Wested legacy raiders

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Barry Gibb
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Wested legacy raiders

Post by Barry Gibb »

Hey, very much new here and trying to figure the right size for my 1st Indy jacket and I think I've landed on legacy Raiders. Im 172cm (5'7) and with an average build around 65 - 70kg. The Legacy Raiders size chart says this

Chest. Sleeve. Shoulder. Back. Pit2Pit.
36". 25". 6.25". 22.5". 20".

I measured myself to be Chest 36" sleeve 23.5"
Shoulder 5.7" Back 24 - 24.5".
I used a jacket to measure sleeve, shoulder and back. I'm very surprised with the back length on the legacy jacket, it really makes me second guess my measurements should I proceed with these or make adjustments? Does anything look off in terms if the sizing to someone with experience with these jackets?
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Re: Wested legacy raiders

Post by bearbeast »

You can also compare the sizes to their off the rack jackets. It's what I did when ordering custom ones.

Not sure if the legacy has a much different fit and cut though... :-k
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

Your own measurements don't sound wrong for the jacket based on your height.
Mikeynts
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Mikeynts »

You gotta check the back size of your current jacket on which u based the measurements... The back can be tricky, on the legacy it is supposed to hang lower from the neck(they designed it that way)... so an 24" back size cut sit to low over the back pockets of your trousers/pants.... They suggest a 22" so if you have a longer back I would suggest 23" or so.. the 24 will probably sit to low when u put it on.

perhaps other members, with opinions...?
Mikeynts
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Mikeynts »

check this on their site... this explains the difference with pictures on a mannequin.. It is the comparison between the standard raiders and the "Hero jacket"... And the Hero jacket has the same features as the legacy, in the sizing...

https://wested.com/blogs/news/the-hero- ... rs-edition
Barry Gibb
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Barry Gibb »

Very good points, I'm also wondering if the Legacy is cut differently to a "standard hero" or if it's cut the same. I've also sent wested an email about the sizing, no reply at this moment. Tbh they'll probably just tell me to look at the size chart and that be the end of it. Any 5'7 (172cm) raiders owners here? Feedback from similar sizes would be greatly appreciated :TOH:
Last edited by Barry Gibb on Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xmasters
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by xmasters »

Barry Gibb wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:10 am Very good points, I'm also wondering if the Legacy is cut differently to a "standard" hero or if it's cut the same.
It's the same cut. Legacy has the more correct hardware though.

And to be clear, the standard Raiders jacket (non hero) is a different fit/cut.