Improving a pair of 80s german police trousers

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

nihil
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Improving a pair of 80s german police trousers

Post by nihil »

I got a pair of very well fitting German police trousers. I know a few details are off, but on the whole they are a good substitute.
There are however a few things that doesn't really appeal to me. First off, the width of the legs seem to be too wide at the bottom. Does anyone know exactly how wide they are supposed to be?

I also need to tamper slightly with the length, but I can't do that properly before I have fixed the width.

Plus a few other smaller details, like the belt loops that could be more smaller. They are made like Todds, which I believe are too big.
matt1466
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Re: Improving a pair of 80s german police trousers

Post by matt1466 »

I just won two pair of these pants on Ebay. For me, they're close enough without alteration but understand what you mean. Are your trousers labeled "Bund?"
nihil
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: Improving a pair of 80s german police trousers

Post by nihil »

Yes they are.
I got the longest size avalible, but they are not long enough for me, and therefore do not get the right look. I also think that if they are taken down a bit (there are extra material to let down), the width are goinf to make the rear of the trousers drag on the ground. Thats why I'm very interested in knowing how wide SA trousers are at the bottom.