Webley Holster - Mark I

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Webley Holster - Mark I

Post by bearbeast »

I decided to try and make my own Webley holster so I made a first, simplified, trial. This version has a simple belt loop, a snap instead of the classic brass button and I used brown, thinner thread, instead of what I'll use for the final piece. To save materials I also did not paint it.

To get the pattern right it was a bit of trial an error, but using paper for the mock up it was quick work.

Below you can see an album of the finished holster and at the end a couple of pictures I took during the construction. I am really happy with how it turned out, except one thing: I made it left handed by mistake. I put the pattern the other way around on the leather when marking it to be cut...

Anyway, here's the album.

:TOH:

Cheers,
Bear Beast
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Re: Webley Holster - Mark I

Post by Jeremiah »

Nice job. You meant dye rather than “paint” right? You could paint leather but it’s better to use dye. Ha.
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Thanks, hahaha, I definitely did mean dye, not paint. I have a small contaier from Fiebings and I wanted to keep it for the important stuff. It is pretty expensive with shipping and all.

Cheers,
Bear
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Small update. I decided to try my hand at burnishing the edges, for a less rough look. It was a bit hard with the holster already sewn. For the next one I will do it before the sewing.

Pics can be seen here.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Well done. :clap: You aren't the first member to make their holster left handed by using the pattern backwards. #-o

Your stitching looks very tight and even which, to me, is the hardest thing to do and gives any piece of leather work a professional look.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
bearbeast
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by bearbeast »

Thank you, Indiana Jeff. :oops:

I will really need to take a bit more care next time, to mark and cut it correctly. :lol:

Regarding the stitching, I have a lot of experience from other projects and a few helping tools (groover, spacer, awl). :-$

Cheers,
Bear