New Indy pants

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Orl
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

New Indy pants

Post by Orl »

I think to buy a new indy pants. I have the Wested pants the first generation and the color isn't accurate is very light. I find the most accurate Raiders pants. Currently which would be more accurate in color and design, Wested or WPG. I saw the Magnoli pants and I don't spend a lot of money. I don't decide which choose it.
Loneken
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: New Indy pants

Post by Loneken »

Orl wrote:I think to buy a new indy pants. I have the Wested pants the first generation and the color isn't accurate is very light. I find the most accurate Raiders pants. Currently which would be more accurate in color and design, Wested or WPG. I saw the Magnoli pants and I don't spend a lot of money. I don't decide which choose it.
Following this thread as I'm looking for accurate Indy pants too.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Well Todds were the go to in the day, but alas they are no more.

So, with that said, I’ve heard the new batch at Wested are better than first gen, which I have to and I’m thinking of trying another pair from Wested as well as the shirt which I’ve heard good reviews on.

WPG, well you’d have to do a search on them and see what is said.
Indy Magnoli’s are probably the best option out there, but they have to be in the budget as his are custom.

You can do a search on evil bay for officer pinks and while they aren’t Indy, they are what his pants are based on. And would constitute as close enough.

But know your size is probably the hardest thing.

Good luck.

Croft :mrgreen:
Orl
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Orl »

I have the wested first generation and the color is not accurate. They are very good pants of excellent quality but the color is what is missing. I’ve looked at your website but the color seen it is misleading. I read that they have corrected the pockets making them more precise.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

Well you know the o'l saying, you can't judge the color based on your screen. Might look off on your
monitor, but look different on mine.

What you have to ask your self is how close to SA do you want and most people won't judge the color/shade of your pants to the character in question. What they'll say is awesome looking gear.

Plus your options are limited. You have Wested, they fit? if they do, then I'd go with a company you know and not be particular in the shade.

Just my opinion, lots of guys are making the shirts, jacket and hats, but pants always seemed to be lacking.

Loneken
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Loneken »

Indiana Croft wrote:Well you know the o'l saying, you can't judge the color based on your screen. Might look off on your

What you have to ask your self is how close to SA do you want and most people won't judge the color/shade of your pants to the character in question. What they'll say is awesome looking gear.

Plus your options are limited. You have Wested, they fit? if they do, then I'd go with a company you know and not be particular in the shade.

Just my opinion, lots of guys are making the shirts, jacket and hats, but pants always seemed to be lacking.

Interesting thanks for the good information in this thread. I might have missed it somewhere but do we know who supplied the pants in the movies?
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana Croft »

Noel Howard I believe. And you’ll only find them in the bazaar from time to time. But it’s rare.
There is a pair in the bazaar now but there officer pant (pinks I called them)

Orl
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Orl »

Indiana Croft wrote:Well you know the o'l saying, you can't judge the color based on your screen. Might look off on your

I don't know if the new model Wested pants are more SC than my old Wested pants. I bought the old one when wested put it on sale for the first time. Anyone does have both models to compare?
zeus36
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by zeus36 »

https://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/us-ww2-of ... iform.html

American WW2 replica Officers dress trousers often called "Pinks".
Officially called "Trousers, Wool, Elastique, Drab, Officer's" but most often just called Pinks.
These where worn by all US Army officers including the Air force officers and Airborne Officer's in the 1940's.
These are high quality replica trousers made in the correct 1940s high waist style. These are designed to be worn high just below your belly button. The sizes given are the actual size of the waist band (were the trouser belt loops are).
These are made in the 1940s style with a high waist band and loose fit. The inside leg is 32 1/2".
zeus36
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by zeus36 »

Interesting info from 2018:

OLD UNIFORM IS NEW AGAIN: MODERNIZED 'PINKS AND GREENS' COULD DEBUT SOON

https://www.ausa.org/articles/old-unifo ... debut-soon
Howard Weinstein
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Howard Weinstein »

zeus36 wrote:https://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/us-ww2-of ... iform.html

American WW2 replica Officers dress trousers often called "Pinks".
Officially called "Trousers, Wool, Elastique, Drab, Officer's" but most often just called Pinks.
These where worn by all US Army officers including the Air force officers and Airborne Officer's in the 1940's.
These are high quality replica trousers made in the correct 1940s high waist style. These are designed to be worn high just below your belly button. The sizes given are the actual size of the waist band (were the trouser belt loops are).
These are made in the 1940s style with a high waist band and loose fit. The inside leg is 32 1/2".
Those replica Pinks look like they're missing the pleats, correct?

To me, the pleats are more important on "close-enough" Indy pants than the back-pocket flaps -- since more people see you coming than going, and the pleats would be visible even if the jacket is zipped. What do y'all think?
distantpeople
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by distantpeople »

Original officer's pinks has no pleats, but screen accurate Indy trousers do.

Pinks were especially popular with the US Army Air Force during WWII: http://www.wadhamsfamilyhistory.co.uk/F ... niform.htm
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

Flat-front may not be screen-accurate, but they are poster-accurate: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8a/40/e0 ... 19ec44.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Though if you're wearing the gun belt as well as all the gear, I find the pleats are often covered up anyway, so for me, the flaps are actually more important. One of my favorite Indy "close enough" trousers for years were a pair of vintage flat-fronted pants.

It's all about the overall look. :TOH:
Howard Weinstein
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Howard Weinstein »

Indy Magnoli wrote:Flat-front may not be screen-accurate, but they are poster-accurate: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8a/40/e0 ... 19ec44.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Though if you're wearing the gun belt as well as all the gear, I find the pleats are often covered up anyway, so for me, the flaps are actually more important. One of my favorite Indy "close enough" trousers for years were a pair of vintage flat-fronted pants.

It's all about the overall look. :TOH:
Heh! You're right about that poster. I wonder if the artist found it too much trouble to draw in the pleats and their little shadows...? :-k
Orl
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Orl »

I think that if you are looking for pants that are the closest to SA you should go with a pants with pleats. And I think that there are only three sellers with SA pants.