2 ORIGINAL Raiders Shirts - 2 Different Colours?!

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Frederick
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

2 ORIGINAL Raiders Shirts - 2 Different Colours?!

Post by Frederick »

Found these 2 webpage online - both showcasing an original raiders shirt from Western Costumes however each a different colours (even with flash compensation).

https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/ ... 6b642ecb72" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and...

http://www.thepropgallery.com/raiders-o ... ford-shirt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The former being more likely to what I think we see on screen.
Cajunkraut

Re: 2 ORIGINAL Raiders Shirts - 2 Different Colours?!

Post by Cajunkraut »

Good stuff. Those pics never get old.

I can't remember where I last saw the behind-the-scenes photo, but I know screen-used shirts even in the same set wardrobe have been shown to have color variances. Intentional? Who knows.
Frederick
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Frederick »

Cajunkraut wrote:Good stuff. Those pics never get old.

I can't remember where I last saw the behind-the-scenes photo, but I know screen-used shirts even in the same set wardrobe have been shown to have color variances. Intentional? Who knows.
Who knows but I can't find a vendor that offers anything close to the first shirt showcased (the lighter version) which to my eye from the screen caps looks the closest.
Mark Raats
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Raats »

The shirts for all of the Indy movies are different colours and the Raiders shirts are no different.

Unfortunately I don't have the comparison pics of the Raiders shirts - I took the last time I was in the Archive building - to hand at the moment but FYI, here is a picture of the two of the shirts from TOD and you will see that the colors are totally different even though they came from the same movie.

Regards,
Frederick
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Frederick »

KramStaar wrote:The shirts for all of the Indy movies are different colours and the Raiders shirts are no different.

Unfortunately I don't have the comparison pics of the Raiders shirts - I took the last time I was in the Archive building - to hand at the moment but FYI, here is a picture of the two of the shirts from TOD and you will see that the colors are totally different even though they came from the same movie.

Regards,

Thanks Kramstaar. I would LOVE to see the comparison pics of the raiders shirts. Do you have them on hand? You did mention in a previous post you felt Todd made the most accurate shirt but alas they’ve halted their production. :-k
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Based on what I've read over the years, the color of the shirt shown at the Prop Gallery is what the shirt looked like in real life. Most of us think of the SOC scenes when picking a shirt color which due to the outdoor, sunny locations and subsequent color changes in film processing, makes the shirt look much lighter.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Frederick
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Frederick »

Indiana Jeff wrote:Based on what I've read over the years, the color of the shirt shown at the Prop Gallery is what the shirt looked like in real life. Most of us think of the SOC scenes when picking a shirt color which due to the outdoor, sunny locations and subsequent color changes in film processing, makes the shirt look much lighter.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Thanks for your input Indiana - in that regard if that be the case I still haven't seen an accurate replication - are there any vendors out there that have one on offer?
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

IMO. Azuma makes insanely accurate shirts.
distantpeople
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by distantpeople »

From his most recent runs. *Note that the Raiders shirt pictured has a slight manufacturing defect. The cloth strips are slightly too wide. It was sold as a factory second (still love mine nonetheless).

Raiders

Last Crusade
Frederick
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Frederick »

distantpeople wrote:From his most recent runs. *Note that the Raiders shirt pictured has a slight manufacturing defect. The cloth strips are slightly too wide. It was sold as a factory second (still love mine nonetheless).

Raiders

Last Crusade
Thanks DS - are both shirts made by Azuma? - looks the LC shirt has a western costumes label? Yeah I did contact Azuma, he'll be making the Raiders again early next year!?
distantpeople
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by distantpeople »

Yes both are Azuma. He has perfectly replicated the Western label but as Eastern Costumes.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

The Azuma's have looked the best from what I've seen. If you want the really light color, Magnoli's "stone" is very good. However, once all the gear is on, and you get out in the sun, the lighter shirts end up looking almost white. The other down side to Magnoli's - dare I say it - the quality is so high, it's nearly impossible to get it looking that beat and wrinkled! :rolling:
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

In a nutshell, this means that practically every shade of beige is screen accurate! :D
Frederick
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Frederick »

Chewbacca Jones wrote:The Azuma's have looked the best from what I've seen. If you want the really light color, Magnoli's "stone" is very good. However, once all the gear is on, and you get out in the sun, the lighter shirts end up looking almost white. The other down side to Magnoli's - dare I say it - the quality is so high, it's nearly impossible to get it looking that beat and wrinkled! :rolling:
Yeah I’ve got a magnoli raiders in stone colour but I find it more on the pink side of the spectrum than tan/beige. I’ve done a rit color remover on it and it now it looks tea stained lol. I will have another go to see if I can colourise it again while I wait for Azuma’s offering.
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

I'm a big fan of WPG's shirts.

I don't know how "accurate" they are, but the quality and fit are good IMO, and the stone or putty color adjusts well to lighting variances. The last run I purchased from had buttons matching the cloth color like in Raiders screencaps. Some feel that the fabric is inaccurately heavy, but it wrinkles and puckers after a wash to match the screen-used shirts.

Sizing relies on your measurements in conjunction with their sizing chart. I wear a 41R/42R coat, and the Medium is a perfect fit.

http://onlinemilitaria.net/products/184 ... nes-SHIRT/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:TOH:
Frederick
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Frederick »

Cajunkraut wrote:I'm a big fan of WPG's shirts.

I don't know how "accurate" they are, but the quality and fit are good IMO, and the stone or putty color adjusts well to lighting variances. The last run I purchased from had buttons matching the cloth color like in Raiders screencaps. Some feel that the fabric is inaccurately heavy, but it wrinkles and puckers after a wash to match the screen-used shirts.

Sizing relies on your measurements in conjunction with their sizing chart. I wear a 41R/42R coat, and the Medium is a perfect fit.

http://onlinemilitaria.net/products/184 ... nes-SHIRT/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:TOH:
Yeah their colouring is better than some vendors however I bought a small and the shoulders were way oversized even though the sleeves were fine. I've seen similar results on other fans. The shoulder seam was riding down my arm (I have 18" shoulders) - it looked like I was wearing my dad's shirt. I guess they don't offer more tailored options. But I did like the colour.