Raiders Style Shirt

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

IndyFan71
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Raiders Style Shirt

Post by IndyFan71 »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have been looking for a Raiders-specific SA shirt for awhile so I can update my gear prior to this Halloween where I'm a regular out our city's "Boo in the Zoo" event. I currently own the Wested shirt which has become a bit of a eyesore to me now that I've become so detail-oriented with the gear. I looked in to Adventure Built, but they have no photos or prices on thier website and I've yet to get a response to my e-mails (not a bad thing, just a statement of fact). I've also been checking daily and anxiously for Azuma to open up buying on this shirts, but no luck yet. Finally, I've also looked at Magnoli's, but am not ready to pay over $100 when there may still be options out there between now and October. With all that being said, have I left any vendor out for looking for a "Raiders" SA shirt?

I'm not looking for who's best--I'm just asking for who'd I miss?

Thank you,

IndyFan71
Last edited by IndyFan71 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Re: Raiders Style Shirt

Post by Texan Scott »

WPG:

http://www.whatpriceglory.com/shopdispl ... Jones+Gear" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IndyFan71
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndyFan71 »

Thanks for your reply Texan Scott. I had failed to mention in my initial post that I'd also looked at WPG and Todd's. The problem with both is that the epaulette ends with the button pretty much over the pleat. I notice in the Raiders screen caps that the butt and epaulettes in Raiders actually land about an inch past that, closer to the collar. The NH/MBA, AB and Magnoli's shirts seem to capture this detail quite well. I was hoping there was another vendor that did as well, but with a shirt in the $50-$60 price range.

Cheers,

Indyfan71
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

Mine ends about 1/2" past it, if that is of any help? Nevertheless, good luck in your selection. ;)
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

Well you really can't be picky if you're not ready to spend the money. That's why we call them "close enoughs"

Kyle
darkhelmet
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by darkhelmet »

Seriously, don't drive yourself nuts. NO ONE is going to know the epaulets are just a tad "wrong".

Todd makes a great shirt at a great price. It's as close as you're going to get.
jlhampton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jlhampton »

After reading this, I took notice to both of my Todd's shirts. I have an old one of the first run and a more recent one about three months old. The newer one's epaulet is directly over the pleat, and the old one runs past it about 1 3/4''. For the price and quality of Todd's shirt, you can't go wrong. The color......well,...that can be tweaked to one's liking with a little more lightening and just the slightest touch of gray, ...it's there. It's a very comfortable shirt. After washing it a dozen times, the fabric is pretty awesome. The WPG., is a little heavier. The fabric is a bit more stiff and the seams are a little beefier, but the color is great,however, you have the whole epaulet thing. So, whatta ya do?

I do eventually want to get an Adventurebuilt shirt. All I've heard is good things about it here.

jlhampton
IndyFan71
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndyFan71 »

Kyle, you were spot on about not being picky if I'm not ready to spend the money. I went full throttle on the Aldens, and I'm glad I wasn't picky there. I do, however, want to check to see if I'd missed any vendors as alternatives before diving into a Magnoli shirt, which seems to be my sole option since NH/MBAs are scarce. Jthamptom, I was trying to find out more about AB, but haven't had any luck contacting them through the link on their page. Do you know how much thier shirts run?

Thanks,

Indyfan71
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

IIRC AB shirts run around $100

Kyle
IndyFan71
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndyFan71 »

Well, then. It appears I'm simply going to have to adjust my sites to the $100 range if I really want accuracy. With that said, any opinions on Magnoli's or AB.

Thanks,

Indyfan71
Adventure Dog
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Adventure Dog »

As a PROUD owner of my AB (Bought off the bazaar), I can tell you right now that it will NOT be the shirt you desire. The epaulettes are a little on the shoulder forward and not as long as the Raiders shirt. Color? Amazing. Spot on. Arms are nice and long. I will put up pictures later so you can see and decide for yourself.

My two cents on the subject?
1. Buy a WPG LONG and use the extra material at the bottom to make new, longer epaulettes.
2. Buy Magnoli.
3. Wait for Azuma and his Raider's shirt run (which we all are eagerly anticipating). I imagine that his run of Raider's shirts will be the most accurate.
IndyFan71
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndyFan71 »

Folks,

Thanks for the input. I've heard nothing but great things about Azuma and will hold out for a couple months to see if a run starts up. Other than that, I believe I've got it from here thanks to your suggestions. Adventure Dog, I'd love to see a picture of your AB, if you're still up for posting it.

Cheers,

Indyfan71
backstagejack
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by backstagejack »

I can attest that I own an Azuma LC and I LOVE it. But I still crave the Raiders shirt as that coloring is my favorite. I will gladly buy one from Azuma asap.
Photoss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Photoss »

I should warn you, Magnoli's shirt - though fantastic and and sturdy - does not wrinkle nearly enough as would match what's on screen in Raiders. I wear mine all the time and love it, but if you're looking for the exact Raiders look, a WPG or AB would be better imho.
knibs7
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by knibs7 »

I was lucky enough to get a NH Raiders shirt a few years back. I have 3 NH/MBA shirts, 3 Magnoli shirts, 4 Azuma shirts, and one Todd's shirt and I can say that the closest material to the NH is definitely Azuma.

Kyle