Daly Designed WestedShirt

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Daly Designed WestedShirt

Post by RayROnline »

On my Facebook newsfeed today I got an ad for a brand new Wested shirt. Supposedly they’ve adjusted the color and the buttons. Does anyone have experience with the brand new Wested leather company 2020 Indiana Jones shirt? I’d like to know how it compares to all the others that we already know and love.
Smithy
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: Daly Designed WestedShirt

Post by Smithy »

RayROnline wrote:On my Facebook newsfeed today I got an ad for a brand new Wested shirt. Supposedly they’ve adjusted the color and the buttons. Does anyone have experience with the brand new Wested leather company 2020 Indiana Jones shirt? I’d like to know how it compares to all the others that we already know and love.
I received a new Wested shirt last week which I'm very happy with. Here's a couple of pictures (sorry I haven't ironed it yet!)...

Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Now that looks more spot on, :-k
Might have to look at these again.
Thanks for posting the pictures, nice color.

Croft :mrgreen:
Smithy
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Smithy »

No worries Croft and happy if the photos help.

I'm super happy with the shirt, fit is very nice too, not at all like a balloon that I've seen some iterations can unfortunately drift towards.

I think Wested have done a cracking job with these and deserve to sell a boatload of the things.
captblitzdawg
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by captblitzdawg »

On Facebook a couple people said the shirt seems too thin- that it seems like it is just waiting to tear apart. Others say it is light, soft and comfortable and wears just fine. What do you think about how durable the shirt is? Does it feel fragile or very comfortable? Thanks!
Smithy
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Smithy »

captblitzdawg wrote:On Facebook a couple people said the shirt seems too thin- that it seems like it is just waiting to tear apart. Others say it is light, soft and comfortable and wears just fine. What do you think about how durable the shirt is? Does it feel fragile or very comfortable? Thanks!
It's light Capt but I don't think it feels fragile at all. It's stitched and constructed and put together very well. The fabric is a light weight but it certainly doesn't feel delicate or fragile.

Very comfortable and the cut is very nice too and I'd imagine that it's very close in terms of cut and how it looks when worn to what Ford was wearing in the movies - at least it looks that way to my eye.

These things always come down to a certain amount of subjective slant but I'd definitely recommend it.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

The people who complain that an Indy shirt is too thin haven't seen an original, or a Noel Howard. This line of thinking ends up with the flannel like first Todds.

It's not a thick cotton shirt.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Can you post a picture after a wash and hang dry, wanna see how it wrinkles up.
And thin is great, when in humid or hot arid weather, thinner the better, as I wear these shirts year round.

Smithy
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Smithy »

Indiana Croft wrote:Can you post a picture after a wash and hang dry, wanna see how it wrinkles up.
And thin is great, when in humid or hot arid weather, thinner the better, as I wear these shirts year round.

No problem Croft although you might have to wait a week or two. We've had to have the floor in our laundry dug up and piping replaced. Problem being that our hot water cylinder is located in there and we had to remove it to redo the floor so we are currently out of hot water.

Once normal service resumes at Smithy Manor I'll chuck the new shirt in the wash and post some pics.
Adventure Dog
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Adventure Dog »

Kt Templar wrote:The people who complain that an Indy shirt is too thin haven't seen an original, or a Noel Howard. This line of thinking ends up with the flannel like first Todds.

It's not a thick cotton shirt.
I wish I could get Indy shirts in a variety of fabrics because I loved that first and 2nd run of Todd's shirts because it WAS soft!