Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

AttyOzzy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

FlightJacket’s Indy Jacket

Post by AttyOzzy »

Hi Indy Friends,

I was scanning the net last night looking for Indy Jackets. I came across FlightJacket. They sell, amongst many other styles, an Indy Jacket.

One can buy it off of the rack (“OTR”), or have it custom made. The jacket looks to be based on the Raiders version.

Does anyone own, or have owned, this jacket from FlightJacket? I am interested to hear about OTR sizing and leather quality more so than screen accuracy.

Thank you all.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FlightJacket’s Indy Jacket

Post by Indiana Jeff »

I think the most recent mention of them is this thread I posted - yikes! - 10 years ago.

viewtopic.php?p=820916&hilit=flight+jackets#p820916

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Based on the lack of the discussion over a decade, apparently not a popular jacket. :-k ;)

Regards! Michaelson :M:
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

For sure. I started that thread because there was nary a peep about Flight Jackets before then.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

I own one of their G8 type 440's -- had it for some time and really like it -- good quality in all ways, but don't know about any of their other stuff -- I do remember a post here re: the 'Indy' jacket and a fellow referring to the two hand pockets going to the outside portions of the patch pockets instead of inside. This wouldn't surprise me as that is the way they do it on the G8 too. Again, other than this, I don't know much else than I remember they were very easy and responsive to work with! W>
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

On an interesting note, I bought an Indy Jacket from Five Star Leather as I recognised the pattern as a mid 80s Indy but couldnt remember the maker it was patterned after, pretty sure it's the Flightjackets pattern.

Five star make mid cost but very high quality A2 jackets. The Indy jacket is steerhide and very heavy, the construction is incredibly precise, better than any I've seen from any of our makers, bar none.

The pattern is way off what we expect now obviously, but it's a very solid budget option.

xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

Yeah I got a 5star jacket too. As you say the pattern is very generic and screen accurate details aren't there. It's built like a tank and comfortable fit though. You can ask them to change a few bits, I asked for a brass YKK gauge 5 zipper on mine and correct colour threading. With distresssed Goatskin leather, so it's a bit more lightweight.
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

xmasters wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:06 pm Yeah I got a 5star jacket too. As you say the pattern is very generic and screen accurate details aren't there. It's built like a tank and comfortable fit though. You can ask them to change a few bits, I asked for a brass YKK gauge 5 zipper on mine and correct colour threading. With distresssed Goatskin leather, so it's a bit more lightweight.
You MUST post some pics of that jacket! I’m very intrigued- it looks like an old US Wings jacket with LC arms on it!

I’m tempted to get one with the olive green lining.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

Ok... want one. :Plymouth: