the 42 looked like a good fit. It definitely fits very comfortably, but I think I actually could’ve sized down to 40, ONLY because I intended to go for a more tight-fitted look. I like how in some scenes in the film both sides of the jacket sometimes look far apart. Of course the down side is that it could lead to a less comfortable fit across the chest, shoulders and arms.

Wore it outside in the rain twice. Didn’t get it soaking wet, but it was just a light rain both times. Wanted to crease the sleeves up and tone down the shine. The sleeves did crease up quite nicely. And it’s less shiny now, though it’s kinda hard to see in these pictures. The sleeves also got shorter, maybe half an inch or so. Straight out of the package the sleeves ended up being a bit long for my tastes, but in the end it worked out after the creasing. I didn’t do any other distressing yet. Might just keep it as is until I eventually get a second jacket. Then one can be my distressed/cosplay jacket.

Here’s some before-the-rain and after-the-rain photos. The differences aren’t huge in these pics, but it’s there in person. I’ll get some pictures of me wearing it sometime soon.
Attachments
Before-rain
Before-rain
After-rain
After-rain
Before-rain
Before-rain
After-rain
After-rain
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

Noah wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:43 am Great photos and weathering jobs in this thread!

I just received my Legacy ToD last week. First custom jacket for me and it looks and feels great. The sizing I went with was:

My actual chest measurement is about 43.5 - 44 inches. According to the size chart, the 42 looked like a good fit. It definitely fits very comfortably, but I think I actually could’ve sized down to 40, ONLY because I intended to go for a more tight-fitted look. I like how in some scenes in the film both sides of the jacket sometimes look far apart. Of course the down side is that it could lead to a less comfortable fit across the chest, shoulders and arms.

Wore it outside in the rain twice. Didn’t get it soaking wet, but it was just a light rain both times. Wanted to crease the sleeves up and tone down the shine. The sleeves did crease up quite nicely. And it’s less shiny now, though it’s kinda hard to see in these pictures. The sleeves also got shorter, maybe half an inch or so. Straight out of the package the sleeves ended up being a bit long for my tastes, but in the end it worked out after the creasing. I didn’t do any other distressing yet. Might just keep it as is until I eventually get a second jacket. Then one can be my distressed/cosplay jacket.

Here’s some before-the-rain and after-the-rain photos. The differences aren’t huge in these pics, but it’s there in person. I’ll get some pictures of me wearing it sometime soon.

There it is! That's my next jacket. same sizes too. Looks great and even better with the wrinkled sleeves. Will you measure the armpit to hem? sleeve width at elbow? sleeve width at cuff? thanks in advance

https://flic.kr/p/2oK6dWa
Noah
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Noah »

rbxb wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:38 pm
Noah wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:43 am Great photos and weathering jobs in this thread!

There it is! That's my next jacket. same sizes too. Looks great and even better with the wrinkled sleeves. Will you measure the armpit to hem? sleeve width at elbow? sleeve width at cuff? thanks in advance

Nice coincidence on sizing! Yeah sure I got those measurements for you. But do keep in mind that these are taken after the rain-treatment:

Armpit to bottom of jacket: 14 3/8”
Elbow width: 7 1/4”
Bottom of sleeve/cuff width: 5 7/8”

I took some updated measurements after the rain-treatment, and sure enough both the sleeves and the back length shrunk a bit. Updated measurements are:

Sleeves: 23 1/8” (measured 24” pre-rain)
Back: 25 5/8” (measured 26” pre-rain)

So the sleeves shrunk almost an inch. Now I’m definitely glad I ordered the length I did. Thankfully the back length didn’t shrink too much. But with the next jacket I order, I’ll probably size up to 26.5”. Just for my personal preference.
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

Noah wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:57 pm

Nice coincidence on sizing! Yeah sure I got those measurements for you. But do keep in mind that these are taken after the rain-treatment:

I took some updated measurements after the rain-treatment, and sure enough both the sleeves and the back length shrunk a bit. Updated measurements are:

So the sleeves shrunk almost an inch. Now I’m definitely glad I ordered the length I did. Thankfully the back length didn’t shrink too much. But with the next jacket I order, I’ll probably size up to 26.5”. Just for my personal preference.
That information is EXTREMELY helpful! Much obliged , Sir. I've ordered 3 Wested's 2 Raiders standard, currently a Raiders Hero and all were close and lovely jackets.
With this new knowledge and my 6', 207 lbs and normally 33/34 or 25" sleeve.and oddly a 43.5 chest I will order a Legacy ToD 42, 26.5 length,25.5 sleeve, 23-4 pit to pit, 19-20" shoulder and request narrower sleeves perhaps under 7" at elbow which will mandate satin lining.. THANKS AGAIN. Yours looks terrific!
Noah
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Noah »

rbxb wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:03 pm
Noah wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:57 pm

That information is EXTREMELY helpful! Much obliged , Sir. I've ordered 3 Wested's 2 Raiders standard, currently a Raiders Hero and all were close and lovely jackets.
With this new knowledge and my 6', 207 lbs and normally 33/34 or 25" sleeve.and oddly a 43.5 chest I will order a Legacy ToD 42, 26.5 length,25.5 sleeve, 23-4 pit to pit, 19-20" shoulder and request narrower sleeves perhaps under 7" at elbow which will mandate satin lining.. THANKS AGAIN. Yours looks terrific!
Glad I could be of help to you! Sounds like you’ve got a good and detailed measurement ready to give them! For more reference I’m 5’8, 180 lbs with a muscular build. My arms are 17” flexed and when flexing in the jacket they fill it up completely, but yet don’t feel like it’s squeezing my arms so that’s a plus. Turned out just right comfort and fit-wise. Hoping to get some pictures of me wearing it tomorrow for further visual reference.
Noah
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Noah »

Got some pictures today. Think they give an idea of how it fits and the way the arms crease:
Attachments
With my Magnoli bag and strap
With my Magnoli bag and strap
2FEE6932-39A7-4F70-8120-E2AEAF020736.jpeg
Under shade with my ToD whip
Under shade with my ToD whip
7DB8A895-CC17-40CA-AF76-19E2A7CF36F0.jpeg
417FEA39-9927-45B0-81B7-F9D534C3C1C1.jpeg
3208BE7E-6D56-4AC3-9219-B39A223814AA.jpeg
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Noah wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:55 pm Got some pictures today. Think they give an idea of how it fits and the way the arms crease:
Perfect. Got to be happy with that.
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

Noah wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:55 pm Got some pictures today. Think they give an idea of how it fits and the way the arms crease:
Yours Looks great!!!!!
here's my first custom Wested a Raiders Lambtouch. the length was 24.5" as I recall circa 2006-7
It's amazing how the "Chris King 80's pattern" Raiders jacket resembles the Legacy ToD jacket of today.. The straps are inverted an the pockets are larger but........just sayin
Attachments
Lambtouchback.jpeg
Lambtouch2.jpg
Lambtouch1.jpg
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Great fit and sleeves crease very nice! You got the measurements perfectly. :TOH:
rbxb wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:38 pm Yours Looks great!!!!!
here's my first custom Wested a Raiders Lambtouch. the length was 24.5" as I recall circa 2006-7
It's amazing how the "Chris King 80's pattern" Raiders jacket resembles the Legacy ToD jacket of today.. The straps are inverted an the pockets are larger but........just sayin
Looking great, rbxb! Is the pic recent, or from 2006? If recent, the jacket held up amazingly well, looks brand new in the pics.

Cheers,
Bear
Noah
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Noah »

CM wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:30 pm Perfect. Got to be happy with that.
Thanks! Yep Wested did a really nice job with this jacket design. I’m glad the sizing worked out well for a first time custom.
Thank you! Once the sleeves get the creases in them, it really gives off the signature ToD look well.
And that’s a great looking jacket you’ve got! I agree with Bearbeast, it looks in such great shape for a jacket that age!
bearbeast wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:58 pm Great fit and sleeves crease very nice! You got the measurements perfectly. :TOH:
Thank you! It was a bit nerve-wracking before it got delivered. I was very happy the measurements turned out well!

My advice to anyone deciding to get this, and plans on water-treating and creasing the sleeves, is to make sure you account for shrinkage (Back length too). Being both my first time getting a custom-made jacket, as well as creasing and water-treating sleeves, I didn’t even realize the sleeves could shrink by that much. Brand new I thought it turned out a bit too long. Thankfully it worked to my advantage in the end, but had I gone any shorter it would’ve became too short.
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

Looking great, rbxb! Is the pic recent, or from 2006? If recent, the jacket held up amazingly well, looks brand new in the pics.

Cheers,
Bear
[/quote]

Pics were taken guessing 2007-8. Thanks. Remarkably similar to the ToD Legacy