Indy whip on Ebay, scam?

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Indy whip on Ebay, scam?

Post by IndianaBravo »

Hello All

I was perusing Ebay and came across this listing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-Authenti ... SwmU9eEwz-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The maker is a guy called Andy Ford, ostensibly an elusive UK whipmaker. I did a search and found nothing on him. There are pictures of Joe Strain's work and a Pakistani whip thrown in to boot. Everything on the listing screams scam. Being a scam victim myself (Graeme if you are out there, I'm still waiting on my whip 10 years later) this kind of stuff makes my blood boil.
What do you guys think?
Thwack!
Indianabravo
iwantamorganreelbad1
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Indy whip on Ebay, scam?

Post by iwantamorganreelbad1 »

Definitely looks like a scam. Not only is Joe’s work on there but Indy Magnoli’s deluxe whip as well. I’ve seen a few whips on eBay that look pretty good for amazing prices (ardourcrafts and equinelibrium) but I can’t help but wonder how legit any of those are either. The dangers of eBay, I suppose.

I do think Joe and Magnoli should be notified someone is fraudulently using their pictures, though, surely that isn’t legal?
whiskyman
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by whiskyman »

Complete nonsense!! Sadly, some poor folk will no doubt be taken in. Shameful :x
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

"...from the specifications made by David Morgan for the Raiders movie the first one."

"THIS IS A REAL INVESTMENT AS YOU WILL GET DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK WHEN THE NEW MOVIE COME OUT."

What are you guys talking about? That's some terrific Grammer right there. :lol:
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Agreed, the entire listing is highly questionable. The pictures aren't of original work and the text is sketchy.

Move along, move along.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
ecwhips
Vendor

Post by ecwhips »

Watch out for this guy on Ebay, too; hassank_7. He has almost a dozen auctions going on Ebay, with pictures taken right off Joe Strain's website.
Ghostsoldier
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Ghostsoldier »

ecwhips wrote:Watch out for this guy on Ebay, too; hassank_7. He has almost a dozen auctions going on Ebay, with pictures taken right off Joe Strain's website.
Well, I'll be danged...that's the guy I bought my con hip hanger from, lol.

Rob