Raiders or LC for big people.

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Parttimeteacher
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Parttimeteacher »

I'm considering either a Raiders jacket or LC jacket and I have a question. Which cut is better for big people?

I'm 6'4" with 6'7-8" wingspan. I also have a long torso. I have a problem finding shirts/jackets that are big enough in the shoulders, long enough in the arms, and long enough in the torso. I know that customizing is probably the only way to find the right size in either cut but I also hear about the different cuts lending themselves better to different body types.
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Raiders or LC for big people.

Post by Mulceber »

LC definitely. The Raiders is cut like a mid-20th century jacekt, and so is pretty fitted. The LC is much roomier: more room in the shoulders and longer too.
Tinplatejeff
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Tinplatejeff »

I recommend you contact Steele & Jones for a jacket. They customize everything to fit you exactly based on your measurements.
Dr. Nebraska S.

Post by Dr. Nebraska S. »

As a big person myself (not as tall), I also recommend the LC cut. Another custom tailored option for the LC that is less expensive is the Magnoli White Label (I ordered and purchased the prototype “Version C” which is the LC style: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68001). The pocket snaps issue is now resolved (see the later photos in the thread).

Best wishes,
Dr. Nebraska S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

LC, all the way. Unless you go custom and specify length. Although, fair warning - Wested seems to be unable to deliver the extra length, regardless of their claims.
Blackadder
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Blackadder »

LC Hero , get a 28.5 back length , I am 6'3 and that the length I went with.
Kladdagh
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Kladdagh »

Another advice about the Last Crusade Jacket ... it is roomier than others ...
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

I guess I am the odd man out. I am 6 feet 4 inches with a 38 inch waist. I fit very well into a 48L or 50 Raiders jacket. Depending on who you get the jacket from, there are slight differences for me in back length. Dress shirts, I wear a 36-37 sleeve as a reference.

If you are packing a really big gut, I am not sure on the LC ones as I never had one that fit me right but these were Wested. The "flying squirrel" really bugged me.
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

For the large guy I would have thought a US Wings signature would fit best. A large pattern and cut roomy and kind of like an LC.
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

CM wrote:For the large guy I would have thought a US Wings signature would fit best. A large pattern and cut roomy and kind of like an LC.

Good advice. The Signature line is very generous in sizing. I still have one from a few years back in a XL I got on EBAY and it fits well. The first one I bought new was a 2XL (my normal size) and it was like wearing a poncho.....