Repro WPG Indy Bag

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

westy1970
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Repro WPG Indy Bag

Post by westy1970 »

I also have the repro WPG bag. It is closer in color to the H&S bag but would take some considerable weathering to break it in as the material used is not 70 years old. Pictured here with the WPG strap
Side with the little pocket that has the waist string on the originals
Disc side
Snap close up, but the picture is not great. Snaps are knurled, or "not smooth".
and, finally, the inside of the pouch. There is a front pocket like the original but the center divider is missing. Might make for better storage of larger items but that is your choice. There is still the little pocket and the rear compartment is divided in half, like the originals.
ChrisMD
Staff Emeritus

Re: Repro WPG Indy Bag

Post by ChrisMD »

Your mileage may vary! Some lots from WPG have the divider, some don't. Mine has it, and a buddy who also has a repro, ordered it about 15 minutes after me and his does not have it. All depends which one they grab, im not even sure WPG is aware of it. Personally i dont mind either way. Good luck! This is such a useful item. I love mine.
westy1970
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: Repro WPG Indy Bag

Post by westy1970 »

ChrisMD, I would think that yours would be the exception rather than the rule and, maybe, a fluke. This is from the website

"These bags copy all the features of the original one right down to the brass eyelets on the bottom, the metal disc on the side, and all the internal pockets and dividers (one small omission – the center divider is not further divided into two compartments)."

Could have been luck of the draw, though.