Cargo pants with the same rear pocket flaps

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

SkauneJohan
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Cargo pants with the same rear pocket flaps

Post by SkauneJohan »

I am looking for cargo pants with the same nice rear pocket "flaps" that pinks and indy trousers have. If the colour is similar that would also be a great plus, been looking at 5.11, miltech and similar workwear brands but no luck there so far

Cheers/Johan
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cargo pants with the same rear pocket flaps

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Of any cargo/tactical pants I've seen the back pocket has two buttons. Given that, the pocket flaps are more square than the pointed/scalloped Indy flaps with one button.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Howard Weinstein
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Howard Weinstein »

SkauneJohan wrote:I am looking for cargo pants with the same nice rear pocket "flaps" that pinks and indy trousers have. If the colour is similar that would also be a great plus, been looking at 5.11, miltech and similar workwear brands but no luck there so far

Cheers/Johan
Oooooh! I know the answer to this one -- LL Bean Tropic-weight Cargo Pants, $49.99 (and Bean often has sales) here: https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/92519?p ... p=f&pos=11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In fact, when I first bought them last year, the first thing I thought when I saw the pocket flaps was, "Indy might wear these if he was working today." :-k

I have 3 pairs (shorts, too, although those don't have the back-pocket flaps). They're light, loose and comfortable, and the Khaki color is reasonably Indy-ish, and looks good with an Indy shirt or any other safari-type shirt, long or short-sleeved.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Well I wear cargo pants 90% of the time, along with a Indy shirt, jacket and fedora. And I try to get colors close, but not to close. Someone see the coralation and as much as I care less what others think, I do try to be low key.
But sometime there’s a brown charge along with the like stone shirt, just looks good.

If only the work place wouldn’t frown so much when I wear my whip. I wish.

But wear the combo in good health and if you do find a pair, give us the link. I’ve never seen em, and I search for any kind of multi pocket cargo I can, the more pockets the better.

Croft :mrgreen:
SkauneJohan
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by SkauneJohan »

Seems like no cargo pants has a nice triangular rear pocket flap with button... :-k

The closest I have found yet are 5.11 fast-tac cargo pant Style # 74439
Howard Weinstein
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Howard Weinstein »

SkauneJohan wrote:Seems like no cargo pants has a nice triangular rear pocket flap with button... :-k

The closest I have found yet are 5.11 fast-tac cargo pant Style # 74439
Yes, if you want that particular shape, it's true that the LL Bean cargo pocket flaps are not an exact match for those on Indy pants.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Here's a quick pick, this is what I wore to work today, of course they won't let me wear the hat inside, besides not being hat etiquette.

Azuma Indy shirt
ABL SOC
German army BW Cargo Pants, Flecktarn
Desert tan US of A army boots.

Croft :mrgreen: