New and improved gear pics

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Alex
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

New and improved gear pics

Post by Alex »

Well I finally got all my gear in the mail from members and vendors here so I figured a few shots were in order. The last time I did an Indy costume I was also doing a 300 one for Dragon con and I had a full beard. Now that that's over I can kinda sorta look the part. haha.

Gear break down:
Fedora: Akubra Fed
Jacket: Todds purchased from a member here size L
Shirt: Costume base from ebay (had to dilute dye black to get rid of the yellow)
Pants: ??? Goodwill that I bleached to make right
Boots: Sketchers close enoughs
Bag: I made a few of these last time and used a Todds strap
Holster: Wade Egan
Gun: Highly modified ebay airsoft
Whip: Riku1914 Raiders 8' (VERY tallented artist and a great whip)
Belts: Brown leather gun belt and brown web belt

Here's the reason you clicked on this thread. Enjoy.

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu35 ... /Indy8.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu35 ... /Indy9.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu35 ... Indy10.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alex
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: New and improved gear pics

Post by Alex »

Comments, criticism, suggestions, or whatever comes to mind are more than welcome by the way. :TOH:
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

You bleached some 2nd hand pants to get that color? Impressive! :H:
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

Man!!! That jacket looks SPOT ON!!!

Is that the NEW Todd's or an earlier version? The sleeve seems look like the new version.

Great looking set-up! :clap:
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Indy Magnoli wrote:You bleached some 2nd hand pants to get that color? Impressive! :H:
Yeah! That caught my attention too! Don't know what he did, but they look pretty darned good! W>
Oildale Jones
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Oildale Jones »

Looks great! :clap:
Alex
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Alex »

Thanks guys.

I just checked the tag on the pants and it says Savane. They looked very new when I picked them up but they were too brown. I tried wearing them with a "close enough" shirt to a con and pics came out dark brown on the pants and pure yellow on the shirt. That's when I decided to order a correct shirt (still needed dye work :roll: ) and lighten up the pants. All I did was run them through the wash with bleach in the machine like you would with your whites and there you have it...knock off pinks. ;)

Thanks for noticing the jacket fit. It is the 2nd gen that was in the for sale section recently. I was most worried about how that fit since he let the sleves out a bit. Plus...it's only a large and I have a 42" chest and 15" bicepts. If I were to flex more I bet I could start popping seems in it. I could probably use an extra large but I really don't want to risk it being too large and end up looking like I'm wearing daddy's Indy jacket. lol.

Sorry for some of the doofy looking faces in the first few pics. It was brighter than all get out when we took them and nearly 102 out today. We tried some inside shots but the flash washed all the color out and without the flash the pics were really blurry. I'm going to try to find a nice place around here to get some better shots. Noting exotic really though, it's just south Texas.
Alex
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Alex »

The jacket issue just reminded me of something I've had on my mind for a while.

As a point of reference, I'm typically 5'9" barefoot but I've padded these boots to put me up to an easy 5'11" height at around 190lbs. People who have seen and worked with Harrison have said they were surprised how wide and tall of a guy he is. He really hasn't put that much weight on over the years either so; how is it he wore a 40 jacket in the films and I'm at the lmits of most 42's chest and arms wise? Have our units of measurement changed that much in 30+ years or am I just a wider fella then he is? :lol:
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

That Akubra looks fantastic! The whole thing does, period... but I would not have guessed that was an Akubra.

How do you like the costume base shirt?
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

I agree with Chewie, great job bashing the FedIV! :clap:

With all the great vendors these days it's refreshing to see a great looking outfit with off the shelf/thrift store finds. :tup:

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Alex
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Alex »

Thanks guys.

The costume base shirt is pretty nice. Thin and breathable but like it said, it was more yellow than it needed to be. A quick dunk in a very diluted black dye with a rinse and it was perfect.