Wested custom order, Raiders+Dial of Destiny ??

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Wested custom order, Raiders+Dial of Destiny ??

Post by Kokopelli »

I am going to order what will most likely be the last Indy jacket I’ll buy. Here are my thoughts: I want to recreate my beloved Fan Club-Disney jacket, now that the DD jacket has brought back the ‘reversed straps’!

I’ll do cow for the leather, same as the Club jacket and distress it myself.

Is Wested allowing customization requests again?
- because an off the rack Raiders pattern fits me best, but I want LC collar, pickets and storm flap…my plan is order a Raiders, and ask for an LC collar, pockets and storm flap and Destiny straps.
The Character
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Wested custom order, Raiders+Dial of Destiny ??

Post by The Character »

I asked Wested directly for the DOD Jacket in a different hide and was told not an option .. despite the note saying g every jacket currently is being treated as a custom job. It’s only available in the one hide currently and I really don’t want that one.
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

Interesting… I’ll email them, but I wonder if customizing the Raiders is possible?
giantthugee86
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by giantthugee86 »

Kokopelli wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:07 pm I am going to order what will most likely be the last Indy jacket I’ll buy. Here are my thoughts: I want to recreate my beloved Fan Club-Disney jacket, now that the DD jacket has brought back the ‘reversed straps’!

I’ll do cow for the leather, same as the Club jacket and distress it myself.

Is Wested allowing customization requests again?
- because an off the rack Raiders pattern fits me best, but I want LC collar, pickets and storm flap…my plan is order a Raiders, and ask for an LC collar, pockets and storm flap and Destiny straps.
I asked if they could make a raiders hero with the destiny skin and they said that skik is exclusive to the destiny.

Also make sure you email them requests before you submit the order or they may cancel it. :Forrestal:
Kokopelli
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kokopelli »

I sent an email, so we'll see what comes up. Basically, if the Destiny pattern is the same as the Standard Raiders pattern, that's what I want, but in cow leather.

edit: well, I guess I'll look elsewhere- They replied that they are not doing any customization requests. The way you see it is the way it comes. They did confirm the DoD jacket is the same as the Standard Raiders pattern.

-I would order DoD, but I dont want the lizard/dinosaur hide I've been seeing these come in.
There was one shown on the FB group, I believe, and it looked terrible in my opinion. The whole left side front panel was lizard scale looking, then smooth on the right side, and one sleeve was ribbed all the way down. :-s