Show us your Expeditions! / Any Distressed Expeditions?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Re: Show us your Expeditions! / Any Distressed Expeditions?

Post by Michaelson »

Why? There's nothing questionable in your information. :| The original Expo's were custom order, or' Made to Measure', and though they had OTR offerings, most folks had them made to their individual tastes. That's what it sounds to me like you originally had. Not a thing wrong with it. Your information is more than valid.

Regards! M
Mountaineer
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mountaineer »

Sure. Already edited though.

I wasn't in the hobby when they started making these. I know who I bought it from, Gorak. Based on digging here, and checking with Gorak, I have an idea which member he purchased it from, Bogie1943. Other than that, I only have the information G&B told me.

My contact there was Andrew, and he was easily accessible via email or phone. When they went to reline the jacket they went to use a standard 40 liner and it wouldn't fit. They then noticed their 'Made To Measure' tag next to the '40' tag on the original liner and had to use it as a template for the new liner. Discussing this delay with me is when Andrew relayed what the repair guys told him about the jacket's potential age.

That's all I know about this jacket and its past.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Mountaineer wrote:They then noticed their 'Made To Measure' tag next to the '40' tag on the original liner and had to use it as a template for the new liner.
Well there you go. These were always 'one off' when Made to Measure.

I worked with Dave Marshall back at the beginning when the Expo was originally created.

The original was based on an original screen used Raiders jacket, but it was always just a base for folks to build their own jacket on when they decided to go with a Made to Measure product. Once you left the original specs, as the song went, 'anything goes'. ;)

Regards! M
Mountaineer
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Mountaineer »

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Makes a bit more sense to me now.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

:M: :tup: