Wested LC - Which specs should I not forget..

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Andymac84
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Wested LC - Which specs should I not forget..

Post by Andymac84 »

I'm planning to order a new wested, this time a Last Crusade. Which accurate specs should I not forget to mention to Peter? :-k
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Re: Wested LC - Which specs should I not forget..

Post by Texan Scott »

The specs are here:

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58189" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Andymac84
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Andymac84 »

Already checked that topic. But thank you. So I guess I'll find everything there. I just wanted to see if there's anything else I overlooked. :TOH:
Kevin Anderson
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kevin Anderson »

No gussets. For the love of God, no gussets! :)
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

That's the one thing you might keep in mind, Andy. The only drawback to the LC jacket from my perspective, is that the armholes are wide, and obviously that causes the jacket to ride up. This is why I think that the jacket was worn unzipped the whole movie? It lacks the mobility of the Raiders jacket. I ordered one recently with NP, and it is more of a hybrid. RoLA with LC specs. I'd rather sacrifice accuracy for comfort and mobility in a real world jacket.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

my vote? get it as accurate as possible With all the quirks and flaws. Why sacrife low armholes on the LC but we all want the shoulders to fall of the back With the raiders? :-k Go figure ;)
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

The specs in the thread are accurate to the film jacket, but the RoLA pattern is different from the Hero is different from the LC pattern. For me, I have found the RoLA to be the most comfortable, ie is more of a correct fitting jacket. The shoulder seams are centered on the top of the shoulder, and that is why we never had the vertical pleats on the front panels. With the Hero pattern, the shoulder IS the natural break in the material instead of the shoulder seams and the RoLA has the correct fitting sleeves, the no "off the shoulders effect" to the sleeves. The collar is not cut deep into the back of the jacket resulting in the "off the back" effect. You almost cant get the NP hide without LC features, so there you have it.
Last edited by Texan Scott on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I just offered my vote. I know the difference pretty well :TOH:

So, my 2c? Forget Comfort, you will get used to the way it is. It isn't that uncomfy anyway if you ask me. The only thing you can't do With the jacket zipped is running around With Your arms raised like an airplane. But what kind of a loon does that anyway?---... So, Get it as accurate as possible, just to get the LC ''feel''
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Its a personal preference thing, as usual. Some may prefer a jacket that is dead on accurate to film. The one that Wested will help me with is just my thinking outside the box a little. If one is new to the jacket caper, then they may not know such an option exists until it is discussed. I had a copper NP before, but it was more of a Raiders design. Loved the leather, though.
Andymac84
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Andymac84 »

Thanks for every answer. I'll try to do some extra homework on the jacket to get me in the right position. If that's done, I can go forward and order one, or not.. :)
In my opinion I always didn't liked that fall of the shoulder seam on my raiders jacket. I can be just distinct...
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Just pay particular attention to the pocket size, especially that flap - it comes almost half way down the entire pocket, it is very deep.

And watch out that you don't get double seams in the shoulders - that's how Peter has been stitching his odd LC/Crystal Skull hybrid.
Zoltar
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Zoltar »

The best advice I can give is whatevever is on your list expect 90% of it to come through.
I love my Wested's and if you take the time to speak to him personlly Peter will try his best to deliver, but once the order leaves his hands and gets passed onto the machinists anything can and does happen!

Aim high, expect low and somwhere in the middle you'll recieve somthing you'll love.

All part of the Wested experiance ;)
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Texan Scott »

Pockets roughly 7hx6w with around a 3 1/4 flap, rounded scallops, snaps on the storm flap, sleeve seams and yoke seams lined up, straps lower 1/3 of pocket, no bottom hem. Anything else is gravy...er....LC. Collar is important. I think the Hero collar shape makes for a better LC than the current LC/SC collar pointing toward the front. We could drill down further, but those are the basics.....seams, etc... #-o Have a look back at the thread if you have any more questions.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

I would add that the pockets should be higher off the hem than usual. 2.5"- 3" or so above the hem depending on your jacket length.