I'm so pleased I'm not dead!

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

I'm so pleased I'm not dead!

Post by DR Ulloa »

Good evening, gentlemen. I've been off these boards for a while but with summer officially having started, this teacher is ready to come back into the fold.

I've been stopping in periodically just to see what has been going on in the world of COW, but have had no time for posting. I had to get rid of most of my hat collection to help pay for bills while I was out of a job, but this school year, I found a great job, though it kept me busy with twelve classes to prep and grade. However, I still managed to hold on to all but one of my ABs and all but one of my Penmans (I always want to say Penmen). I'm still searching, however, for that Netchurbillin.

So, I figured I'd show you fine people how my hats had held up over the years of abuse they have taken. The only one not pictured is my first Penman, a beaver Raiders I got back in 2008. I lent it to my wife for the day as she was going to be out in the sun all day. I'll have that one pictured before tonight. All hats are beaver felt.

First up is my 2009 CS AB. I rarely wear this hat out as it is the Holy Grail of my collection, so it is more or less unchanged since Steve mailed it to me.

Next is the 2010 Sahara AB with vintage rust ribbon. I told Steve only the color felt and ribbon to use and left the rest up to him. He did a smashing job on this hat and it has worked its way up to being the hat I wear most often, second only to my Penman Raiders. It's a #### shame the ribbon is in the condition it is, but I guess with hard wear comes hard stains. But, each one is a badge of the adventure I had with it.

Now on to the Penman section. This first one is a charcoal felt with vintage iron ribbon that Steve was nice enough to ship over to John. With this hat, I told John only the colors I wanted. The rest was left up to him. I remember being a little disappointed with the odd dimensions of the brim back in 2009 when I received it (the front and back are shorter than the sides), but he assured me that the hat would settle into its own. And, boy, was he right. This hat is the one I usually wear when I perform with my band and thus has probably received the most brutal beating...after of course that Penman Raiders :TOH:

And last up in this post is the hat most special to me. That's right, even more special than the...you guessed it...the Penman Raiders. This hat John made for my wedding back in 2009. I ordered it way back in December of 2008 and told John almost specifically what I wanted. What he made me was so much more. This hat has my favorite pounce, favorite shape, favorite crease, even my favored amount of stiffener (meaning virtually none). I usually only wear this hat when suiting up, but have found excuses to don it with jeans and t-shirt.

So, that's it for now. I'll be back later with...I forgot which hat it was ](*,) ...And I'll be stopping in to read and post more frequently as my boss has promised me a significantly lighter work load next year. Until then, see you under the Plymouth.

Dave
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Re: I'm so pleased I'm not dead!

Post by ChrisMD »

Did you get an Indiana Jones shirt yet? ](*,) http://www.toddscostumes.com/costumes/m ... rt-size-l/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(all in good fun) :mrgreen:

Nice to have you back, and very nice hats!
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Listen, man, you are lucky you got a tank and shorts. I told my wife, I'm not putting on any clothes for a week after class lets out.

I do have one Indy style shirt. I got it from Cabella's. I do like Todd's shirts, though. And thanks for the compliment. :TOH:

Dave
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

DR Ulloa wrote::rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Listen, man, you are lucky you got a tank and shorts. I told my wife, I'm not putting on any clothes for a week after class lets out.

I do have one Indy style shirt. I got it from Cabella's. I do like Todd's shirts, though. And thanks for the compliment. :TOH:

Dave

Haha when im off work i dont shave. Thats my thing.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Hey, Dave! Good to see you around. Your hair has gotten long! Glad to hear the work situation greatly improved for you.

Great looking lids. You, me and Michaelson all got those Sahara ABs around the same time in '10. I've got some water stains on my ribbon too. This one tends to be my "travel hat" so it's got the most most miles on it.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

Indiana Jeff wrote:Hey, Dave! Good to see you around. Your hair has gotten long! Glad to hear the work situation greatly improved for you.

Great looking lids. You, me and Michaelson all got those Sahara ABs around the same time in '10. I've got some water stains on my ribbon too. This one tends to be my "travel hat" so it's got the most most miles on it.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Yes, we did Jeff. Michaelson's Sahara had a different ribbon, if I'm not mistaken. I love this ribbon but it is prone to staining. I'm ok with it as it has become my travel hat as well.

And thanks. The job situation has definitely improved. Both the wife and I are working at the same school and loving it. I may even be able to order another hat soon!

Dave
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Post by ChrisMD »

DR Ulloa wrote:
Indiana Jeff wrote:Hey, Dave! Good to see you around. Your hair has gotten long! Glad to hear the work situation greatly improved for you.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Yes, we did Jeff. Michaelson's Sahara had a different ribbon, if I'm not mistaken. I love this ribbon but it is prone to staining. I'm ok with it as it has become my travel hat as well.

And thanks. The job situation has definitely improved. Both the wife and I are working at the same school and loving it. I may even be able to order another hat soon!

Dave

Dave, gotta throw this out there. Love the Link avatar. If I had a dollar for everytime I played Ocarina of time.......
DR Ulloa
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by DR Ulloa »

I'd have about $100. No kidding. That game consumed my life when I was a kid.

Dave
jkdbuck76
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jkdbuck76 »

Nice lids!!
LouisiannaJames26
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by LouisiannaJames26 »