Show us your US Wings Antique COW Hero jackets

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Holt
Craftsman

Re: Show us your US Wings Antique COW Hero jackets

Post by Holt »

was thinking the same thing when I saw that picture. lol.
DOHERTYJAX
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by DOHERTYJAX »

I ordered the Hero jacket on the 25th. I had not heard anything as of today about shipping. I called US Wings and found out that they were out of stock in my size, and the jackets would not be in for another 6 to 8 weeks................ :cry:
HDRnR
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by HDRnR »

Why do some of these Hero jackets have snaps at the top and bottom? On Wing's website i only see the Signature with snaps.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

Mitch LaRue wrote:I've gotta say, I'm just LOVING the way the texture of that leather looks in these shots from NS... VERY nice!
:D :tup:
It's a quality dawg, Mitch LaRue-sky! ;)
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

HDRnR wrote:Why do some of these Hero jackets have snaps at the top and bottom? On Wing's website i only see the Signature with snaps.
When the jacket was first shown many members felt that the jacket had a "Last Crusade" look/vibe about it with the exception of the snaps. Many request were made to have the jacket offered with snaps and US Wings had a small run of 100 each made if I remember correctly. Both of my HERO jackets have snaps however, via the magic of photoshop, you will not see this on Wings website on my two jackets.
The jackets with snaps are probably long sold out and explain the absence of snaps on the jackets shown on the website. If I am not remembering something correctly Michaelson, Weston, IndyDawg, or Holt should be able to correct me.
Last edited by scot2525 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

Nothing has been said to me regarding the snaps, but my NZ Lamb and Antique Cowhide both them though they have been edited out of my pics as well. Obviously an easy fix to better represent what is currently offered.

I think you've got it right Scott, and the only correction I would offer is that you probably have snaps on your Hero jackets, not the Legend. :P

Weston
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

I corrected my post. #-o Sorry for any confusion.
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

Something WAS said to me about the snaps. But, I said I wouldn't post details of that exchange. I didn't say I wouldn't PM, however.
DOHERTYJAX
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by DOHERTYJAX »

After reading about the sizing I decided to change my order and go down a size. I received an email today saying the jacket should be shipped by Friday... I can not wait till it Arrives.....
DOHERTYJAX
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by DOHERTYJAX »

My Hero jacket arrived today. Thanks to this form I chose wisely when it came to the size. At the last minute I decided to downsize. I have had a Wested, a Todd's, and a Lucasfilm Ltd., and the fit was never quite right. This jacket fits me perfect. I was amazed with all the free goodies US Wings throws in with the purchase. I thought I was getting a hat. Not only did I get the hat, but I received a CD, Book, and ahtoghaphed picture of Sarge.....

The package came right before I had to leave for the night, so I was unable to take any pics yet..
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

"... Not only did I get the hat, but I received a CD, Book, and ahtoghaphed picture of Sarge.....

The package came right before I had to leave for the night, so I was unable to take any pics yet..[/quote]

When you get a chance, I'd love to know what's on the CD and the book...and pics, of course =)
DOHERTYJAX
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by DOHERTYJAX »

When you get a chance, I'd love to know what's on the CD and the book...and pics, of course =)[/quote]

The book is "The Life of a Warrior" The story of Sgt. David Hack.

The CD, which I thought was a DVD is an interview with Sgt. Hack.
DOHERTYJAX
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by DOHERTYJAX »

Here are some pics.....not the best quality. Jacket still has the tags on it as well as a fresh coat of Pecards

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj85 ... /hero4.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj85 ... /hero1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj85 ... /hero2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj85 ... /hero3.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is a pic of some of the free goodies, not including the ball cap.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj85 ... estuff.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

[quote="DOHERTYJAX"]Here are some pics.....not the best quality. Jacket still has the tags on it as well as a fresh coat of Pecards

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj85 ... /hero4.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks right on you!
I've never used it, what exactly does Pecards do for the jacket? Is it a protectant that will slow down natural aging? Which did you use...spray, creame...and does it affect the color? :-k
DOHERTYJAX
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by DOHERTYJAX »

It protects and preserves the leather. I use the cream. And yes it will darken the leather
Dr. Nebraska S.

Post by Dr. Nebraska S. »

DOHERTYJAX wrote:Here are some pics.....not the best quality. Jacket still has the tags on it as well as a fresh coat of Pecards

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj85 ... /hero4.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj85 ... /hero1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj85 ... /hero2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj85 ... /hero3.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is a pic of some of the free goodies, not including the ball cap.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj85 ... estuff.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DOHERTYJAX, the jacket suits you quite well! :tup:

:TOH: Best wishes,
Nebraska Schulte
DOHERTYJAX
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by DOHERTYJAX »

DOHERTYJAX, the jacket suits you quite well! :tup:

Nebraska Schulte[/quote]

Thanks, I really love it. Only problem is that it is officially too hot in Florida now to get any use out of it.... :)
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

DOHERTYJAX wrote:DOHERTYJAX, the jacket suits you quite well! :tup:

Nebraska Schulte

Thanks, I really love it. Only problem is that it is officially too hot in Florida now to get any use out of it.... :)[/quote]

Please send some of that heat to the Pacific Northwest - we could use it here ;)
DOHERTYJAX
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by DOHERTYJAX »

nicktheguy wrote:
DOHERTYJAX wrote:DOHERTYJAX, the jacket suits you quite well! :tup:

Nebraska Schulte

Thanks, I really love it. Only problem is that it is officially too hot in Florida now to get any use out of it.... :)
Please send some of that heat to the Pacific Northwest - we could use it here ;)[/quote]
:lol: Wish I could..I am originally from New Jersey.......I miss the cold weather
CanadianRaider
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by CanadianRaider »

I'm really glad I picked this jacket up. I've only had it for about 3 weeks, but It's clearly better in every department compared to my OTR Wested Last Crusade, which I only got in late January. Enough so that I'm planning on selling the Wested because I doubt I'm going to wear it much anymore. Not to mention due to customs/duty, the USW Hero ended up being about 140 cheaper. Oh well. At least I have a jacket that I'm quite happy with. It's hard to beat the price and the quality on this one.
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

WELCOME CanadianRaider!
:)
and Congrats on the new jacket!

I know that was your first actual Post, but if you've been checking out this place over the last few days you've probably realized how much we love seeing photos of a new piece of Gear.
So, if you'd like to, please feel free to post a few photos of your new jacket... we'd love to see 'em.
:TOH:
61ButteMT
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Show us your US Wings Antique COW Hero jackets

Post by 61ButteMT »

Hey guys, noob here, but only to this forum, not jackets ;)
I recognize lots of the pix here from the USWINGS site having spent a ton of time not only looking, but buying.
The one I'm waiting on now is this Indy Hero, in COW!
I have a USW COW A2 and it's superb! I'm 6'-4", 240 lbs. so it's hard to find OTR jackets that fit. I keep coming home hoping the Indy arrived - my C.O.W. forum approval finally came today, so I thought it was an omen ;)
Well, it didn't come, but I've been reading all the threads (14 pages on this alone) I can and what a fun (and educational) site you have!
I highly recommend USWINGS as I've bought three jackets in the last month. If you can go up a notch, the Schott-made pieces are also fantastic. I've got a lot of Schott and my jackets are mostly WWII US inspired/styled. I thought I'd take a chance on an Indy not knowing if it would be "my style" so I'm excited about receiving it.
The military jackets will definitely be too warm soon here in Pasadena, so I hope the Indy can take me a little longer into summer before the triple-digits arrive.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. Great site, and I'm happy to be here...finally :)

Scott
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

A warm Welcome to you, Scott!
(Oh... and don't worry about "rambling", I can assure you from experience that they let you keep your Membership here even if you do that from time to time.)
;)

Good luck with your jacket!
61ButteMT
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by 61ButteMT »

Mitch LaRue wrote:A warm Welcome to you, Scott!
(Oh... and don't worry about "rambling", I can assure you from experience that they let you keep your Membership here even if you do that from time to time.)
;)

Good luck with your jacket!
Thanks Mitch! Looks like they were out this week and I'll get it next Tuesday. Was thinkin' of pulling the trigger on the Striated Lamb version, but I think I'll wait to see how I like the COW first. :tup:
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

a year in already.

wonderfull jacket.

EDIT
Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

Cool pictures Holt. I really dig the LC outfit! I know the Hero wasn't marketed as an LC specific jacket, but man does it look the part! :TOH:

Weston
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

thanks.

I figured I could post a few in this thread since it's now a year old. more pictures in the scrapbook section.
Mitch LaRue
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mitch LaRue »

This is a great look for you.
:)
bobcatmvp1
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by bobcatmvp1 »

Does anyone know Sarge's direct e-mail at US Wings?
RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

bobcatmvp1 wrote:Does anyone know Sarge's direct e-mail at US Wings?
I think it's sarge@uswings.com. but you can always use their regular email and put attention serge's in the subject line
Dr. Nebraska S.

Eric, I think your jacket looks even better today than when you first got it, my friend. :clap:

Here's a couple of photos I got of mine at Disneyland last night--I thought though dark, they show the drape and some of the color nuances of the jacket:

Weston
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Weston »

I love it Nebraska! Did you dress it? Mine has no gloss whatsoever. Yours looks great!

Weston
Dr. Nebraska S.

Weston wrote:I love it Nebraska! Did you dress it? Mine has no gloss whatsoever. Yours looks great!

Weston
Thanks, Weston. :TOH: Nope, no dressing--and it doesn't normally have any gloss to it. I think that's just from the flash, since it was almost midnight when the photos were taken.

Nebraska Schulte
Sgt.
Vendor

Post by Sgt. »

Nebraska Schulte wrote:Eric, I think your jacket looks even better today than when you first got it, my friend. :clap:

Here's a couple of photos I got of mine at Disneyland last night--I thought though dark, they show the drape and some of the color nuances of the jacket:

After looking at Eric and then yours I put My jacket in the trunk of the Car for my Vacation at Hilton Head next week.. I not only love the look but love the weight and I gave My 30th Indy Lamb to Weston and can't leave town without an Indy Jacket..

Sarge
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

an update on my AC HERO jacket I got last year in may and have pretty much worn it ever since.

it has been thru sun, rain, snow, storms, just about everything. I've had this thing on while moving house. it really took on some nice distressing then. it only has one pecards rubb on it and I don't intend on giving it another anytime soon. I really like how this thing is ageing.

needless to say, I really love this jacket. it has become my KotCS jacket. heck! I think it looks even better then the CS jacket!!

RayROnline
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by RayROnline »

Holt wrote:an update on my AC HERO jacket I got last year in may and have pretty much worn it ever since.

it has been thru sun, rain, snow, storms, just about everything. I've had this thing on while moving house. it really took on some nice distressing then. it only has one pecards rubb on it and I don't intend on giving it another anytime soon. I really like how this thing is ageing.

needless to say, I really love this jacket. it has become my KotCS jacket. heck! I think it looks even better then the CS jacket!!

It has Great Character. Love it =)
steerpike
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by steerpike »

Holt wrote: it has become my KotCS jacket. heck! I think it looks even better then the CS jacket!!
As we chatted about it Holt, I strongly have to agree with you! And soon I'll post pics of mine, more than 1 year old AC Hero
Holt
Craftsman

Post by Holt »

:tup:
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

Looks good Holt! I will have to get to a few new photo's of mine up, as this jacket has seen far more wear than any Indy jacket I have or had owned.
dnn1314
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by dnn1314 »

Hello guys! I'm new to this site as of Jan. 8, 2012 and I gotta say I love it! Not sure if this is the right post to place this but here I go. I'm interested in the US Wings Texas Steerhide "Legend" Jacket because it's a more of a tailored, trimmer fit. I'm conerned about the sleeve length thou. Does anybody know if they are the same as a regular jacket? I don't want them to be too short. I was also looking at the Antique Cowhide jacket in a Medium size but i'm afaid that the body and arm holes might be too big. They did say to order a size smaller on that jacket (Antigue Cowhide) if you want a more trimmer fit which I would get a small then. I'm really having a hard time with this, so many to choose from...LOL...Any help would be appreciated. I'v always wanted a real Indy jacket, I'v always had to made do with the one I have, I'll post a pic of it whenever i figure out how to do it. Thanks in advance for any help, ad again this is a great site!! David
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Well, you might want to post this question in a 'Legend' thread, as this thread is solely purposed to the discussion of their 'Hero' pattern.

They're completely different patterns and jackets. :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
The Librarian
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by The Librarian »

Well I did it. I finally drank the Kool-Ade. :lol:
After must reading on here and seeing all the fine examples of this jacket, I pulled the trigger and bought one today. :) I emailed Sarge about my size and he confirmed I'd be better fitted by an XL Long. My birthday is coming up and this is my present to me.
Will post pictures when it arrives.
I asked in the Additional Info box about storm flap snaps (that's a great band name). Do they still have them?

Marty
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Hard to day. I'd guess probably not. They have never been big fans of the storm flap snap, even though it's completely functional.

They were on some of the first iterations, but later offerings were dropped.

That said, they're not that difficult to either install yourself, or HAVE installed.

Regards! Michaelson
The Librarian
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by The Librarian »

Michaelson wrote:Hard to day. I'd guess probably not. They have never been big fans of the storm flap snap, even though it's completely functional.

They were on some of the first iterations, but later offerings were dropped.

That said, they're not that difficult to either install yourself, or HAVE installed.

Regards! Michaelson
Ok, thanks.

Marty
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Yeah, David Hack used to tease me all the time, as I was ALWAYS asking for at least the bottom snap be included on the storm flaps.

Dang it, they're functional! ;)

Regards! Michaelson
The Librarian
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by The Librarian »

WOW! :o Just got the UPS tracking info. It'll be here Monday! :D Day before my birthday! Maybe, when it gets here, I'll gift wrap it and wait till Tuesday to open it and wear it it.
NOT!!!

Marty
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Nah. Put it on and sing 'Happy Birthday to ME!!!' a day early. \:D/

From what I see of the weather, you may NEED it come Monday. :-k

Regards! Michaelson
morethanatimelord
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by morethanatimelord »

Posted this in its own thread but now i know its a US Wings hero jacket i thought id add it here

Shot at 2012-02-27
The Librarian
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by The Librarian »

morethanatimelord wrote:Posted this in its own thread but now i know its a US Wings hero jacket i thought id add it here

Shot at 2012-02-27
Looks great on you. Making me even more anxious for mine to arrive.
Off topic, that's a lovely home you have. ;)

Marty
morethanatimelord
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by morethanatimelord »

The Librarian wrote:
morethanatimelord wrote:Posted this in its own thread but now i know its a US Wings hero jacket i thought id add it here

Shot at 2012-02-27
Looks great on you. Making me even more anxious for mine to arrive.
Off topic, that's a lovely home you have. ;)

Marty

lol! yes, but the heating bill is a nightmare :lol: