Post Your Quality Wade Bag Pictures

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

trdaggers
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by trdaggers »

Here are pictures of my number 5 bag from Wade.

Gailen

Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Post Your Quality Wade Bag Pictures

Post by Gorak »

AWESOME! :clap: :clap:
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Tis' lovely...
:D :tup:

I'm happy to say I'll definitely be adding to THIS Thread in just the next couple of days (got mine yesterday and I'll be getting a couple of shots taken tomorrow)

Thanks for starting up this Thread, Gailen!
:TOH:
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

Indeed Gailen thanks for starting this up! ;)

The bag looks amazing! Look forward to seeing more pics of these ...

bish
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by bish »

Great looking bag. Totally impressed by Wade's work!

- bish
Bruce Wayne
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Bruce Wayne »

I'll be sure to post pics tomorrow afternoon when I go for a hike.
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Man those really are great looking bags. Heh Wade...refresh my memory if you would -- do these bags have a divider in the middle? And, this is going to sound strange, but could a person get one of these with a webbed strap, instead of leather? I am one of those strange ones that cannot get used to leather straps on anything hanging around my shoulders -- prefer webbing on all the bags I use. Thanks, in advance. W>
Wade Egan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Wade Egan »

WConly,

Yes, these do have a divider in them standard. However, I can also make them without the divider if you like. It will just take a couple weeks to get it made up as all of the 20 I made have the divider except for two (upon customer request). Also, I have been purchasing and stockpiling original MKVII bags for the past 5 years and have tons of good webbbing straps from the originals I could easily put on one of these bags for you. Or, I could make a webbing strap out of new webbing for you if you like. I have a source for webbing and it would only be a matter of time (ordering etc.) in getting that done. Of course, I'm offering the bags with or without a strap now so you also have the option of going strapless and finding your own preferred web strap.

W.E.
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Thanks Wade....I would like the divider and the web strap. I will get back with you before too long via pm and see what we can work out. Thanks. W>
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Here’s my contribution to this Thread and my words of praise for this amazing offering from Wade…
:) :tup:

My package from Wade arrived at my doorstep (and in PERFECT condition) this past Thursday and it was all I’d been hoping for and more!
:D
Inside was not only his amazing leather version of our much-loved MK VII Indy bag (which I’ll be happy to come back to in a moment), but also several EXTRAS that made it all that much sweeter: one of Wade’s fantastic Super Whip Holders (in the Raiders style), a postcard-style promotional card for the photography work Wade does, one of Wade’s great music CDs (did everyone here know just how broad this man’s range of talents truly is?) and even a few Playstation Games for my son that Wade and I had discussed previously.
So, for starters, to say that this fellow is a generous guy is something of a gross understatement that really just doesn’t do the man justice, folks… Wade seems to be among those great Vendors who is happiest when he’s not only impressing the heck out of his customers, but he doesn’t mind putting a little extra “scoop of ice cream” on top of the warm slice of apple pie that the big guy just made for ya! (So to speak… please don’t actually ask him for pie… I have no idea if he bakes or not) :P

Anyway, back to the WADE EGAN Leather MK VII:

WOW! I love this thing!
\:D/
It is, frankly, just such a very COOL variation on the theme of an Indy satchel, but it’s also one that works in our modern age and is perfect for everyday “getting’ around”, strolls, long hikes, you name it. :tup:

The color is, of course, different than the greenish/sometimes “yellowy” color of the cloth bag… it is a warm, soft brownish color and it fits nicely - I think, anyway – into the “color-scheme” of Indy’s Gear. :tup:

When I first removed the bag from the package I immediately noticed how great this leather smells! So GOOD! (I wore it to work on Friday and when I got there I locked it into one of my cabinets… at the end of the day when I took it out to wear for the trip home the inside of the compartment smelled like I was using some kinda’ awesome Leather Febreeze!) :tup:

And the leather itself is VERY soft and isn’t at all stiff... yet, at the same time the construction of it feels so very strong and sturdy… and no wonder: the stitching is amazing! STRAIGHT and EXACT and very, very TIGHT (really WONDERFUL job on this detail in particular, Wade… WELL done!) :tup:

The interior pockets (several) are very useful as well (great spots for the mobile device and wallet) and once again, very strong, sturdy stitching on these. :tup:

The bag was also numbered and monogrammed… A very nice touch that makes it all that much more mine (or YOURS, if you get yourself one – and you should!) :tup:

I went with a Raiders strap for my bag and Wade’s skills with this sort of thing are, of course, without question… Excellent craftsmanship once again. The guy doesn’t miss a single detail! And I’m happy to say that I think the bag and strap go very well together. :tup:

I guess what I’m trying to say is that this Leather MK VII from Wade is a wonderful addition to my IndyGear Collection and I’m proud to own - and USE – it.
THANK YOU Wade for one more GREAT buying experience with you… for fantastic communication and Customer Service… for all the wonderful EXTRAS and of course, for this great (and unique) product!

Here’s a few photos:

A couple of Close-Ups:

And, of course, I had to show how “at home” it feels with my INDY colors.

Cheers,
Fox
Last edited by Mitch LaRue on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

Mitch you and the bag go perfectly well together...your presentation ,as always, is top notch and you make the bag look as much a part of you as the hat. Great looking stuff and really makes me excited to get mine...#10!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

Mitch you and the bag go perfectly well together...your presentation ,as always, is top notch and you make the bag look as much a part of you as the hat. Great looking stuff and really makes me excited to get mine...#10!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Wade Egan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Wade Egan »

Gorak,

Tracking says your bag will be at your door tomorrow. Glad you guys are enjoying them! It was a long wait and a labor of love and I'm super proud to be able to offer these to you. I couldn't have gotten it done without you first 10 guys being so supportive and so patient while I recovered from the accident and all. I go out of my way for you guys because I think you deserve it and have earned that respect with your support and contributions to our hobby and lifestyle. I feel that it's my duty and honor as well as my mission. I should probably get a back tattoo that says 'gearhead' and just get it over with. lol

Keep the posts and pics coming! I love seeing the end result.

Fox,

You are a true gentleman and friend. Also, I still have a bunch of PS1 games so you're going to have to order more stuff so I can send them to you.
:Plymouth:

Wade
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

:lol:

No worries about the PS1 Games, Wade... Save 'em for other customers. We're all good on this end now :)
I'll likely just keep coming back for the Top of the Line, Top-Notch, Top-Shelf, Top Quality Leather Goods that come from a true fan and fellow GearHead who has the skills to craft such fine stuff!
:notworthy:

Gorak:
Thanks for the kind words, my friend :TOH: I'm sure you'll love yours when it gets there, too (and I can't wait to see a few pictures) ;)

Cheers,
SpeedRcrX
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by SpeedRcrX »

Today, I just got my bag n° VII

I love it!! The craftsmanship is superb.

I asked Wade for a Raiders strap with my bag but I compare it with my old CS strap (from Wade too ;) ). In the end I choose the CS strap. I like the CS color better with the bag and the strap is thicker than the Raiders one and since it's already broken in, the strap nearly positioned itself on my shoulder (I got the strap when Wade began his business).

I choose to have the drain holes

It's already full of junk, but hey, I'm allowed, I'm girl!!! And the metal thing is not a bombshell, it's my glasses case even if all my friends call it a bombshell...

You can see a happy customer!

Thanks Wade!!!
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Bag looks GREAT (and great onya, SpeedRcrX)...
:) :tup:
I really like the way it looks with the darker strap, too... might try that sometime just for a change (luckily, I've also got a Wade Egan Last Crusade bag strap "waitin' in the wings") ;)

Glad you like your bag!
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

I received my bag last Monday. #10 on the list. Thing is, there was a death in the family late Sunday night and I found it in bad taste run around trying to take pics and all so my review is a tad late. But here it is...

This thing is incredible! The workmanship seems way above average. All the seams are very strong and this bag just feels tough. I have round about 40 to 50 bags most from Fossil and this one immediately blows them all out of the water. Most of you have already seen up close pics and Indy gear so I have been trying to think of something different that we can all relate to in terms of pics. Nothing came to mind but my wife wanted to get out of town so we went to Galveston`s Moody Gardens again and visited the indoor jungle.

Here it my first official bag pic with my second Indy Cell Phone case that came with it!
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/ ... 114711.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/ ... 125902.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here it is in very casual non-Indy gear, which I feel the bag fits right at home also, for you guys who don`t really wear the gear all together.....
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/ ... 111957.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/ ... 111803.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/ ... 111430.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife immediately jumped all over the light Raiders strap that came with it. She said it didn`t match the bag or anything I had on so I switched it out with my regular Indy bag (it is an old Lee Keppler strap that was once just as light but has darkened with wear) and the lighter strap sat well with my cloth Indy bag. So a note to all prospective buyers: darker colored straps seem to go better with the leather color of the bag.
It is very lightweight, sits well on the hip, and access to all the pockets is very easy. The revised center pocket is the perfect size for my Galaxy S2 cellphone. This is a really special addition to any and all Indygear and I HIGHLY reccommend any and all members to get one for themselves. Wade has done an incredible job with this project and it is worth the money and time to get one on your side.
Wade- Thank you so very much for such a high quality, perfectly replicated, beautiful bag. This really makes me all the more excited for the Solo rig project we have in the wings......
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
fenris
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by fenris »

The darker strap does match well with Wade's leather bag. Nice!
bish
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by bish »

These are great looking bags, wish I had the money to order one. I will have to start saving. I use my Magnoli bag all the time now, a leather one would just be awesome.

Great pics and great job making these Wade!!

- Bish
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

I`d love to keep this thread alive so here is a one pic update of my bag so far..
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/ ... 142324.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
.not the greatest shot but this bag has been my constant companion and most all my other bags have been retired. Thanks again, Wade. :notworthy:
How is the new run coming along? Looking foward to more people showing them off.
Wade Egan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Wade Egan »

Looking really great Hector! I love the setting of the photo and the bag looks like it's part of you already.

W
yuji
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by yuji »

My bag from the second run just arrived :D

Thanks Wade, this is an awesome bag! :clap:
My ipad fits inside perfectly. Will post some pics soon.
trdaggers
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by trdaggers »

My Wade bag fits perfectly. Does this void the warranty?

Gailen

Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

I don't know....looks like a little taper developing and that dimensional cut is a little shabby.
;)
trdaggers
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by trdaggers »

I didn't block it yet. Do you thing the bag makes my face look fat?

Gailen
Last edited by trdaggers on Tue May 15, 2012 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flash
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Flash »

Ok, so I've carried the wade bag (no 1) for a while now and I think it's high tide to throw in my thought.....

PURE

UNADULTERATED

BRILLIANCE.......

This bag is great and my hat off to you wade......you are a true craftsman, and it WAS worth the wait.

The bag is only nearly eclipsed by the Wade Egan CD that came with it......if possible, this man is a better singer than a bag builder, and I mean that in a nice way.

Many, many thanks,

Nick
Wade Egan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Wade Egan »

Glad everyone is getting them in and liking them! Gailen, you're cracking me up with that pic! :rolling:
And thanks Nick for the compliment on the music. Much appreciated.

There's 4 left from the second run if anyone is interested.

W.E.
ReturningSon
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by ReturningSon »

these look so sweet. Rugged functionality welded with crasftmenship! Congrats to everyone and anyone who got one!

(oh yeah, Good job too Wade :D )
Flash
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Flash »

Seriously wade, your music rocks.....personally I prefer the blues music you do, but it's all great :-)
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

At long last my #9 bag has arrived! :D Due to a few unexpected circumstances, and Wade's high expectations of quality control, it took longer than expected to get the bag, but well worth the wait. I'm a bit sad there was no CD in with my bag though. :cry:

I opted for the Raiders strap and agree with what other have said that I think a darker/CS strap is the way to go with this bag. My plan was to swap the straps with a black bridle leather strap I've been using for a few years and this got me a Raiders strap for my vintage MKVII. The vintage bag will now be saved for costuming/special occasions to prolong it's life.

I was expecting to have an 'adjustment period' with carrying a new bag, but it was 100% comfortable immediately. It seemed strange that it didn't feel strange until I had the realization that I'm carrying essentially the same bag I have been, just in new material. I am very pleasantly surprised how soft and supple the leather is right out of the box. I was expecting stiffer leather that would need time to break in, but no need.

New bag with old strap.

Old bag with new strap.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Wade Egan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Wade Egan »

Jeff!

Your CD is enroute with your whip holder! I was rushing a bit. It happens. :TOH:

W.E.
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Hey, hey! You the man, Wade! \:D/

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

Heres my bag still rocking and rolling...
I love it!
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/ ... 065626.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/ ... 065414.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h304/ ... 064945.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

Great bag!! And GREAT jacket!!!!! Which one is that? It looks like it.came from the set of raiders... :tup:
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

Thank you for that observation!
Last edited by Gorak on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

Thanks..and that, my friend, is the Bill Kelso Relic Hunter in Authentic Brown Straited Lamb size 40....in case you hadn't heard of it.
;) .
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

So nice you had to say it twice! :lol:

Well, congrats on both! Thats some high quality gear there!!!
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

AND!!!! Before someone says (especially with the title of this thread) "NO GOOD WITHOUT PICTURES!!!!" I haven't the time, at the moment, but I did want to post that I received my Wade Bag today and it is truly special! I ordered without strap as I have a really nice one that I purchased from a COW member many years ago (don't ask me who it was, because I honestly don't remember -- but, he had special custom bag straps and I got one and love it -- brass buckle, brass attachments and very nice rich dark, almost wine coloured). I have the strap on my new bag and the combo look terrific. Wade! Your work is flawless! Outstanding quality and I was truly surprised that the weight was not all that much different from a standard MKVII canvas bag! But, this sure looks a lot classier! Great stuff! Great service and superb timing, as today is my birthday -- so, I have a quesiton...how did you get the mail service to make certain it arrived today ;) ? Thanks to Wade and thanks to all you who have posted yours and convinced me this was a 'sure-shot!' W>