Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Received My Magnoli White Label Raiders

Post by Glenville86 »

Received the jacket today.

Bottom line is it is way too small. I took the measurements off a looser fitting Wested Raiders jacket for this order.

I normally wear a 48 but usually get a 50 for a looser fit. This jacket is tight all over. Length in body and sleeves are fine. If I was a really skinny guy with no muscle mass, it might fit. Tag on jacket shows XL.

I guess whoever made it in Pakistan did not get it right. That is the origin of the jacket.

It was made by:

Not sure of the origin of all the makers jackets sold. This is my first one. Maybe the White Label ones are made in Pakistan?

The leather is nice.

Will drop it in the charity bin down the street. Maybe some kid can wear it.....lol
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Received My Magnoli White Label Raiders

Post by Mulceber »

I understand the frustration, but before you do anything rash, why don’t you give Magnoli the chance to make it right? This sounds like a mixup, as his products are usually great.
Last edited by Mulceber on Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

That or offer it for sale here if nothing gets sorted out.

LOTS of folks are looking for their first Indy jacket, and Indy's have always been first rate. Sorry to hear you had problems.

Regards! Michaelson
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

It is not that big of an issue for me as I already have way too many Indy jackets from the various makers. Just wanted to check out one of these. Last time I gave a jacket to a forum member, it went on EBay.......lol It was a very expensive one as well. So much for passing it on.....lol

Had I known they were made in Pakistan, I would not have ordered one.
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

Mulceber wrote:I understand the frustration, but before you do anything rash, why don’t you give Magnoli the chance to make it right? This sounds like a mixup, as his products are usually great.
I agree that would be the normal course of action but I don't want to mess with it given the price.

Also have no hard feelings about the jacket.

To be clear I never contacted the M&V about the issue, so it was my choice not to go that route and is no reflection on his customer service by any means.
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

Glenville86 wrote:It is not that big of an issue for me as I already have way too many Indy jackets from the various makers. Just wanted to check out one of these. Last time I gave a jacket to a forum member, it went on EBay.......lol It was a very expensive one as well. So much for passing it on.....lol

Had I known they were made in Pakistan, I would not have ordered one.
Why? I don’t understand why someone would care whether it’s made in Pakistan or New Zealand unless you’re from one of those two countries.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Glenville86 wrote: Last time I gave a jacket to a forum member, it went on EBay.......lol It was a very expensive one as well. So much for passing it on.....lol
Been there, done THAT! :roll:

That's why I suggested trying to sell it. That way they can do anything they want to with it after you get your funds.

Regards! M
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

All is good. After lunch, went back to work and gave it to a co-worker. He wears a large and it was a good fit.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

:M: :tup:
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Nice. I wear my Steele and jones in cow that I was gifted by Tibor all the time. I had to have my wife adjust the length of sleeves but that’s it.

My point is there is nothing like a gifted jacket.
Last edited by Jeremiah on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Raats
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Raats »

I'm also not sure why Pakistan is an issue.

I have number of Magnoli jackets and they are the best I have ever owned and each of them has made in his off-shore factories. Also, whenever I've worn one of his jackets to Lucasfilm or Skywalker Ranch, the comments have been incredible so, IMO Mag's jackets hit the nail even with the guys that count.

I presume you have spoken to him about this? These are not cheap as you say but Magnoli is especially good and quick about rectifying issues..

I hope you find a clear way forward on this.
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

I never said the jacket was cheap. Just said it did not fit. It was a well made jacket. I also said I chose not to bother with a return or whatever with the M&V. I am sure if I went that that route, it would have been fixed. Don't want to see a fan boy rally for the M&V either as I am not saying anything negative about him or his products other than I was surprised at the origin of the jacket and it did not fit.
Mark Raats
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Raats »

Glenville86 wrote:I never said the jacket was cheap. Just said it did not fit. It was a well made jacket. I also said I chose not to bother with a return or whatever with the M&V. I am sure if I went that that route, it would have been fixed. Don't want to see a fan boy rally for the M&V either as I am not saying anything negative about him or his products other than I was surprised at the origin of the jacket and it did not fit.
I didn't say you did, I said "they are NOT cheap" thereby implying that you were in your rights to ask for it to be rectified.

Its of course your choice and I respect that..
Striker
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Striker »

I'm also expecting my Magnoli Raiders WL jacket next week.
Since those jackets are completely custom made based on various measures, did you give them incorrect measures or do the measures deviate from the ones you gave them? In the latter case it should not be a problem to return it and ask for a correct one.

Cheers
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

Measurements were taken from a Wested Raiders jacket I own using the measurement guides.

Jacket has been gifted to a co-worker already so it is not an issue of trying to get another jacket.

The jacket was nice but too small.
Striker
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Striker »

My jacket arrived today and unfortunately I have to report that the same thing happened. In my case I can say that they did not adhere to the measures I've given them so I try to get it exchanged.

Apart from that the leather and the cut is nothing less but stunning. It has a fantastic structure which is quite similar to the Merino leather and the distressing is just spot on.

I hope they get the measure right because otherwise it's just a perfect Raiders jacket (in my eyes).

Cheers
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Glenville86 »

Sorry to hear about your jacket. I know he will make it right for you. Agree with you on the leather - it was really nice.
Photoss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Photoss »

I received a star wars Magnoli jacket this evening (two days from Pakistan to San Diego!) and the measurements are correct. Might be a bit short in the chest, but everything else seemed fine. Hope everything works out okay for everyone!