Finding Keppler.

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Starman Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Finding Keppler.

Post by Starman Jones »

I understand Keppler is the go to man for MK VII bag straps. How does one get in touch with him.

Question: how do you embed images in a post?

Thanks for your help.

Starman
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

Try this: http://www.adventure-supply.com/index.html
From the pics I've seen, the fedora is a must have. Good luck.
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

Hey Starman!
Try fotki.com or shutterfly.com follow their directions to upload pics. Then while looking at your uploaded pic, right click, and go to properties. Highlight and save the adress of the pic, then just click the image (img) button above, place the adress , then click the image button again! Hope that makes sense!

And Lee can be found at http://www.adventure-supply.com/

Cheers
I J
Dalexs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dalexs »

what IndianaJames means is when you are formating a message, there is a button [img] that you use to paste the location of the image you want.
Close the tag and you should be able to see it. Where ever you're hosting your avatar from should work.

Keep in mind, some free services don't allow outside linking OR have bandwidth restrictions.

Also, try to keep any images you post to a reasonable size.

(I was gonna be a smart ars and say "read the FAQs" but then I checked and they don't really help!) :?
Lee Keppler
Vendor

Post by Lee Keppler »

Or, 619-647-6744 Lee
IndianaGuybrush
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaGuybrush »

And DO NOT hesitate to call Lee on the phone. He is a great guy and always willing to discuss anything to do with his products. In fact, while hanging around these forums waiting for my new Keppler Raiders lid to get made and shipped, I did a fairly good job of spooking myself into thinking I hade made a mistake in the measurements I had given Lee. Well I gave him a call, left a message and he got back to me within 5 minutes. 5 minutes later I was hanging up the phone feeling completely reassured about my soon to be new fedora. Seriously, the guy is very easy to talk to and extremely helpful :tup: He gets the official Guybrush seal of approval.

This brings up an interesting point. A lot of us new gearheads can spook incredibly easy, especially in the time it takes custom items like a Wested or a custom made fedora to arrive. Fellow beginners, keep in mind that we just started, and we are going to make mistakes. in fact, i am convicned we have to make mistakes, because otherwise we are never going to learn. We can do all the research we want, but in the end it's experience that is going to tell you whether or not you need the extra inch added to the front of your Wested, or whether you need a trimmed down brim to make a Raiders fedora look good on your face. And when we learn, and learn we shall, it shal be to the sound of this =D>

... OK sorry, by the end I felt as if I was addressing a bunch of gladiators.... but my point still stands :wink:

EDIT : hmm, appears the little "clappy" emoticon isn't working... well that sure as heck takes the steam out of that visual gag
GCR
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by GCR »

It's actually a very good point Guybrush, one I definately agree with.

When I was first exposed to the world of "authentic" Indy Gear 4 or 5 years ago (thanks to this site) I knew I had to have a Wested. The hat was important too, but I could never find a jacket that seemed right anywhere around here, no matter how hard I tried. So I went for the Wested and ended up giving them measurements that were a *bit* too conservative. When I finally got around to ordering a new one, I knew just what to specify in order for the jacket to fit perfect. And it does. :D

-GCR
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Sorry, I don't totally agree, folks. That's why this site is here....to have folks share their experience WITH new folks, so they DON'T have to make the same mistakes over and over again. Experience is a great thing....but not when it's a useless experience, and one that could have been completely circumvented by taking the advice of someone who has been there, done it, and has the shirt to prove it. Just MY 2 cents worth. Regards. Michaelson
IndianaGuybrush
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaGuybrush »

And a valuable $.02 it is Michaelson. I completely agree with you about this site, it has already provided an invaluable resource for me and I have only been checking it out for a month or so. My point was that there are some things that need to be experienced in order for people to learn. For instance, the issue I brought up about the extra length in the Wested. As I don't have mine yet (counting the seconds) i really don't know whether or not to get the extra 1" to 1.5", I won't know that until I get it; however, because of this site I DID know that it might be an issue, and I was able to bring it up to Peter and get his advice on the matter. In the end I ordered the extra inch with the idea that if it turned out I didn't need it, it's easier to remove an inch of leather than it is to add one on. Again, the only reason I even knew that this might be an issue was because of the wonderful collection of information and experience in this forum.

In short (too late) what it comes down to is that there is a lot of incredibly useful information on this site, all of it coming from personal experience from it's members. To someone who is just starting this info can be overwhelming, because of the myriad of varying opinions on any given subject. Some time the only way to learn for sure is to check it out yourself ;)

Thanks folks, I just wanted to be clear on what I was saying
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Understood, and agreed! :tup: Regards. Michaelson