Finally recieved my Del Carpio!!

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

chuck2003
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Finally recieved my Del Carpio!!

Post by chuck2003 »

Well finally my whip has finally came. I ordered a 10 foot Raiders whip in late November early December. Took a bit longer then the initial estimate but it was well worth the wait. The whip is GORGEOUS! Really upset its 1 degree outside right now or I would be outside giving it a good crack. For now this will be my whips home until the spring comes and then I will be out every day practicing with it. I'm planning to buy some acrylic hopefully tomorrow to put around the stand to protect it from dust for when its not in use. Unfournately, according to Bernardo this may be one of his last whips he ever makes! He said he simply isn't making the money on whips any more so he's contemplating retiring from whip building. If this is indeed one of his last whips then I have to say I'm truly honored to own it and will cherish it for the rest of my life. Any way here it is! \:D/ :whip:

Columbiana Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: Finally recieved my Del Carpio!!

Post by Columbiana Jones »

Congratulations on your new treasure. He really does make a superb whip.
ProfessorHenryWJonesJr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Just shaking my head and laughing at the stupidity.

Post by ProfessorHenryWJonesJr »

Beautiful bullwhip!! :whip: I was hoping to purchase one myself in the very near future. It would be an unfortunate shame if Mr. Del Carpio did retire from producing bullwhips. :( Master craftsmen, such as himself, are few and far between. But, I completely understand his decision, and if he indeed is retiring, I wish him nothing but the best and success in his future endeavors. :TOH:
DarenHenryW
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DarenHenryW »

Man, Bernardo does such amazing work! Really love that guy's work! (And the guy too!) :)

Enjoy that. Treasure it.

Daren Henry W