Wade Egan company name change

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Wade Egan company name change

Post by Michaelson »

Just saw this announcement come through my FB news feed.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adventur ... ame_change" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regard! Michaelson
Cajunkraut

Re: Wade Egan company name change

Post by Cajunkraut »

:) :tup:
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

Yeah....Wade let me know that his plan is to first catch up on the orders he was so far unable to make before he had to stop working, then rebuild the company and start again.....I think the plan is to also work with Magnoli, but obviously, Magnoli would be the one to ask about that......

I was very glad to chat with Wade yesterday....Good to touch base with a man I really like and had been a touch worried about......
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Fifth,

Any ETA from him on the relaunch?
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

I love Wade's work... it was sad about what happened hopefully he can make great headway on a come back.
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

Cajunkraut wrote:Fifth,

Any ETA from him on the relaunch?

No timeline yet, no...But he's back "in public" as it were, so I'd assume that he'll spend the next few months catching up on the orders he'd missed and handling Magnoli's stuff and then start accepting new orders?
I don't know for sure though....I'm just hoping he manages to balance the work with the rest days a little now....Both he and Steve have the same work ethic, and that doesn't mean their health benefits from it......

I suspect when he's ready to push off again, the Facebook page will announce it..
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Good news for sure.
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

I've been talking to Wade over the last week and he is indeed starting up again. He wants to focus on building up a stock of items instead of made-to-order, so he can stay on top of things. We're still working out some details, but his Indy Gear will likely be exclusive to Magnoli Clothiers to keep things simple for him and allow him to focus on production instead of processing/administration/etc.

Kind regards,
Magnoli
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

This is awesome news......i have an old custom order with him for a Han Solo type gunbelt with a few modifications and contacted him occasionally. I didnt ask for my money back or anything just wanted to know the progress as i knew it would take some time and he always assurred me that one day he would get to it...i own several of his items and they were quality work and now teaming with mognoli, another top quality supplier, it can only go up from here! \:D/
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

I wonder if he plans to make good on the no-slip whip holder and strap I paid $85 to Wade Egan for when he took my money and didn't respond to a years worth of emails back in Oct 2012? :tdown:
I will never trust him again. Buyer Beware.
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

He told me that he is currently working on all his old orders, either completing them or refunding them as he is able. Unfortunately, he doesn't have access to his old database at the moment, but he plans on being able to have all these old orders sorted out over the next couple of months.
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

"Buyer beware" is always applicable, to any seller....

I've never had issue with Wade...Sometimes he takes a while longer than initially said, but that's entirely natural....

Recently, he went through #### physically, and he's back and has said he'll try and get the old gear out to those who paid....I respect that enough to be more than happy with trusting him again with an order, and I suspect most of us who know him? Would say the same......He's a good guy, and he got into bad trouble....But he's back now, and trying to make it right....

If you'd cut Steve a break for cancer, I see no reason to think any less of Wade for taking the break he took.....

I'm just glad he's back....I was worried about how he was...This is the best news I've had in a while...
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

I agree sometimes life just happens to a good guy. If he's trying to rebuild what was lost, even a reputation with some, you've got to give him credit for that. Sometimes I think some people would be happier with a debtors prison then allowing someone beaten down to try and fix things.
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

lantzn wrote:I agree sometimes life just happens to a good guy. If he's trying to rebuild what was lost, even a reputation with some, you've got to give him credit for that. Sometimes I think some people would be happier with a debtors prison then allowing someone beaten down to try and fix things.
Alright, I usually wouldn't even bother responding to this type comment...but I will not be accused of being hurtful or unforgiving. If Egan want's to rebuild his reputation, as you say, more power to him. (If he had treated people with the same respect that he would expect from others he wouldn't have lost that reputation in the first place) It does not give him or anyone the right to take someones money for services and then vanish. That's just poor character and shoddy business at best.

FACT: I had no problem getting price quotes, but after I paid he stopped being available in any form. If there were a probloem, it makes sense to contact your client or at least respond to one of many many emails and explain. You don't just take the money and run.

I am more overly generous and forgiving than overly critical and none of you have ever seen a negative or angry post from me in all these years. I am not angry now. What goes around comes around and if he was "beaten down" by life, it may well be of his own making.

Now I suggest you take that for what it's worth and return this thread to the original topic of how much you like his hew web imaging.
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

It sounds like Wade may not be able to get back the data of his old orders, so if you have a pending order with him, please e-mail him directly and he'll take care of you.

Kind regards,
Indy
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Posted today on the Adventure Leather Co. Facebook page:

I'm pleased to announce that I will be reopening my leather shop in mid to late May under the name 'Adventure Leather Co.' It's been a long and very rough road physically but I'm still here and ready to get back to work finally. As those who have dealt with me in the past know, I very much care about my customers and the work that I do to provide excellence in leather craft. It was never my intention to drop out or lose communication, that's just how things happened and it's taken this long to get back to normal (sort of). I apologize to anyone who had orders on the books when I lost the business and it will be my highest priority to either fill the orders or refund each customer turn. Most of the projects I was working on are still in hiatus in their varying state of completion and some are ready to go. My shop has been in storage for the past couple years and everything will be taken out and gone through before the reopening date in May.

In the future I plan to run things a little differently to maximize my time on the bench and minimize time spent on the computer. I have been apprenticing with a master leather worker and am pleased to say that my work and products have taken a huge leap forward in terms of technique and tools resulting in a much higher quality product.

For the Indiana Jones line of gear all customers will go through MagnoliClothiers.com. All other gear inquiries can be sent directly to me via the provided email.

In the coming months I will republish my website. I will accept custom orders on a case by case basis only. The gear sold on the site will be gear that has already been produced and is in stock. Modifications to existing products will be considered custom orders and will be subject to added charges and additional wait time. Because I am not physically able to maintain the type of work regime as I was before I will be selective in the projects I take on.

Anyone with outstanding orders or questions please email me directly at:

adventureleather@mac.com

I will not be spending my days on facebook or email so remain patient as I get to your emails in turn. A full product list and pricing information will be published on the website.

Thank you all for your support, kind words, and patience while I worked my way back into action.

Sincerely,

Wade Egan
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

Cajunkraut wrote:Posted today on the Adventure Leather Co. Facebook page:

Anyone with outstanding orders or questions please email me directly at:

adventureleather@mac.com

Sincerely,

Wade Egan
email sent. I look forward to your reply, Thanks for the update and best wishes.
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

Another heads-up:

Just talked to Wade and he's received very few e-mails about old pending orders. He has no way of knowing how many there were, but from memory he thought there were more than those who have contacted him already. So, if you're waiting for something, shoot him a message: adventureleather@mac.com

Kind regards,
Indy
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

Indy Magnoli wrote:Another heads-up:

Just talked to Wade and he's received very few e-mails about old pending orders. He has no way of knowing how many there were, but from memory he thought there were more than those who have contacted him already. So, if you're waiting for something, shoot him a message: adventureleather@mac.com

Kind regards,
Indy
Thanks, Indy. Done.
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

I want to post this thanks to Wade for making good on the old outstanding transaction just as promised. Much appreciated!
Wade Egan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Wade Egan »

Hey guys! Looks like a lot has been stirred up here! Well, I'm glad to say that I am pretty much back as of this month. It's been a rocky relaunch as all small businesses are, but I'm pleased to be getting to the outstanding orders and/or refunds which are all way overdue.

I really want to just put out a heartfelt thank you to you chaps who have stood by me these past few years. It's a difficult thing to lose everything and the added strain of physical health problems sometimes devastates. In the fall I'm quite sure I was unable to and did not handle everything properly and I TRULY APOLOGIZE for that!!! I do not want to be an excuses guy and will spare the details of the misery I've been through over the past few years only to say that I didn't think I would be here today to write this. All was indeed lost. But in the end the story that unfolded is as it should be and I am pleased to say that I am in a better place physically (lost 120 lbs.) and have a great new shop I'm working out of in CA.

As stated by several, my intention is indeed to make good on all back orders or issue refunds as requested. I think Magnoli posted that I lost my old files and do not have a list or contact emails for past customers? Several of you have emailed and sent the old order details and I have gotten on that and hopefully everyone is getting the outcome that they are happy with. I understand folks being upset with me and have nothing to say other than they are warranted in whatever their opinions of me are and I respect that. I can only hope that it is possible to build up a trust and eventually regain my good reputation with everyone as I move forward into the future.

As for the future, I can only say that the work has gotten better, the materials are higher quality, and the tools and shop are first rate allowing me to put out the best leatherwork of my life. I am proud of the progress and will work hard to maintain a good reputation and provide the absolutely best quality and coolest gear available anywhere in the world while improving upon the business foundation and practices I lacked in the past.

Again, please contact me directly at adventureleather@mac.com if you have an outstanding order. To make it easy and quick please include your old PayPal records if you have them. I can reference PayPal but was completely lost as most people use aliases for forums which differ from their real names and their PayPal and email aliases. So please include any screen names, email aliases, or just nicknames to help me with sorting things out along with the order details, sizing, etc.

For those of you who are still interested in receiving your gear, I can only say thank you for waiting and will honor that with going above and beyond the call with your quality and attention to detail.

I don't have internet consistently and lack the free time needed to maintain a constant watch on the forums and such, but I will do my level best to respond and stay current.

Sincerely,

Wade Egan
adventureleather@mac.com
831-293-3050
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Welcome home, Wade. :TOH:

Regard! Michaelson
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

With M's lead, I will jump in and simply state that it is truly wonderful that your life has had an upturn and please know that you are not alone. Keep on truckin' buddy and keep us updated on everything you are up to! Take all good care Wade....I think and pray for you every day ;) ! W>
Wade Egan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Wade Egan »

I'm touched and blessed. Thank you fellas!

W
IndyRiv
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyRiv »

Glad to hear you're doing much better Wade! It hurt me greatly to think your talents would not be humbly offered again. Your not a leathersmith, you're an artist and toblose any of our great vendors is a sad situation. Thanks for continuing on! I know i greatly appreciate you!! :TOH:
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

Welcome back!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Good to see you beat the health problems! Without that life is not a fun place.
Welcome back.
Wade Egan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Wade Egan »

Is there anyone here on the COW left who I have not refunded or completed your order? Please let me know. The time for me to make this up is now.

Thank you!

W.E.

PS. I'll be at Wizard World Con in San Jose all day tomorrow with FREE gifts for any Indy fan who takes a photo with me!
windycityindy
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by windycityindy »

I'm glad to see Wade has a Facebook page now. I've been trying to get in touch with him for sometime!
Wade Egan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Wade Egan »

lantzn wrote:Good to see you beat the health problems! Without that life is not a fun place.
Welcome back.
Still working on that Lantzn! But doing better all the time. Diabetes and permanent injury has slowed me down mostly due to lack of steady work. In the current climate it is really difficult to not only back get on your feet but it's a challenge to fund a small business with no money or income. Slow going, but steady. I know what I did wrong before and I'm correcting that this time around.

Anyone wanting to contact me from COW may do so directly.

adventureleatherco@gmail.com

W
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Wade is no longer in the leather business according to an email I received from him today. Just FYI.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Hmm, I've been working with Wade on a back order from a couple of years ago. I just heard from him this week and he said he had the leather, but hasn't had time to get to the studio. :-s :-k

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Indiana Jeff wrote:Hmm, I've been working with Wade on a back order from a couple of years ago. I just heard from him this week and he said he had the leather, but hasn't had time to get to the studio. :-s :-k

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
He's probably working on back orders only then, no new business.
Wade Egan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Wade Egan »

I can finally post a bit of news. Yes, I am having and have been having trouble finding a place to do my work. I'm still living out of my car and haven't been able to keep steady work due to my disabilities. I rented a studio space a few months ago which I was hoping to turn in to a workshop. However, the lovely folks below complained about my 'hammering' and I was told I cannot manufacture during business hours. That and the fact the space is about 40 minutes away from where I stay and my truck gets 10 miles to the gallon I don't get over there very much. I can't afford to move around a lot unfortunately.

Jeff, yes I have been 'gifted' some leather which I think will work for your roll. I'm working on it slowly.

Yes, I have been working on back orders almost exclusively but having no money or job makes it difficult to buy material.

NEWS:

I have been approached by a local investor/businessman who wants to open a leather manufacturing company. The focus will be on producing high end leather products for other designers as well as in house design and manufacture of custom goods for the music industry (guitar straps, gig bags, etc.). He knows I am a musician and leather worker so he's asked me to be his production manager. At present we are in the beginning stages of setting up a corporation and looking for a space to work from. Once we do that I intend to move my shop into the larger shop and work from there. The really good news is that they intend to use Adventure Leather Co. as a test brand for entering the cosplay market on a larger scale. Meaning, he's going to let me do some larger run stuff and work toward production products. So...... this would give me a full time job, somewhere to sleep, and investment capital for new and existing product production and marketing.

In the meantime, I have been working on a new site for Adventureleather.com. There will be a cosplay section in the future. The site is basically just for looks right now or 'BETA' I guess. Check it out if you like.

I will make a public announcement on all forums once we are fully operational. Sometime in the next couple of months. In the meantime I slowly working through the back orders. I believe I have three more people to get to: Jeff, Hector, and Del. If I have missed anyone please email me and we can get it worked out.

Thanks again and your patience and support are much appreciated.

Wade
Adventure Dog
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Adventure Dog »

This is great news Wade! The leather scene around here (at least in my mind) hasn't been the same since your absence, and I'm excited that you have an investor, but more importantly, food and work.

Who knew 10 years ago that "Cosplay" and costuming could be such a big business? Good luck to you, your company, and your work! Feel like you're "back in the game", or is that too be seen in the coming weeks?
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

Wade, so glad to hear this! You'll be back on your feet in no time! :mrgreen:
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Wade,

Thanks for the update. Hope things continue to improve for you.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Very GOOD news for Wade :) :tup:
And I can't think of anyone who deserves a little of that more
Wade Egan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Wade Egan »

Thanks dudes! Yes it is exciting! Slow going. We are still negotiating for the location etc. But it's happening in the next couple months. I will officially announce when we are all set up.

In the meantime I am 'back in action' so to speak and ready to rock.

W.
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

Wade, had a look at your website and there really is some beautiful work there, my friend. I've encouraged Chewie to take a look, too!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Wade Egan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Wade Egan »

Well, it's not looking good for the future of small business here in the US, especially for me. I was hoping to get another leather business off the ground but I needed help and am not getting that help. I am forced to put aside the leather business again because I simply cannot fund a small business working part time for $12 an hour. I had a potential partner and new location but they both fell through. I simply lack the energy and drive nowadays to do the insane amount of free labor it takes to make a small craft business work.

Thanks for all the support over the years. Good luck and happy adventuring!

Wade Egan