Indy fedora same stigma?

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

CouldnaeDecide
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Indy fedora same stigma?

Post by CouldnaeDecide »

Does the indy fedora have the same stigma that "fedoras of okc" has perpetuated?

I wasn't aware of this unholy hatred of men who wear fedoras...until today.

I know this is an odd first post but I thought I'd ask what do you daily wearers wear with your Indy Headwear?

:TOH:
Glenville86
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Indy fedora same stigma?

Post by Glenville86 »

I am 52 now and stationed in Germany. Being older, people don't really care too much what you wear.

I was not aware of the fedora hatred until a few months ago when I read about it on the web. It seems more directed to some sort of neck beard guys and a few guys women perceive as being very sexist.

Anyway, I pretty much wear what I want with the Indy hats. I do have a few Indy inspired jackets and sometimes skip the Indy fedora and substitute a different style fedora or Akubra when wearing the jacket. It is not that I care that much but don't want to look like a movie character want-to-be. I wear the real Indy hats with other style coats if colder and the hats without a coat when warmer. Every now and then I wear the Indy jacket and Indy Fedora at the same time. 8)

Bottom line is just be yourself and wear what you want.
shade88
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by shade88 »

I wear what I want, when I want. These strange people on the internet cannot dictate my clothing choices, nor should they be able to perceive what the attributes of my character are based on my hat, jacket, etc. Such stereotypes are both childish and ignorant. In my opinion, these people really need a life.
jlee562
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by jlee562 »

Look, if you're gonna wear a hat in public, you're gonna have to accept that you're going to stick out to a certain extent. Frankly, the people who give fedoras a bad name are a) goofs who are incidentally wearing hats and/or b) have no proper fashion sense. I'm not one to claim that a fedora 'needs' a collared shirt or anything of the like, but there is a certain sartorial sense of finding cuts and colors that compliment an individual that seem to elude some.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

For every article/webpage out there hating on fedoras is another saying how quality hat wearing is on the rise.

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62312" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wear what you want. It's confidence that makes the outfit work.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Ridgerunner58
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Between the Edge of Nowhere and the Edge of Somewhere.

Post by Ridgerunner58 »

CouldnaeDecide wrote:I know this is an odd first post but I thought I'd ask what do you daily wearers wear with your Indy Headwear?
Pretty much whatever I feel like. Anything from jeans or shorts and a t-shirt to a suit and tie.

30 years ago I might even have gotten away without the t-shirt. 8)
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Since I wear my hat to play, work and live in, I do not have the time to think much of it. I grab and go. Has worked fine this far.
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

Are you sure it's not just a hatred of hipsters and their stingy brim fedoras?

Cuz in the first place, the Indy style fedora and it's kin are very different than a stingy brim which is all I see around in this day and age. A good classic fedora is a rare sight in my parts (unless you hang out with me ;) )

I have never received any hatred or anything. The most I've ever gotten was "nice cowboy hat"

Other than that, I've only ever received compliments.
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

some people grow up from a young age dressing different..they grow into their adulthood doing it with no problems..Im not one..I never wore a hat outside of a ball cap once in a while and backwards at that..When I wear my fedora i do still feel awkward..I do get the cowboy hat comments sometimes..and yes that makes me want to scream and throat punch people. IT DOES NOT LOOK ANYTHING LIKE A COWBOY HAT!!!..

having said all this..just do your thing..

MOD EDIT: Let's watch the political rhetoric please.
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

Whenever I wore this...
I got "cowboy"
Now that I wear this...
I get "Indy!"

:roll:

You can't win.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

...and if you wear one that isn't any color of brown at all, they don't say a word. :-k

Regard! Michaelson
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

I always get more "Indy" comments when I wear my Sahara color AB than when I wear brown. :lol:

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Really? Well, I must have crossed that magic 'line' a few years back, as I don't get ANY Indy related comments on any of the fedoras I wear, regardless of color. Guess they're so used to me wearing them. :lol:

I get MORE comments when I'm NOT wearing one anymore, and all of them 'WHERE'S YOUR HAT???!!!". :[

Regards! Michaelson
rogera
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by rogera »

Indiana Jeff wrote:I always get more "Indy" comments when I wear my Sahara color AB than when I wear brown. :lol:

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
I just don't think the general public perceives or remembers Indy's hat as being as dark as it really is.
Charybdis
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Charybdis »

I still feel a bit strange in the fedora but that's because I usually don't wear hats, but I absolutely love the look and classic nature of the fedora.

I have only gotten two remarks while wearing it: 1) I was a gangster! and 2) an old gent said that it was a "nice vintage" hat!!

I will wear what I want and that's that... ;)
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

They also don't perceive it being made of felt!! I had one of my good friends try and give me a leather hat. He told me it was the PERFECT Indiana Jones hat... :roll:

Facts are, WE are the only ones who notice and/or care about this stuff.
rogera
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by rogera »

Hollowpond wrote:They also don't perceive it being made of felt!! I had one of my good friends try and give me a leather hat. He told me it was the PERFECT Indiana Jones hat... :roll:

Facts are, WE are the only ones who notice and/or care about this stuff.
I've run into that as well. My wife's grandfather always wears a leather outback style hat and one of my co-workers made a "look at the guy in the Indy hat" comment. I quickly corrected him. :D
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

An old story, but a classic: People have no clue... my buddy and I were both dressed in three piece suits, one in brown, the other grey with matching colored fedoras, one of us wearing a bowtie. We get called the Blues Brothers. Another time in Paris, me and two friends all dressed in suits and fedoras, overcoats, etc... we get called the Three Musketeers. Ironically, we've dressed as both the Blues Brothers and the Musketeers at other times so maybe these schmucks were just psychic...
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

CouldnaeDecide wrote:Does the indy fedora have the same stigma that "fedoras of okc" has perpetuated?

I wasn't aware of this unholy hatred of men who wear fedoras...until today.

I know this is an odd first post but I thought I'd ask what do you daily wearers wear with your Indy Headwear?

Ok! Call me stupid, but I don't get this! What do you mean by: "fedoras of okc?" I really don't know what you are referring too. As to the other comments already posted in this thread -- I've heard quite a few from; cowboy to Dundee, Lone Ranger to Johnny Depp, etc. I just blow them all off, as the rare occasional; "Great looking hat." Or; "Nice Fedora'' outweigh all the negative stuff by leaps and bounds. Two things on this (except for the 'okc' question, which I don't grasp): 1) The mass public is ignorant regarding hats in general -- fedoras, triby's, outbacks, doesn't matter -- they just don't understand and/or no the difference, and, 2) People just love to talk -- have to say something, even if it is dumb, regardless of whether they like it or not -- they just find the need to talk (period). This is true about many other things then hats -- it is just human nature for people to feel the overwhelming desire to 'talk.' Nothing more -- nothing less ;) ! W>
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

http://boingboing.net/2012/10/02/why-th ... t-gee.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had to look it up too, as I had no clue there was even a 'front' against the wearing of fedoras for the reasons listed in the article....which only goes to prove what limited following it has, I guess. :lol:

Regards! M
rogera
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by rogera »

Michaelson wrote:http://boingboing.net/2012/10/02/why-th ... t-gee.html

I had to look it up too, as I had no clue there was even a 'front' against the wearing of fedoras for the reasons listed in the article....which only goes to prove what limited following it has, I guess. :lol:

Regards! M
That article and the person who wrote it and the people who follow it are of a completely different world than anything I am or ever will be familiar with, making them and their opinions completely irrelevant to my life. Any self respecting wearer of proper hats need not even bother reading anything from those circles. :-0
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Me I wear a Fedora every day, rain or shine, hot or cold, even when it's muggy.

I wear Fedora with an Indy jacket just about 95% of the time.
Cargo pants, Indy shirt, yup, I wear a Tod, WPG or NH all the time.
And my trusty army boots.
Heck when driving my Jeep all people will see is my lid, leather jacket and a stone colored Indy shirt. Most probably don't realize the combo. But if they do, oh well, no worries.

This is my favorite appearance, sometimes I have to wear non-cargo's but always my hat and jacket.
I call it the military look.
Wear what you like, don't let others define you, be your self.
Croft :mrgreen:
Jacques
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Jacques »

I don't wear mine everyday, but when I do, I get compliments from coworkers and the like. Then again, my workplace is right in the middle of hipster central (3-4 colleges/universities blocks away from me), and I work with a bunch of IT people that wear whatever they want. :) I've been breaking in my Todd's jacket lately too, so I do get the occasional Indy comment. ;)
trancoss
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by trancoss »

I don't usually wear hats when it is warm outside. In the fall, winter, spring I usually wear Irish tweed flat caps, which I really enjoy. I ordered my first fedora a couple of months ago and I know I will feel strange wearing it at first, especially since not too many people in New England use them. But I know that as soon as I have it and I start wearing it, if it feels comfortable (which I am sure it will) I will start wearing it very often. About the comments people may say, I guess they come with wearing that kind of hat, but they don't bother me.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

rogera wrote:

Regards! M
That article and the person who wrote it and the people who follow it are of a completely different world than anything I am or ever will be familiar with, making them and their opinions completely irrelevant to my life. Any self respecting wearer of proper hats need not even bother reading anything from those circles. :-0
:clap: :M: :tup:
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

youngjedi71 wrote:some people grow up from a young age dressing different..they grow into their adulthood doing it with no problems..Im not one..I never wore a hat outside of a ball cap once in a while and backwards at that..When I wear my fedora i do still feel awkward..I do get the cowboy hat comments sometimes..and yes that makes me want to scream and throat punch people. IT DOES NOT LOOK ANYTHING LIKE A COWBOY HAT!!!..

guess i need to read more..im not even sure what you are getting onto me about?

MOD NOTE: Your comments about the government and stated opinion about folk on welfare that were removed from your edited post and have no place on this site as stated in the posted rules.
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Regards! M
Thanks Mark, et. all! Wow! Good to know that I am in such a grouping of uniquely special individuals :roll: ! I knew I was 'a bit different,' but boy howdy, sure nice to know -- that I am truly different! My, my, my! Guess I should devote my time to more worthy pursuits, instead of sitting around barber shops and watching them give haircuts and the like. Perhaps :-k ...just maybe, I will watch grass grow for awhile...or

Ykes :shock: ! It is truly a wonderful and good thing that our Dear Lord made us all in different formats (if you will)! Thank God for free will and this country for freedom of speech! And, the right to wear fedoras when, where and how I like :rolling: ! Now...what was the fuss about :- ? W>
fifthchamber
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fifthchamber »

I work in a high school and wear a suit....Fedora seems entirely in place with that everyday in all honesty.....Except for the summer, I'm rarely without one on......

I never get the whole "fedora hatred" thing here though, so there's that too.....Japanese people (or those in Tokyo perhaps? Might be a city thing) tend to look up to decent fashion, and I've never had a negative comment at all....The worst it's ever been was "is that a cowboy hat?"......So, don't get that side of it all so much....

I think a shirt and suit really should be topped off with a decent hat....And I can't imagine wearing a suit without one now.....Although I probably wouldn't wear jeans and a tee shirt with my hats.....I don't like the image for myself...

It works with a lot of clothes...Depending on the mood you want to throw out to the public to see I've found....It takes confidence, but it bestows it as well...And it works rather decently for me..
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

I used to hate Indy Fedoras.

Back when I didn't have one. :shock:
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

youngjedi71 wrote:
youngjedi71 wrote:some people grow up from a young age dressing different..they grow into their adulthood doing it with no problems..Im not one..I never wore a hat outside of a ball cap once in a while and backwards at that..When I wear my fedora i do still feel awkward..I do get the cowboy hat comments sometimes..and yes that makes me want to scream and throat punch people. IT DOES NOT LOOK ANYTHING LIKE A COWBOY HAT!!!..

MOD NOTE: Your comments about the government and stated opinion about folk on welfare that were removed from your edited post and have no place on this site as stated in the posted rules.
eh,sorry i say whats on my mind..matter of fact I still have no clue what i even said in detail..lol..i just say it..as long as im not cussing or being totally rude i just type what im thinking...sorry i stepped on some toes...i feel im the black sheep here..but thats a good thing.. :TOH:
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

youngjedi71 wrote:
youngjedi71 wrote:

eh,sorry i say whats on my mind..matter of fact I still have no clue what i even said in detail..lol..i just say it..as long as im not cussing or being totally rude i just type what im thinking...sorry i stepped on some toes...i feel im the black sheep here..but thats a good thing.. :TOH:

Not the black sheep at all. We just avoid the typical workplace no no topics such as race, religion, sex and politics. It helps keep the waters from muddying and keeps us on track.

Have a good one!
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

LOL, I went to Dunkin Doughnuts to try one of those new doughnut/croissant (it was ok, nothing to right home about, but maybe on COW :[ )

Any way I pull up and the girl at the drive up see's me (yes I was wearing a fedora) and immediately says, HOWDY COWBOY in a loud voice, I just had to chuckle.
Said Howdy Mam. :TOH:
And on to work I went with a smile on my face. :)

youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

Indiana Croft wrote:LOL, I went to Dunkin Doughnuts to try one of those new doughnut/croissant (it was ok, nothing to right home about, but maybe on COW :[ )

Any way I pull up and the girl at the drive up see's me (yes I was wearing a fedora) and immediately says, HOWDY COWBOY in a loud voice, I just had to chuckle.
Said Howdy Mam. :TOH:
And on to work I went with a smile on my face. :)

ive had the cowboy hat comments...thing is..I HATE COWBOYS..yes you heard that right boys N girls..Im a dude that hates cowboys..i dont like country music,and I dont like the way I talk "im from the south"..did I tell you I hate cowboys?..lol..NOT the people themselves..just the overall cowboy vibe..AND I hate when my hat is mistaken for a cowboy hat. A fedora is NOTHING like a typical cowboy hat..NOTHING..lol..I didnt know anything about hats a couple years ago,BUT I knew a fedora was NOT a dang cowboy hat..Sorry the comment makes me want to yell!.. :x ](*,) :-0 #-o :roll: :? :shock: :o :-k :anxious:
IndyJedi
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyJedi »

Never heard of fedora hatred. ?
I wear a fedora 2-3 days a week on average, more so in the winter or if I'll be in the sun a lot. I occasionally get a nice comment about it but not much more.
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

youngjedi71 wrote: ive had the cowboy hat comments...thing is..I HATE COWBOYS..yes you heard that right boys N girls..Im a dude that hates cowboys..i dont like country music,and I dont like the way I talk "im from the south"..did I tell you I hate cowboys?..lol..NOT the people themselves..just the overall cowboy vibe..AND I hate when my hat is mistaken for a cowboy hat. A fedora is NOTHING like a typical cowboy hat..NOTHING..lol..I didnt know anything about hats a couple years ago,BUT I knew a fedora was NOT a dang cowboy hat..Sorry the comment makes me want to yell!.. :x ](*,) :-0 #-o :roll: :? :shock: :o :-k :anxious:

I've never been bothered by it. Yes, the comment is ignorant but most people are ignorant. Again, the common perception is the hat is made of leather, and/or looks just like the officially licensed hat. They think ANY brown fedora is the Indy hat.

When the actual thing is presented it looks different in person. The hat is taller than most and has a wide brim, especially if you have the edges curling up.....

Guess what it does slightly resemble?

Fedora's evolved from....... "cowboy" hats. Indy's hat was a pre WWII style hat, (and he supposedly acquired it in 1914) and guess what era that was close to?

I live in East Texas and I get it all the time from people that should culturally know better.

If you want to be in this game, you have to take things in stride. People are stupid. At least they are complimenting the hat, whether they think it's a cowboy hat or not.

As for me, at the end of the day, I'm wearing a classy piece of clothing that I consider to be of great taste whether it's out of fashion or not.

and I hate the thought of paying 130 bucks for my Akubra and NOT wearing it on a normal basis, comments be ###### !! :TOH:
CouldnaeDecide
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by CouldnaeDecide »

Thank you all for you're fantastic replies!

I wasn't expecting such a response from the community!

I'm still getting over the inner thoughts of "The hat looks good, I love it! but people think I look stupid, people think I look stupid people think, I look stupid..." monologue in my head...

I got my first Indy comments in the past day which I was giddy on the inside about (just wearing the hat)

I'm daily wearing my Adventurer currently. its breaking in nicely....hasn't seen a rain storm yet but hopefully tomorrow! Gotta get my dry bash set now i have the turn how i want it...

it's really hard on the head to reshape the natural oval of the hat to get the ribbon-bow above your temple. ha! gonna be disstressing my lambskin jacket soon too...i'm over the newness...and the smooth....

*continues talking about his jacket incoherently while walking toward the distressing forum*
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

I guess the question is, why are you wearing a fedora?

Are you wearing it because you're trying to copy the image of a fictionalized film character, or are you wearing it because you like to wear fedoras?

That's it in a nutshell.

If you're wearing it in a 'cosplay' type scenario and are self conscious about it, then yes, the monologue WILL roll through your mind as you're constantly questioning what others think.

If you're wearing it because it's a hat, covering your head, those thoughts no longer rattle around in your head, as wearing your fedora makes no more difference to you than wearing a pair of shoes, or shirt, or trousers for that matter. They're just article of clothing.

A hat is a tool. It covers your head. It protects it from sun and inclimate weather. When used that way, you'll discover you no longer even think about it, and if/when someone DOES say something and look at them with completely disinterested eyes, you'll discover THEY'RE the ones who tend to back away, as they realize you really don't care one way or the other about what they think, anymore than you would them commenting on the color of the shoestrings in your sneakers.

It's all in how and why you wear the fedora that folks pick up on....as well as how you respond to them when they do...and the trick is to smile and give them absolutely no response at all, as unless it's a compliment, it's a response that requires no comment from you what so ever.

Some more points to ponder.

Regards! Michaelson :M:
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

Michaelson wrote:I guess the question is, why are you wearing a fedora?

Are you wearing it because you're trying to copy the image of a fictionalized film character, or are you wearing it because you like to wear fedoras?

That's it in a nutshell.

If you're wearing it in a 'cosplay' type scenario and are self conscious about it, then yes, the monologue WILL roll through your mind as you're constantly questioning what others think.

If you're wearing it because it's a hat, covering your head, those thoughts no longer rattle around in your head, as wearing your fedora makes no more difference to you than wearing a pair of shoes, or shirt, or trousers for that matter. They're just article of clothing.

A hat is a tool. It covers your head. It protects it from sun and inclimate weather. When used that way, you'll discover you no longer even think about it, and if/when someone DOES say something and look at them with completely disinterested eyes, you'll discover THEY'RE the ones who tend to back away, as they realize you really don't care one way or the other about what they think, anymore than you would them commenting on the color of the shoestrings in your sneakers.

It's all in how and why you wear the fedora that folks pick up on....as well as how you respond to them when they do...and the trick is to smile and give them absolutely no response at all, as unless it's a compliment, it's a response that requires no comment from you what so ever.

I think its something we've all had to go through..I mean..again, i didnt grow up wearing hats. SO in my family its strange. Its uncommon. SO people notice more...and instantly "nice hat" or "hey Indy"..I dont wear it much around my family "mom,sis,inlaws etc"...BUT I do wear my Fed IV about every single I drive my school bus...
micsteam
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by micsteam »

All my experiences wearing my AB Raiders fedora have been positive and complementing, I wear it as much as possible especially traveling and WDW. Somebody would have to go out of their way to say something negative and they'd be the ones looking stupid not you !! :TOH:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

youngjedi71 wrote:[I think its something we've all had to go through..I mean..again, i didnt grow up wearing hats. ...
Not really, as many of us have grown up wearing hats all our lives, but then I'm 'old' and actually go back to the edge of the generation that DID wear them day in and day out. It's never been something that's been a problem for me. :TOH:

Regard! M
Ridgerunner58
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Between the Edge of Nowhere and the Edge of Somewhere.

Post by Ridgerunner58 »

Michaelson wrote:I guess the question is, why are you wearing a fedora?

That's it in a nutshell.

That pretty much sums it up.

If you are not comfortable in your own skin, you will look awkward on the outside and people will sense that. Discomfort wearing a hat shows, because the person wearing it doesn't just "wear" the thing, they "position" it and have a look like they're trying to balance a book on their head.

I generally wear a hat to keep my head warm when it's cold, or to protect it from the sun when it's hot. A fedora accomplishes both objectives a lot better than a baseball cap, and I think it looks better doing it. I suppose if I had a different head shape I could wear a watch cap, or something that protected my ears as well as my head, but a brimmed hat does it better for me.

I started wearing wider brimmed hats in the early '70s when my grandfather died and I found his old Open Road Stetson in his gardening shed, so I never looked like I was trying to "be" a fictional character. I was just the "kid in the hat."

Probably as a result I really don't get comments other than the occasional "howdy" from kids (which gets them a smile and the same in response) or "I like your hat - where did you get it?" from adults.

The most negative reaction I ever get is when my wife and I are going somewhere and she wants me to either wear a baseball cap (because she thinks they look nice on me) or not wear a hat at all. On those occasions, as when she picks out a shirt for me to wear, discretion remains the better part of valor and I happily "accept" her "suggestion." :TOH:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

You do better than I do! My wife and daughters raise absolute CAIN when I walk out the door without a hat. :shock:

They say I'm never to be caught without one, and my hat is easy to spot if I wander off in a large store. :lol:

Regard! M
j_m_t
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by j_m_t »

love this thread!

I've been wearing a Panama Hat for several years now without much thought.

got an Indy hat not too long ago and having trouble wearing it out of the house, but that's more because I find it a more formal hat and I've been a jersey and polo shirt kinda guy for a while now.
CouldnaeDecide
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by CouldnaeDecide »

I love my hat. I do enjoy wearing it and my wife thinks i look good in it.

she is currently on the other side of the couch mocking me in a voice i don't have saying things like "Hey guys, what color fedora you wearin today? me? i'm going with a burnt amber hue"

Simply because I'm on a forum talking about a hat... I'm glad I know its in a loving manner haha! she would crack you guys up.

On topic : I do feel much more comfortable with wearing it in colder, inclement weather etc etc. I just really like the hat ha! I wear my adventurer like i would wear a star wars shirt or something. y'know?

hat and jacket always ready to grab on the way out the door. :D
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

I wear my Fed IV with a tshirt and shorts..or tshirt and slack or jeans..Honestly the fedora goes with any and everything..I wear black tennis shoes 99% of the time..you can dress this hat up..or down..its all acceptable and looks great.
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ ... 8305_n.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
me yesterday "i think" Fed IV
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Not a dang thing wrong with THAT fedora! Looks well used, and part of YOU, not just something sitting on your head.

You wear it well!

Regard! M :M: :tup:
CouldnaeDecide
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by CouldnaeDecide »

My Adventuerer on my noggin.

that weird looking arch in the brim is slowy being worked out so its Flat with an up swoop.
youngjedi71
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by youngjedi71 »

Michaelson wrote:Not a dang thing wrong with THAT fedora! Looks well used, and part of YOU, not just something sitting on your head.

You wear it well!

Regard! M :M: :tup:
not sure if you talking to me? BUT if you are..thanks a lot!!..i never wear my AB..its in a box put away..lol..I just have a hard time wearing that expensive hat..AND knowing Steve Delk is sick and not sure if he's gonna be around..I dont know..I just feel its so special..Hate to wear it..
Jeremiah
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Jeremiah »

Played a round of golf again today wearing my AB.