Some New Pieces Added

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

agary7046
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Some New Pieces Added

Post by agary7046 »

So I am slowly (weekly) adding to the ensemble. I seem to keep finding something a little bit better every time I look around on here. I got a web belt and some authentic WWII trousers. They aren't the pinks or anything, but they were $30 and will definitely hold me over for a while. The fit and style feels a lot closer to Indy's style than the dress pants I had. Once I'm ready to splurge I think I will go with the WPG pants. Thoughts? Any preference on which style is the best one from them? My biggest concern is pricing, right after that is accuracy. Magnoli would be a little out of my budget for the pants. Overall I am going for a ROTLA style.

I am also planning to get boots, probably the Wested which seem to look great and I am comfortable spending that much on boots.

Unfortunately my MKVII Satchel's ring holding strap fell apart so I have to wait for some fabric to come in that I ordered. So that will be a fun little project for me to work on. After some searching on here that seems to be common, and I have a pretty good idea on remedying the problem.

Til next time,
Agary7046
Attachments
agary7046.jpeg
IJJTM
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Re: Some New Pieces Added

Post by IJJTM »

Your ensemble is coming along nicely, I’ve heard mixed things about WPG trousers, but I have a shirt, belt and satchel from them, which all turned out great.
agary7046
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by agary7046 »

IJJTM wrote:Your ensemble is coming along nicely, I’ve heard mixed things about WPG trousers, but I have a shirt, belt and satchel from them, which all turned out great.
Most of the gear I have I got from WPG and I am very satisfied with them so far. I will probably give their pants a try as well.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Gear is looking great.

With that beaming smile I'm tempted to change the title of this thread to "The Happiest Archaeologist on the Dig."

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
agary7046
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by agary7046 »

Indiana Jeff wrote:Gear is looking great.

With that beaming smile I'm tempted to change the title of this thread to "The Happiest Archaeologist on the Dig."

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
:D
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

It does remind me of Indy's, "Let 'er go." pose.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
agary7046
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by agary7046 »

Indiana Jeff wrote:It does remind me of Indy's, "Let 'er go." pose.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
That’s a great connection! I was doing the scene where he shoots the swordsman in my head. If HF didn’t have dysentery during that scene I could definitely see a grin coming out of that. But if HF didn’t have dysentery that scene would have been completely different anyway!