Great News For Gear Wearers

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

DocIndyJones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Great News For Gear Wearers

Post by DocIndyJones »

In the latest issuse of Men's Health (on sale at local newsstands) they have the "Spring Style Issue" where they cover the upcoming "Hot" fashions for men this Spring and it looks as if the Indy Shirt is one of those items as seen in the photos below.

The title of the artical is "The Offical Shirt of the Indiana Jones DVD Box Set" and above that it saws "Key Looks...Safrai"

Not that any of us really follow the recent fashion trends or anything it just it seems that this time we are ahead of the curve... looks like this spring we won't seem so out of place in todays world.

-Doc
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

I would need a 1939 issue of Esquire to get my fashions from.
Starman Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Starman Jones »

Shirt doesn't seem correct. Where are the false pleats that run down each side of the front? Is it long sleeved?
Indiana Neri
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Rhode Island: The Tiny State That's Actually NOT An Island...and no, I'm not from "Quahog"

Post by Indiana Neri »

Hey! I Think I have that shirt! I bought one (before discovering COW) in WDW, Orlando. It's not accurate in anway, it also has the "Indiana Jones Adventure Wear" logo on the left breast pocket. Not to mention it's pretty heavy...I think it's cotton.

Indy N. :wink:
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

The sleeves look rolled up.
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

Sex Secrets! 25 Ways to Drive Her Wild. Woah!

First step is to get an Akubra and learn to wear it with dignity.

Second step is to shut off the TV or Computer and actually spend some time with her.

Third, Conversation: Nothing drive girls wild then a man who can actually strings words together to forum sentences and express ideas.

Fourth, Take her to places where she’s never been before… out on the trail, the ocean, and the exotic restaurant you’ve passed countless times but never stopped.

Fifth, Two Words: Fettuccini Alfrado

Should I go on?

As for that shirt… nothing says Sophistication then a variety of Safari Shirts.
Starman Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Starman Jones »

The Cabela's safari shirt is still the closest I've see, both in color and style. To make it about 95% accurate, all you have to do is find some matching fabric and have a seamtress or tailor sew the false pleats on.

I hope Peter is able to keep his replicas at a reasonable price. I'm sure he's outsourcing the pants and shirts, and they will be low-production items. That usually means high cost. In my area a tailor-made shirt is $95. I hope Peter is able to keep his price below that.
DocIndyJones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Misunderstood me

Post by DocIndyJones »

I wasn't saying THIS was an Indiana Jones Shirt all I was saying was that a national mens magazine was saying "Safari" shirts will be in style this spring... and I'm sure we all have a selection of them in our closets is all.

-Doc
cyclops
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Hats are back

Post by cyclops »

A UK radio show was discussing the fact that hats are starting to come back in style as well - with fedoras getting a mention (as well as bowlers and tribys)

In addition I've seen a lot of pre-distressed brown leather jackets in the shops lately....

Seems to me that this is a site for wannabe fashion victims :D
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

You never want to be in fashion, but you always want to be in style.

I really wish that the “Golden Era” clothes would come back for the main stream. I think it’s going to happen sooner or later if only for a short while because of some huge media event or as a back-lash against the current trend of dressing like under-weight juvenile slobs.

Doesn’t matter, either way… I’m going to just keep doing what I’m doing.
rick5150
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by rick5150 »

Ummm, correct me if I am wrong (I am at work and do not have the magazine on hand) but I saw this as well. Check the page where they tell you where you can get the items for each page and how much they cost. You may find that that is listed as a "leather" shirt (or something like that)and cost more than a Wested... I thought it was either $255 or $355 for it! At first I thought it may be a practical summer shirt, but now... not too practical. In my younger days (early 1970's) I had a bunch of suede shirts. I loved them, but the dry-cleaning makes them impractical. I am not sure if the "leather" is the name of the style or the actual material... My .02
arkstatler
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by arkstatler »

rick5150 wrote:Check the page where they tell you where you can get the items for each page and how much they cost.

Shirt $375, pants $125. From the description I believe the pants and the shirt are supposed to be leather. Can't tell much about the pants, but the shirt doesn't look leather to me. Then again, I've never had a leather shirt, so I might not recognize one if I saw one.

I guess my first thought when I saw this particular photo in my magazine was "I guess this is how they would dress Indy on an episode of Queer Eye For The Adventurer Guy".

I think I'll stick to my Cabela's shirts.
Starman Jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Starman Jones »

Fisk, right on for the retro look. that wasn't fashion, it was style. When I was in the corporate world, I mostly wore double-breasted suits. I'm seeing more and more fedoras on TV shows, not only on the lead characters but some of the extras as well.