US Wings Lambskin durability

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Bruce Wayne
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

US Wings Lambskin durability

Post by Bruce Wayne »

I am considering getting a US Wings Labmskin Barnstormer vest & was wondering how durable it is? All that I've encountered is Wested's horsehide & Nowak's Crystal Skull leather.

Thanx!!!
Charlie
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Re: US Wings Lambskin durability

Post by WConly »

Bruce Wayne wrote:I am considering getting a US Wings Labmskin Barnstormer vest & was wondering how durable it is? All that I've encountered is Wested's horsehide & Nowak's Crystal Skull leather.

Thanx!!!
Charlie
Not certain which vest you are referring too, is it the Cockpit Sterman vest http://www.uswings.com/vests.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ? If so, I had one of these -- not purchased from Wings, but another site and it was extremely durable. W>
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I have one of the Legend lambskin prototypes, and have to say I've been VERY impressed with its durability.

Regards! Michaelson
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Michaelson wrote:I have one of the Legend lambskin prototypes, and have to say I've been VERY impressed with its durability.

Regards! Michaelson
But, back to my question re: his question -- is this a vest you are referring to Mark, or the jacket? W>
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Doesn't matter. ;) They're both made from the same sourced hide, but in my case I'm talking about a jacket.
His original question is 'US Wings lambskin durability'. That's why I bothered to reply. :TOH:

Regards! M
Bruce Wayne
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Bruce Wayne »

Yes I was referring to the steerman vest. I have been wanting one for a while & I was considering getting one along with an urban adventure jacket. I just need to know what the back length of the 3X long jacket is now.

Thanx!!!
Charlie
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Michaelson wrote:Doesn't matter. ;) They're both made from the same sourced hide, but in my case I'm talking about a jacket.
His original question is 'US Wings lambskin durability'. That's why I bothered to reply. :TOH:

Regards! M
Thanks Mark...Your answer did, as usual, truly answer the question for him. I guess I was thinking cut/style over 'hide.' My bad! However, the great news, is that I also learned even more! I didn't know they were from the same sourced hides -- thanks, again! W>
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

I'd say hides for vests would be easier to source than for jackets, considering the size of the animals and the amount of material required to make a vest vs jacket.

Regards! Michaelson
Bruce Wayne
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Bruce Wayne »

The urban adventure jacket is $300 off this month. Hmmm...