Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Sleeve width too wide.

Post by rbxb »

Hello everybody,

I have owned several Wested Raiders in lambtouch, goat, lambskin and even a early Indiana Jones heavier leather (made by Wilson I think).
All have been the Raiders style in the original AND a custom HERO. I've noticed the sleeves are too wide on ALL compared to the screen jackets. I understand this is to likely fit most body types and perhaps facilitate wearing a sweater under. Examples my Wested Hero at the elbow is 7" (laying flat) cuff is 5 1/2". The Original (Wilson) is elbow 8" and cuff 5 3/4". When I look at the movie jackets the sleeves appear much narrower. Am I the only one noticing this? It is a small detail but really makes for a better more tailored fit.
Tibor
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Re: Sleeve width too wide.

Post by Tibor »

Both Steele and Jones and Kelso will adjust sleeve width if you request it. They’re both pretty good to begin with so ask ahead of time. :TOH:
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

Tibor wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:46 pm Both Steele and Jones and Kelso will adjust sleeve width if you request it. They’re both pretty good to begin with so ask ahead of time. :TOH:
thanks. what are the sleeve (at elbow / / forearm / cuff measurements on your 44 wested?
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Wested will adjust sleeve width too, just give them the cuff across measure. Elbow too if you want.

But look at the temple entrance scene, the sleeves themselves may be wider then you think.
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

Kt Templar wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:29 pm Wested will adjust sleeve width too, just give them the cuff across measure. Elbow too if you want.

But look at the temple entrance scene, the sleeves themselves may be wider then you think.
Thanks. Was hoping Wested would as well. Steele & Jones / Kelso are way too pricey for my budget.
I have two on here and Poshmark for sale to finance yet another one with the narrower sleeves. likely a Raiders in 'Legacy' lambskin hide. :lol:
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

My favourite is the Legacy LC, the leather is so easy to distress up.

Though a Dial is calling to me...
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

Kt Templar wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:51 am My favourite is the Legacy LC, the leather is so easy to distress up.

Though a Dial is calling to me...
Hey thanks, I'm scouring Wested's sites and revisiting the different jacket versions. It appears the Temple of D jacket is the narrowest overall fit of the first 3 movies (per Wested) I always thought the Raiders was the tighter fit. so........regarding the sleeves is your sleeve narrower on your Temple of D than the others you own? :)
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

You know what, I cant really tell. None of my jackets are OTRs, I always need about 2" chopped off the sleeves so I dont know that the cuff measure is. I tend to ask for an across the cuff measure.

Usually tho, even if I didn't ask for an across the cuff, ie in a Standard Raiders or the Temple, they seemed ok.

The one jacket I had made where the cuffs are really big is my S&J but it was a really early one and I would think it was just teething problems.