Steele and Jones is King

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

thecoolmiester
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Steele and Jones is King

Post by thecoolmiester »

After a well worth it year of waiting it’s finally here!! My superior raiders Cairo Steele and Jones hat.
I’m blown away. The hat looks like it could have been screen used with the way the weathering looks. Reminds me of the raiders hat auctioned off a few years ago when just looking at it on display.

Here it is on my head:

And here it is next to my advintage:

Even the sweat stains looks more authentic. You could convince me that Roberto himself sweated in the grosgrain ribbon to get that perfect circular shape lol compared to Advintage which is more of a dirt spot.

Don’t get me wrong I love the Advintage and prefer the way the brim looks on that hat, but as far as my overall preferred; Steele and Jones hands down!

Advintage definitely has the dirt in the right places but compared to Steele it looks like a nice clean hat under there while the Steele hat looks genuinely beat to @#$% from hundreds of adventures. I have no clue how they did this type of weathering, but it’s perfect.

Steele hat was definitely a much thicker felt than expected but I like it and honestly I love both of these hats. I believe they are priced similarly too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
steve_guthrie
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Re: Steele and Jones is King

Post by steve_guthrie »

Very nice! Is the dust applied permanently to either hat?

Odo
Vendor

Post by Odo »

Thanks for your words on our work, and for taking the time to review it! The other hat looks great, too!
thecoolmiester
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by thecoolmiester »

steve_guthrie wrote:Very nice! Is the dust applied permanently to either hat?

Permanent for the most part. Some of the dust comes off on the Advintage. I have another hat that I have it some steam on to make a tweak and the dust fell off that spot. I had to reapply it myself no bid deal. Also I don’t take a hat brush to these since it lightened some of the dirt spots.
Steele and Jones seems to been applied with some kind of sealer so I’d say that one has dirt that is much more permanent.

thecoolmiester
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Steele and Jones is King

Post by thecoolmiester »

Odo wrote:Thanks for your words on our work, and for taking the time to review it! The other hat looks great, too!
No problem!
Your hat is my favorite hat in my collection now!