Moths? As a matter of fact...

Discuss technique for prolonging the life of your gear or giving it that aged look

Moderator: Dalexs

Kim Hoffman
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Kim Hoffman »

Moths do damage fabrics. Or moth larvae do. Moths don't eat much, but they do mate and the female lays her eggs in dark warm places near to food sources. Any fabric will do away from sunlight. They seem to like moist sweat stains. The larvae will eat as much fabric as they can before spinning their cocoons. Pest strips are recommended. Indiana Jeff says moths are rare in Qatar, but they're prolific in the Southwest deserts, and among the Pueblo Indians have spiritual significance, and are often found painted on pottery.
trdaggers
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Moths? As a matter of fact...

Post by trdaggers »

And there you have it folks. Everything you needed to know about moths. Seriously, I wasn't aware that larvae were the real culprit.

Gailen :TOH:
bish
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by bish »

trdaggers wrote:And there you have it folks. Everything you needed to know about moths. Seriously, I wasn't aware that larvae were the real culprit.

Gailen :TOH:
When I was very young, my uncle convinced me that he could turn into Mothman and prowled the night eating the woolen underwear of his unsuspecting victims.

So if you're ever in the Kalamazoo area and see somebody with antennae and moth wings, I'd hide your hat and woolen Indy pants. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trdaggers
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by trdaggers »

Isn't that town known for that?

Gailen
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Your uncle sounds like someone I could have gotten along with quite well. :lol: :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
Kim Hoffman
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Kim Hoffman »

Well, we'll just have to ship some Xtra-Long Pest Strips to Kalamazoo. That is, if your uncle doesn't mind. Beats velcro....