Comparison of WPG bag color to original MK VII from S of F

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Starman Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Comparison of WPG bag color to original MK VII from S of F

Post by Starman Jones »

The Soldier of Fortune bag is $19, but by the time you buy a Keppler strap, the cost is the same. the S of F requires some UNdistressing in terms of the metal componets. Image
I fingered out how to inser an image. Duh!
Last edited by Starman Jones on Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalexs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dalexs »

Starman,

No good on the link. Shutterfly wants you to log in to view. You may have to adjust a "Sharing" setting somewhere in there.
I know that's how Yahoo Photos works.

Dalexs
Starman Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

sharing

Post by Starman Jones »

Strange. I click on the link in my post and I go there. I do remember seeing something about share with a friend. I'll check it out.
Starman Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Starman Jones »

Sharing requires I send it to an e-mail address.
skywlkr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: sharing

Post by skywlkr »

Starman Jones wrote:Strange. I click on the link in my post and I go there. I do remember seeing something about share with a friend. I'll check it out.
The link works for you because your computer probably has a cookie from the site that tells it you're a registered member and have access to viewing the pictures.

Luke
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

Starman,
How much was shipping on the soldier of fortune bag?

Thanks
I J
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Neolithic »

James, I ordered some of these same bags- they didn't charge for shipping which was strange- and I am in Australia... practically the other side of the world...
Starman Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Starman Jones »

Shipping to the US is $5.91. A caveat about the bags. This may apply only to mine. The bag is in good shape, fabricwise, except for a very dank smell. There were no rips, tears or holes, and all the stitching is good. There is a black band about 3/8 inch wide drawn around the botom part. I don't think anything wil remove it without destroying the fabric. I tried cleaning mine up a bit using carpet spot remover on the entire bag but it had litle efect. There were some creases in the bags that had ben in there for many years. I sprayed the entire bag with fabric sizing, and inserted hard cover boks and tightly stuffed rags in the bag to stretch out the wrinkles. BTW, fabric sizing is NOT starch. it is normaly used to restore the body and finish of permanent press clothing. The biggest chore wil be restoring the metal work. The brass snaps and vent clean up well with any brass cleaner, but the disk and strap rings are a dark gray. If you have the patience you can bring them back to a bright finish with #600 emery paper. Swindiana sugested steel wol pads containg soap, but that didn't work for me Otherwise it is an excellent bag that definitely needs no distresing. BTW, you can spray it with Febreze to rid it of the strong musty smell. Once finished and equipped with a Keppler strap it should be a beauty. BTW, I am NOT a lousy speller. Apparently my wife has been dinking with my keyboard settings. I can't type double letters quickly. :evil:
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

Febreze has been known to leave tiny spots on some fabrics, it might on a darker green like your bag. But you never know, you could just give it a good wash in bucket, with some warm soapy water....

Thanks for the shipping info fellas!

I J
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Neolithic »

Mine came this morning. I ordered three of the suckers- one of which did not have the black band, although the disc wasn't in the best condition on this one. I'll just transfer the disc from one of the others.
Trevelyan
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Trevelyan »

Neolithic, you're in the future! Sorry, a little immature time zone joke. Anyway, when did you order your bags? I ordered three also, and I was just wondering when I might expect them. Hopefully, Monday will be the day.
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Neolithic »

Marty- you've gotta come back with me! :-) :roll:
Couldn't resist.

Ordered last week- Wednesday (which is your Tuesday night?)
Trevelyan
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Back.....To the future.

Post by Trevelyan »

Thanks. I ordered mine right around then, so it should be coming soon. And you're 17 hours ahead of me, so you are correct.
Swindiana
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Swindiana »

Good on you lads! They are great to deal with as I remember and do know their stuff.

Regards
Swindiana
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

Do they only carry the MKVII bag, or do they have MKVI's in stock, too?
I have 3 MKVII bags, but I want to get my hands on an unissued MKVI, because I'd like the extra storage space they provide, with the pockets on the back.
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Neolithic »

Just for some variation- here's another comparison with the WPG bag of the SoF bags I got this morning, and boy do they smell musty.