Advintage or Christy’s

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Heyjude7
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Advintage or Christy’s

Post by Heyjude7 »

Good day!
Just got a great deal on a Fedora from a forum member and a member of the Raiders FB page.
We were both wondering about the fedora. It has a Christys sweatband and an Advintage liner. The brim dimensions are 2 1/2 x 2 5/8
It’s an amazing looking fed and zero regrets about it jus curious on the back story of it. He bought it second hand and the previous owner did not relay the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heyjude7
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Advintage or Christy’s

Post by Heyjude7 »

Heyjude7
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Heyjude7 »

Heyjude7
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Heyjude7 »

This fedora is a thing of beauty and I can’t wait til it arrives !
Thank you for looking and any information anyone has.

Howard Weinstein
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Howard Weinstein »

Since it's easier to swap out a liner than replace a sweatband, seems more likely to be a Christy's hat with an AdVintage liner than the other way around. :-k

Either way, if you got a nice hat at a nice price, that's a good day's work, right?
Illinois_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Illinois_Jones »

Thomas used to offer lower end hats that were a Christy's that he would change the ribbon and swap out the liner and bash to as close as you could get with a Christy's. I don't think he would reblock them as that's a lot of work and would make them quite a bit more expensive than the roughly $100 they sold for. So yeah it's basically a hybrid Christy's-Advintage from maybe 5 years ago.
Heyjude7
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Heyjude7 »

Illinois_Jones wrote:Thomas used to offer lower end hats that were a Christy's that he would change the ribbon and swap out the liner and bash to as close as you could get with a Christy's. I don't think he would reblock them as that's a lot of work and would make them quite a bit more expensive than the roughly $100 they sold for. So yeah it's basically a hybrid Christy's-Advintage from maybe 5 years ago.
Awesome sauce! That's great to hear. its a beautiful fed from the pics and soon it will be at my door!
Heyjude7
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Heyjude7 »

How do these fedoras hold up?