I am somewhat startled...

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Pygar
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

I am somewhat startled...

Post by Pygar »

I just went looking on several 3D model sharing sites... and apparently, no one has put a nicely bashed ROTLA fedora on a scanner for the sake of posterity... While no one would be likely to print out a full-sized fedora, I imagine the smaller sizes might be popular. Imagine being able to fit an Indy fedora on *any* action figure... Imagine R2D2 in a fedora!

Not likely, I know- but now, if it ever does happen, there's a place to share it...
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: I am somewhat startled...

Post by Kt Templar »

Oh, this is how crazy obsessions start.

Imagine the market in Raiders, ToD, LC, variants for the DX05.....
Jacques
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Jacques »

I did a 3D render of myself in Indy gear earlier this year at the WizardWorld ComicCon...

I've not pulled the trigger on buying it though. It's $130 for a small one. :shock: Those guys told me they would have to fabricate the fedora somewhat because the brim will be wafer thin.
Pygar
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Pygar »

You have something against crazy obsessions?

Some wimmenfolk decorate with stuffed animals- imagine how thrilled they'd be to find a fedora on their favorite teddy bear! I think a nice fedora would really spruce up a 3PO or Slave Leia figure, myself...

Nice render! How long did it take?
Jacques
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Jacques »

I haven't bought it...yet. ;) But, if I purchase it, they claim it takes a day to render it, then ship it to me. Incidentally, we have a 3D printer at work. They won't send me the 3D figure of me (they need to make the money y'know). But, if I did a render at my office 3D printer of the fedora itself...hmmmm... :-k
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

Wait you are telling me you can make an action figure of yourself? This is AWESOME
Jacques
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Jacques »

ChrisMD wrote:Wait you are telling me you can make an action figure of yourself? This is AWESOME
At the ComicCons (at least the one I was at)...you can. :D
3thoubucks
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by 3thoubucks »

3-D printed Raiders fedoras are pretty much the only completion to my hats I see coming down the road. You'll need a 3-D scan of your head and an algorithm to make the compromise between your head shape and Harrison Ford's, if he's into getting his head scanned. Also, you don't want your hat to be printed in stiff plastic or laser sintered metal. I think my hats have a 5-10-15 year window before hi-tech makes them obsolete. Get yours now!... Highly collectable! http://www.roadrecumbent.com/MAPsynthetichat.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

How much farther we are going from having a real fedora. :-s