New Indy Tablet Bag

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Arca Perdida
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

New Indy Tablet Bag

Post by Arca Perdida »

Not sure if it's been posted, but just came across this, from SFBags:

"The Indy"

http://www.sfbags.com/products/indy/indy-bag.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fenris
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: New Indy Tablet Bag

Post by fenris »

Since my bag is just Indy remniscient and not a Mark VII, an iPad (or netbook) actually fits inside. Will an iPad fit an actual indy satchel?
trdaggers
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by trdaggers »

I don't know, but I did get a furry weasel in one without to much trouble. :) ;)

Gailen
sargorn
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by sargorn »

Looks like a nice bag. But other than it being brown leather and mildly satchel shaped, not sure I'd agree strongly with it's name. :p

I'd say the size of a real mark vii probably wouldn't quite fit a netbook. You might be able to slip it in but it'd stick out a bit. Tablet/ipad might fit depending on which one. I'd test with my galaxy tab and todd's replica mk vii but both are packed away at the moment. :/
fenris
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fenris »

My netbook is smaller than an ipad... The ipad can fit in my bag (which only looks similar to indy's) horizontally, but vertically it would stick out. The flap would cover it though.

Here's what my bag looks like:

It looks kinda different now as I've replaced the strap with one from Todd's. I think it's a whole lot bigger than Indy's bag. But I like it because I can put a lot of stuff in it.
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

thats actually a really cool bag Fenris! Although, those ancient ruins do add to the character! :TOH:
fenris
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fenris »

Thanks! The more I look at the pic, the more I realize how big the bag really is!
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

My ipad fits into my Indy mark 7 is it just fine and I have my ipad in a leather case.
fenris
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fenris »

BendingOak wrote:My ipad fits into my Indy mark 7 is it just fine and I have my ipad in a leather case.
Hmmmm... Maybe my bag isn't that big then. It may even have the same dimensions as Indy's bag. Maybe I'm the one who's small! I haven't measured my bag yet; but if I base it on the ipad's dimensions, my bag is somewhere around 10" x 9.25" x 2.5"... more or less.
Indy's brother
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Indy's brother »

As far as "The Indy" is concerned, why the heck did they choose to guff it up with that stupid-looking green stripe?

Anyway, my MK VII holds a first gen iPad perfectly, when inserted vertically. If anyone is going to do this, I would suggest lining the inside of the satchel with something soft, though. The backs of those two snaps would scratch up your device.
stevemahaffey
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

New Indy Tablet Bag

Post by stevemahaffey »

Carried my iPad all over Disney in my mk vii and still had plenty of room for a couple bottles of water and a pack of crackers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rambler
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Rambler »

Indy's brother wrote:As far as "The Indy" is concerned, why the heck did they choose to guff it up with that stupid-looking green stripe?

Anyway, my MK VII holds a first gen iPad perfectly, when inserted vertically. If anyone is going to do this, I would suggest lining the inside of the satchel with something soft, though. The backs of those two snaps would scratch up your device.
It is possible to get it with a brown stripe too. It doesn't look as bad that way. However, I am amused by the assortment of things in the bag in the various photos. A pack of chewing gum, car keys, iPad, Men's Health magazine and an electronic caliper! What sort of field work involves all that?
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

From the pictures, the leather looks like someone cut up my TN CS and made a bag out of it :lol:

Kyle
Harry Jones
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Harry Jones »

I've been carrying my iPad in this for a while now. I like the protection of the rather ridgid leather.

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f ... 57&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Max Chance
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Max Chance »

Bag looks too much like a purse to me, and the price is a little steep. I'd rather just go with a classic leather messenger as I'm usually carrying more than just my iPad. I've seen a few good distressed leather iPad covers, like this one:

http://www.zazzle.com/brown_leather_loo ... 4601617040" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Max