BluRay Behind the Scenes Jacket Close-Up

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

BluRay Behind the Scenes Jacket Close-Up

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

Don't think anyone ever posted these images, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I have no idea how to do a screen cap from a BluRay, so I just snapped these from my TV screen. Not particularly elegant, but it got the job done. Anyway, there's a deleted scene where Indy rescues Satipo from a pit, and he reaches down to get him. It shows a very clear shot of the straps and buckle hardware that leaves very little doubt as to what that hardware should look like, or how long the straps should be. Take a look.

These first two shots just show the jacket looking good:

And here are two shots of the jacket strap:

Holt
Craftsman

Re: BluRay Behind the Scenes Jacket Close-Up

Post by Holt »

Fantastic. Thanks for those. It's funny how much it looks like he is wearing a jacket from Todds earlier run and prooves how close Todd was able to get with his former creation. It's too bad he stopped making them. I am glad I have one.
DeWayne
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by DeWayne »

Holt wrote:Fantastic. Thanks for those. It's funny how much it looks like he is wearing a jacket from Todds earlier run and prooves how close Todd was able to get with his former creation. It's too bad he stopped making them. I am glad I have one.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm glad I stocked up on those earlier jackets when people were selling them off used and cheap. I'm not even sure how many I have. I doubt I'll need another "Raiders" jacket.
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Actually, that looks like the Wested Hero in novapelle; very much like mine, minus the distressing which I haven't got around to yet. :TOH:
giantthugee86
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by giantthugee86 »

DeWayne wrote:
Holt wrote:Fantastic. Thanks for those. It's funny how much it looks like he is wearing a jacket from Todds earlier run and prooves how close Todd was able to get with his former creation. It's too bad he stopped making them. I am glad I have one.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm glad I stocked up on those earlier jackets when people were selling them off used and cheap. I'm not even sure how many I have. I doubt I'll need another "Raiders" jacket.
How does Todd's current stock compare? And would you be willing to sell one yours? Sounds like you have a lot of them. =P~
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Ok, I'm looking at this with one good eye, so correct me if I'm seeing this wrong, but in the first side strap shot, it pulls forward. In the last side strap shot, the strap pulls to the rear....so we're looking at two different jackets here. How interesting they were changed from one shot to the next.

I never DID understand why they switched back and forth between how the side straps were attached to the jackets in Raiders, and literally from shot to shot. :-k

Regards! Michaelson
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Glad I have my Bill Kelso! Spot on!

Kyle
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

giantthugee86 wrote: How does Todd's current stock compare? And would you be willing to sell one yours? Sounds like you have a lot of them. =P~
I'd get a BK instead. Way better quality and more SA.

Kyle
giantthugee86
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by giantthugee86 »

knibs7 wrote:
giantthugee86 wrote: How does Todd's current stock compare? And would you be willing to sell one yours? Sounds like you have a lot of them. =P~
I'd get a BK instead. Way better quality and more SA.

Kyle
Way outside my budget unfortunately.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Michaelson wrote:Ok, I'm looking at this with one good eye, so correct me if I'm seeing this wrong, but in the first side strap shot, it pulls forward. In the last side strap shot, the strap pulls to the rear....so we're looking at two different jackets here. How interesting they were changed from one shot to the next.

I never DID understand why they switched back and forth between how the side straps were attached to the jackets in Raiders, and literally from shot to shot. :-k

Regards! Michaelson
Looks like in both shots it pulls to the back. In the first shot it's at the top left curling to the left of the shot. Least that's how I see it.
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

Yeah, I'm with KT on this one. They both look like they're pulled back.
Forrest For the Trees
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Forrest For the Trees »

Yup, sorry Michaelson, that's from one continuous shot. Same jacket. The strap is curled forward the whole time, it's just the angle you're seeing it from.

I have an early Kelso, and the straps are too pointed and the buckle hardware is too wide. BK has since fixed this, as far as I can tell. Todd's was more accurate in that respect. So was the Nowak Raiders, for that matter, except those buckles were shiny silver colored. I like how smooth most of the leather looks in these shots, but you can see the rib marks on Indy's upper right, just like when Indy emerges from the Well of the Souls. Jacket looks fairly new here, whereas it looks like it has had the snot beaten out of it after the Well of the Souls scene.

Yeah, I agree Holt, does remind me of my early Todd's that I've since sold. That jacket definitely had the vibe, but wasn't altogether functional for me. Too thin, and the patch pocket construction left something to be desired.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Forrest For the Trees wrote:Yup, sorry Michaelson, that's from one continuous shot. Same jacket. The strap is curled forward the whole time, it's just the angle you're seeing it from.
I can see it now! Thanks! :TOH:

Still never made sense why the two versions of strap installation all these years, though. :|

Regards! M