Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

bish
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: DULUTH's Shawl Neck Cardigan (MOTB) review and pics

Post by bish »

Great pics that is a really nice looking Cardigan. I have to look into one of those!

- bish
Last edited by bish on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

VERY nice post, Michael!
:clap:

I’m not gonna lie, I was really hoping you might feel like joining in on the fun by trying the MOTB look on for size… And I’m really impressed by the results: It’s very natural, very flattering look for you. The colors of the whole outfit (enhanced especially by the matching colors of that great cardigan and beautiful sweater) really work well together and give the whole outfit a warm, comfortable look.

In short: the outfit you’ve put together and the photos that show them ROCK, my friend!
:D :tup:

I'm such a big Fan of the thought, time and effort that you put into your posts.
Thank you -as always- for being so generous with your information and sharing Links that better enable your fellow Gearheads in chasing down similar leads that might suit their own collections.
The whole Club Obi Wan community of “club regulars” is among the most friendly, hospitable, knowledgable and GENEROUS of FanGroups I’ve ever seen… and your willingness to give to and share with this Community is unmatched.

Back to the cardigan: A great find. :) And again, that color could not suit you –and the MOTB outfit- better… Just perfect, really. It’s clear, too, that this is something you’ll probably have an easy time incorporating into your regular winter wardrobe and get good wear from it without having it just be something you’d use for this “costume”.

NOW, back again to the scarf: THIS beauty I am especially blown away by. Just absolutely gorgeous (and I can’t believe this is your sweetie’s FIRST time knitting! The color, material and design are all just beautiful.
:notworthy:
Michael, I’m sorry, but I’ll hate myself if I don’t shamelessly tell you that I’d love to own something like (well, EXACTLY like) that scarf. If your lovely partner ever decides to try her hand at a few more of these and would be willing to sell one to a BIG fan of this style of scarf… please consider sending me a PM on her behalf and then name the price!
(Can you tell I LIKE it?)
:D :D :D

Once again, VERY impressed by all of this, Michael… And by the way, you MAKE that beard WORK, my friend!
Awesome stuff here... I'm smiling for the rest of the day!
:TOH:
bish
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by bish »

Mitch LaRue wrote:I'm such a big Fan of the thought, time and effort that you put into your posts.
Thank you -as always- for being so generous with your information and sharing Links that better enable your fellow Gearheads in chasing down similar leads that might suit their own collections.
The whole Club Obi Wan community of “club regulars” is among the most friendly, hospitable, knowledgable and GENEROUS of FanGroups I’ve ever seen… and your willingness to give to and share with this Community is unmatched.
I'm very new to this community, but I couldn't agree with this sentiment more. Just in the short time I've been here as I've perused through past threads your contributions really stand out! In fact your thread on creating a SOC Marion costume is helping me put one together for my girlfriend. Your posts are very much appreciated by old and new members alike!

-bish :TOH:
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

Tundrarider wrote:The beard was the most difficult part of this whole thing! I acquired the unpleasant habit of fiddling with it with my fingers when reading, driving or thinking. :oops: Needless to say, I shaved right after the photo-shoot! \:D/
:lol:
I hear ya, pal! Shaved off mine within about an hour of finishing having my MotB shots taken!
Felt SO good to bring it all back down to a more groomed look. :)
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

TR, you never let me down with your choices!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Once again you've found the key to fit the niche!!!

That is one nice sweater, it makes mine pale in comparison. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

Michael, that sweater is the bee's knees!! I always love that you don't get hung up on the SA craziness. That's what keeps this hobby fun! :TOH:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

I agree. I dig your style man!
Ronski
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Ronski »

I love the way the color goes with the Henry!
TenuredProfessor
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by TenuredProfessor »

Michael, excellent review as always!!!! Man, every time I think I've got my gear dialed in, I come across another piece that I have just gotta have! ;) I wouldn't have it any other way though, it's the thrill of discovering new aspects of this hobby that keeps most of us in the game I suppose. Anyway, as with your Henry and subsequent superholder by Wade review, I'm sold on this cardigan! Keep up the great work! :TOH: You've got the MOTB look nailed!!!

David :TOH:
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Getting caught up with my COW reading. Michael, looking really good in the Duluth sweater. Especially for the heads up on the fit. I've heard these run large and you've helped confirm that.

How's the length of the sweater in relation to your Expedition? In the last picture it looks like your jacket is longer, but it's hard to tell. A pet peeve of mine is to have my sweater hang lower than my jacket.

Please pass along my compliments to your Sweetie for her knitting skills. Very well done.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Yeah, I thought that might be the case. I had a Wyoming sweater made while Magnoli was offering them and in my order sent him the length of my jacket and asked the sweater length be shorter.

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
IndyAZ
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by IndyAZ »

I love shawl sweaters, and that one looks top notch, may have to get one myself :clap:
singsingjohnny
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by singsingjohnny »

Wow, great sweater and awesome scarf...your lady is talented!

Good stuff, thanks for sharing. Your gear always looks so great, very inspiring!

:TOH:
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

Really nice sweater, Michael! Duluth is known for their quality, and their adventure shirt is still the best one that I own, SA aside, and certainly the most comfortable! Great choice! ;) :tup: