Todd’s Shirt

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

wild_weasel
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Todd’s Shirt

Post by wild_weasel »

I ordered a Todd’s shirt and I’m very pleased with the fit and quality. My actual measurements are 6’1”, 215#, 15.5” neck, 43” chest, 33” sleeve, and 43” waist, the Large fits me great.

Cheers,
W-W
Soup
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Todd’s Shirt

Post by Soup »

Todd makes a nice shirt, have had mine awhile now. Good everyday shirt too. :TOH:

Glad it fits you well.

Regards,

Soup
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

Just wait until you've worn it a bunch and washed it. It will be so so so so nice. I have several and they are my favorite shirts to wear. Super comfy and cool looking to boot.

Congrats on your purchase! :clap:
wild_weasel
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by wild_weasel »

Ordered a WPG LARGE Indy shirt last night, I'll post a comparison once it arrives.

Cheers,
W-W
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

How is the tail length on the Todd shirt? W>
wild_weasel
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by wild_weasel »

@ WConly

From the bottom of the collar to the tail measures 32”.

Cheers,
W-W
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Thank you sir! It is appreciated. l really like that shirt! W>
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

I love mine, too - I've got 2, and my "first run" shirt is my favorite shirt to wear!

Like RaidersBash said - wait until you've washed it. Then it'll be *awesome!* :tup:

Shane
wild_weasel
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by wild_weasel »

Hello,

As I have mentioned I’m a civilian contractor in Afghanistan. To mix things up as they say here I have decided that Friday is now Indiana Jones Shirt Day, so I’m wearing my Indy shirt to work today.

Cheers,
W-W
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I haven't even worn my Todd's yet, which I picked up at the QM last November, but I already want another. I'm hopeless! #-o At any rate, it looks great, even next to my Noel Howard shirt, and it fits very well. A bit too much sleeve, but I have stubby arms.
wild_weasel
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by wild_weasel »

@ Chewbacca,

I hope to make the upcoming Queen Mary Summit this November while on leave, if not home for good. At any rate I want to stop over in San Francisco long enough to pick up a pair of Alden 405s on the way home.

Cheers,
W-W
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

I hope you make it, WW. The QM is quite a fun bash. I wish I could go every year.
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

wild_weasel wrote:Hello,

As I have mentioned I’m a civilian contractor in Afghanistan. To mix things up as they say here I have decided that Friday is now Indiana Jones Shirt Day, so I’m wearing my Indy shirt to work today.

Cheers,
W-W
I would think they'd make a nice desert tactical shirt, breathable and looks good to boot. How'd it fair Whiskey-Whiskey? :H:
wild_weasel
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by wild_weasel »

@ RaidersBash

I'm happy to report that the first Indy Shirt Friday went well. If you look up the weather for Bagram, Afghanistan yesterday you'll see that it was overcast and in the mid 90s F. The shirt was cool and comfortable and my ROTLA brown belt did a great job holding my cargo pants up. The Indy shirt fit right in with the tactical clothing that most civilians wear here.

Cheers,
W-W
Victoryhats
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Victoryhats »

I just received my new Todd's shirt in Large, it fits me a bit snug if someone is looking to purchase one mine is available, please send pm if interested.

Edit - No longer available
indyclone
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by indyclone »

Victoryhats wrote:I just received my new Todd's shirt in Large, it fits me a bit snug if someone is looking to purchase one mine is available, please send pm if interested.

Edit - No longer available
oh darn!
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

I finally wore mine, in summery weather all day outdoors. I have to say, it's a very comfortable shirt, even in the heat. I'm very happy with it.
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Got mine last week, into the wash it went to get the wrinkles. \:D/
Here's a pic atop Mt. Washington.

Love the feel and fit of this shirt, can't wait to wear it again.
And ya, it was some windy........................ :)

Croft :mrgreen:
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

I got XL at first from Todd back in `09,it was too big, sent it back and asked for a smaller size,got me a Large and it was a perfect fit !!!
Enjoy the **** out of it!!! :TOH: :tup:
Jedirun
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Todd’s Shirt

Post by Jedirun »

Here is my XL after being shrunk in the wash. It ended up fitting perfectly.

For reference. 6 feet tall with long arms and legs. 40" chest, 170 lbs.

It looks more SA than my WPG on me, but that may be a sizing issue with the WPG.

:TOH: Dr. Jones
wild_weasel
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by wild_weasel »

@ Jedirun

I measure 6'1", 15.5" neck, 43" chest, and 42" waist and the Todd's shirt I recently bought in LARGE fits me great, even after washing it twice and line drying it. Interesting that the XL fits you so well. Both my Todd's and WPG LARGE shirts fit me about the same, not too restrictive yet not baggy either.

Cheers,
W-W
Jedirun
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Todd’s Shirt

Post by Jedirun »

It may be that I dried it in the dryer. It was a little big so I wanted it to shrink. I got lucky that it ended up ok.

It will be line dried from now on.

jlhampton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by jlhampton »

This is very interesting to me, guys, because I recently got another Todds shirt in xl and I'm swimming in it. I'm 6'-1'', about 197-200 lbs, 16'' neck, 46'' chest and 38''-39'' waist. My prior shirt was one of his first run shirts in xl which fit fairly well at the time. Since then I dropped some weight, but i figured I could get the same size and take it in a little in the torso and it would be fine. Maybe it was just a fluke with the one I got, but the newer xl is way larger than the old one. I pinned off about three inches on each side and it is still too big for me. I also have a W.P.G. in large and it fits so much better, but i just love how Todd's is made and the feel of the fabric. If I purchase another of his, it will have to be a large or even a medium.

jlhampton
Jedirun
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Jedirun »

It was surprising to me as well. I purchased the shirt at Todd's warehouse. I was planning on trying a large, but they were out of stock. I tried on an XL and it was not bad at all. It shrank just the right amount to fit perfectly.

I also have a WPG that I purchased in small long after measuring some of my shirts. It actually fits me like a fitted dress shirt with the exception of the sleeves being a little too short. It does not fit like an Indy shirt, and I would not want to go climbing around in it because I would probably tear it. I wear it as an everyday shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

Interestingly, I also purchased a Bantu Wind jacket while I was there. I tried on the large and although I knew the sleeves would be too short, It was also a little tight in the chest. I tried on the XL and it fit great and the sleeve length was even right.

jlhampton,

Maybe if you throw it in the dryer it will fit right. If not, if you send me the measurements and it is close to my shirt, I would be happy to take it off of your hands.

lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

jlhampton wrote:This is very interesting to me, guys, because I recently got another Todds shirt in xl and I'm swimming in it. I'm 6'-1'', about 197-200 lbs, 16'' neck, 46'' chest and 38''-39'' waist. My prior shirt was one of his first run shirts in xl which fit fairly well at the time. Since then I dropped some weight, but i figured I could get the same size and take it in a little in the torso and it would be fine. Maybe it was just a fluke with the one I got, but the newer xl is way larger than the old one. I pinned off about three inches on each side and it is still too big for me. I also have a W.P.G. in large and it fits so much better, but i just love how Todd's is made and the feel of the fabric. If I purchase another of his, it will have to be a large or even a medium.

jlhampton
Jihampton,
I'm glad I saw your post because you and I are about the same measurements. I returned some 38x33 pants to Todd and asked about his shirts. I have very big shoulders and most L shirts end up being to tight in the chest because of it. I'm leaning towards XL and if it's a bit baggy then I'll wash and dry it a couple times to shrink it. Looks like that worked for the above poster.

Here's the email.

Thanks Todd,
I ended up buying another pair of 39x33 after my other pair got shrunk. I've decided to return the 38x33 and thing I will get your Indy shirt. I wear a XL, 17-17.5 neck, 34/35 sleeve dress shirt. 44L Suit Jacket and 39" waist (actual measurement). What size Indy shirt would you recommend? The XL sounds huge while the L looks closer to correct. Do the shirts run large? Having a smaller collar shouldn't matter since I wouldn't have to wear it buttoned up with a tie like my dress shirts. I also have broad shoulder.

Hi Lantz, The shirts run as normal sizes go...but the cut is tailored in the shoulders and waist for a vintage look. If you have big shoulders, you might want the XL, but probably the large will be just fine.
Best Regards,

Mizbrooks
ToddsCostumes.com
Todd's Costumes
PO Box 5196
Pine Mountain, CA 93222
lantzn
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by lantzn »

Jedirun wrote:It was surprising to me as well. I purchased the shirt at Todd's warehouse. I was planning on trying a large, but they were out of stock. I tried on an XL and it was not bad at all. It shrank just the right amount to fit perfectly.

I also have a WPG that I purchased in small long after measuring some of my shirts. It actually fits me like a fitted dress shirt with the exception of the sleeves being a little too short. It does not fit like an Indy shirt, and I would not want to go climbing around in it because I would probably tear it. I wear it as an everyday shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

Interestingly, I also purchased a Bantu Wind jacket while I was there. I tried on the large and although I knew the sleeves would be too short, It was also a little tight in the chest. I tried on the XL and it fit great and the sleeve length was even right.

jlhampton,

Maybe if you throw it in the dryer it will fit right. If not, if you send me the measurements and it is close to my shirt, I would be happy to take it off of your hands.

Is that a typo? An XL Todd's shirt, XL Bantu but a Small Long WPG shirt??? How could an XL person fit into a S long?
Jedirun
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Todd’s Shirt

Post by Jedirun »

lantzn wrote:
Jedirun wrote:It was surprising to me as well. I purchased the shirt at Todd's warehouse. I was planning on trying a large, but they were out of stock. I tried on an XL and it was not bad at all. It shrank just the right amount to fit perfectly.

jlhampton,

Is that a typo? An XL Todd's shirt, XL Bantu but a Small Long WPG shirt??? How could an XL person fit into a S long?
It is not a typo. It is really weird to me as well. I am normally a Large person rather than an XL person. I have broad shoulders and big lats (lots of pull ups and other CrossFit exercises), so for the vintage style stuff from Todd, I guess that I needed to go a size up to fit my shoulders correctly.

I think that the WPG shirts sizing is very different from typical American sizing. I took the measurements on the WPG site and compared them to the actual measurements of my dress shirts. The size that came the closest was a Small Long. It doesn't make any sense but it worked out. I will post pictures of each in the morning.
Jedirun
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Todd’s Shirt

Post by Jedirun »

Here are the pictures as promised.

Both shirts sizes:

Me in WPG SL:

Me in Todd's XL: (after being shrunk)

It is not Todd's shirt that has the sizing off, I think it is right. The WPG sizing is just way off.

I like the fit and feel of Todd's shirt better. It is just more comfortable.

TheExit148
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by TheExit148 »

The WPG shirt looks IMO a lot better fit then the Todd's shirt. The Todd's shirt arms are to big, and the body looks to big. You're info here
For reference. 6 feet tall with long arms and legs. 40" chest, 170 lbs.
is very close to me. I'm 6 ft, 39" chest and 160lbs and I ordered a medium from Todd's and still had to get it altered to be more fitted.

Maybe its just me, but the Raiders shirt was a fitted to Ford. I don't think it was a baggy shirt. It may look baggy in the SoC scenes because he lost all that weight from sickness.

Look at the arms in this shot, I know he's sitting and they're rolled, but they look fitted. This shirt looks fitted. I wish I could find a better shot, but can't.

To me, the shirt is fitted and not so baggy. JMO. Jedirun, stick with your WPG shirt, it looks much better, or get your Todd's taken in at the side and in the arms. Your WPG collar also looks like the right proportions to your sizing and frame as well. I think your WPG is a winner :tup:

Remember in general, its all about the fit. Make sure the shirt FITS you! It'll look weird if it doesn't.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

A little tweak on the Todd's shirt, and he will have a near perfect offering. Mainly color, jmo.
Jedirun
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Todd’s Shirt

Post by Jedirun »

TheExit148, Tundrarider,

Thank you. I guess you guys are right after seeing those pictures. In my head I had pictured the shirt baggier than in those shots.

However I really like the material of Todd's shirt. It is really comfortable and it takes an XL to fit my shoulders and silly long arms.

There is a tailor next to my gym. I will see if he can take in the sleeves and sides of Todd's shirt so I will have a good second shirt that I can wear with the sleeves rolled down.

Thanks again,

Adventure Dog
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Adventure Dog »

Jedirun, you have a WPG Small-Long right? Do you mind being a lab rat for me and tell me what your measurements are (dress shirt size would be fantastic ;) ) and how the shirt has shrunk now that it's been washed?
I've been on the fence about getting a WPG for quite some time, but I'm not sure if Medium-Long or Small-Long is right for me.
Jedirun
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Todd’s Shirt

Post by Jedirun »

Adventure Dog wrote:Jedirun, you have a WPG Small-Long right? Do you mind being a lab rat for me and tell me what your measurements are (dress shirt size would be fantastic ;) ) and how the shirt has shrunk now that it's been washed?
I've been on the fence about getting a WPG for quite some time, but I'm not sure if Medium-Long or Small-Long is right for me.
I am out of town and won't have access to a measuring tape until Monday. I do not remember my exact measurements, but I will post them as soon as I get home. I just remember that the small long WPG measurements from the website, fairly closely matched what I measured on a couple of dress shirts that fit me well.

On another note. I dropped my Todd's XL off with the tailor yesterday and should have it back late next week. :) He is taking in the sides and the sleeves since the shoulders and sleeve length are already right.

Hopefully it will look pretty good when it is done.

MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

To add more praise...I´m 6´1", 44"chest, 36" waist, around 198 lbs(90kg) and the Todd`s Large Indy shirt is like tailor-made for me.I was worried at first that it would be too small but once I tried it on the first time I couldn`t stop smiling :) it wasn`t tight,short or anything,JUST PERFECT FIT.oh,and the colour is largely affected by lighting "as seen in the movie" that applies to, in my oppinion, also to real life.