My Bapty conversion and a new Indy gun

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Mark Brody
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Brody »

I've had this done for a while now. It's just taken some time to sit down, take pictures, and post it. This is the same pistol I shot in an earlier thread. I took it to Cylinder and Slide in Fremont, NE to do the work, and I'm happy with the results. I think they were a little surprised that I was so interested in that a gun in such rough condition, but I didn't exactly wants to cut up a collectors piece.

I also just recently got this piece. It's made by Auto Ordnance under Kahr, and is clearly for WWII enthusiasts (who else would want a 1911 with plastic grips?). Externally, it's identical to the 1911A1 used by Col Dovchenko (except for a slight variation in roll marked text), but it features the improved internal features of the Series 80 1911's. For how finicky I've heard 1911's can be, I'm very pleased with this gun - first 100 rounds, and no malfunctions. Plus, I don't think you can get a new American made 1911 for a better price.

Cajunkraut

Re: My Bapty conversion and a new Indy gun

Post by Cajunkraut »

Beautiful pistols, Mark! =P~
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

Well done! Personally that is really the only style 1911 I fancy. Prefer a plane A1 just like you have. I am ashamed I still dont have an Indy revolver. I havent been shooting my 1911 lately and it makes me feel guilty. :(

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

ChrisMD wrote:I am ashamed I still dont have an Indy revolver. I havent been shooting my 1911 lately and it makes me feel guilty. :(
Right on, the COW G&H Mod should have an Indy wheelgun. :D

I actually sleep fairly well not shooting some of my stuff given the prices and (un)availability of ammo these days. Good news is, it looks like pistol ammo is slowly trickling back in. Now, if the .22 fairy would just start getting busy... [-o<
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

Colorado is sitting pretty with everything but .22lr. If I had a bapty I could shoot it all week long! Even Walmart has ammo back and it isnt flying away. Except for .22

Sent from a bathroom inside the Death Star
Mark Brody
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Brody »

One thing is for sure, when the .22 comes back in, I'll have to buy a few thousand rounds to survive the next shortage. 9mm and .45 have been easy to find lately, so shooting the Indy guns has not been a problem.
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

Mark Brody wrote:One thing is for sure, when the .22 comes back in, I'll have to buy a few thousand rounds to survive the next shortage. 9mm and .45 have been easy to find lately, so shooting the Indy guns has not been a problem.

That is why we need to start our own company and manufacture just Indy guns. So when one caliber goes away on the shelves we just switch!

Michaelson you will be our metallurgy expert since you are a knower of things. Ill be CEO since i pitched the idea, who is our CFO, and who is our guy we will send on coffee runs?

Back to Indy tho, wish me luck at the gun show today im looking for THE Indy gun.

Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Chris, check your PMs again.
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

Cajunkraut wrote:Chris, check your PMs again.

Im trying but for some reason like 3 of the tabs on my tapatalk app disappeared and messages is one! DOH! Gonna have to break out the laptop

micsteam
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by micsteam »

I'll be CFO because if you send me on coffee runs I'll end up at the bar and not leave ... well ... unless it's Irish Coffee and it has to be Bushmills !!! Lol !!! :TOH:
Cajunkraut

Post by Cajunkraut »

Mark Brody wrote:One thing is for sure, when the .22 comes back in, I'll have to buy a few thousand rounds to survive the next shortage.
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2 ... olved.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

OP have you taken these beauties out again lately? We want some target pictures!
Mark Brody
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Mark Brody »

Not lately. I'm in the middle of moving. I've got about a week worth of unpacking to do before I can justify going to the range (and I'll have to find a new range, too).
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

Mark Brody wrote:Not lately. I'm in the middle of moving. I've got about a week worth of unpacking to do before I can justify going to the range (and I'll have to find a new range, too).

Oh I feel your pain. Moved in Feb and I swear, stuff I KNEW I packed vanished. I had to get new cleaning kits because I think the moving Gnomes stole them. Once you settle in, we'd love some more range reports and pictures!!! I know a few of us are drooling over that Babty! (myself included)

:TOH:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

ChrisMD wrote: Michaelson you will be our metallurgy expert since you are a knower of things. Ill be CEO since i pitched the idea, who is our CFO, and who is our guy we will send on coffee runs?
:lol: ;)