YIJ Fedora where can I get one?

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Kredepops
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

YIJ Fedora where can I get one?

Post by Kredepops »

I've seen some awesome Young Indy lids on this forum, but where do I get one? As far as I can see Penman doesn't offer one, neither does Adventurebild or any of the other reputable vendors. I'd really love to get one.

Any advice?
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: YIJ Fedora where can I get one?

Post by Doctor_Jones »

try contact Thomas at AdVintige fedora. I think he can craft one out of his Herbert Johnson Poets he's offering.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Just to correct some info but I do offer a young Indy.
jlee562
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by jlee562 »

AB does as well.
Christian Jones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Christian Jones »

Doctor_Jones wrote:try contact Thomas at AdVintige fedora. I think he can craft one out of his Herbert Johnson Poets he's offering.
Nope, Thomas could make one but he doesn't have the ribbon. I asked him not so long ago and we both looked almost everywhere to get that correct ribbon and couldn't find it.

John Penman (BendingOak) is the man you seek !!
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Christian Jones wrote:
Doctor_Jones wrote:try contact Thomas at AdVintige fedora. I think he can craft one out of his Herbert Johnson Poets he's offering.
Nope, Thomas could make one but he doesn't have the ribbon. I asked him not so long ago and we both looked almost everywhere to get that correct ribbon and couldn't find it.

John Penman (BendingOak) is the man you seek !!

The ribbon I use for the YIJ hat is the same that I use for the other Indy hats but in the correct size for that hat.
Kredepops
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kredepops »

So sorry, I couldn't find it on the websites so I just assumed that it wasn't available, my apologies.

Same price as the others?
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Price is the same as the other indy's. The timing between myself and Brian aka squid kidd to get some shots have not been good. As soon as I get some shots I will have them on my site and I'llost them here.

John
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

John, didn't you once post a photo of one of your YIJC hats in the not so distant past?

Something about that is familiar, and it sure looked dead on to me, as I recall. :-k

Regards! Michaelson
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Michaelson wrote:John, didn't you once post a photo of one of your YIJC hats in the not so distant past?

Something about that is familiar, and it sure looked dead on to me, as I recall. :-k

Regards! Michaelson

No sir.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Must have been someone else. :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Michaelson wrote:Must have been someone else. :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson

I think you are thinking of Steve. Steve and I went over the details on that hat. You could be remembering that.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Could be! I just remember your name being connected to the project, so that could very well be it. :-k

Regards! Michaelson
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by BendingOak »

Michaelson wrote:Could be! I just remember your name being connected to the project, so that could very well be it. :-k

Regards! Michaelson
I think that's it because steve was helping me in that thread and over the phone and e-,ails with that hat.
indydude18
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indydude18 »

Michaelson,

Perhaps you were referring to Magnoli's YIJ Herbert Johnson?

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f ... lit=+young" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ripper
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ripper »

There is one for sale on E bay, its a 7 1/2 Adventurebuilt. Just search Young indiana Jones Hat and you will find it..... :TOH:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

indydude18 wrote:Michaelson,

Perhaps you were referring to Magnoli's YIJ Herbert Johnson?

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f ... lit=+young" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nope. It wasn't that long ago, but thanks for posting the link! :TOH:

Regard! Michaelson
Christian Jones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Christian Jones »

Ripper wrote:There is one for sale on E bay, its a 7 1/2 Adventurebuilt. Just search Young indiana Jones Hat and you will find it..... :TOH:
I would read a little bit about that hat and the seller. Don't know if it was discussed here, but the guy got banned from another well known Indy forum not so long ago...
It seemed the hat was not a real Adventurebuilt.
jnicktem
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by jnicktem »

Oh it's a real Adventurebilt made by Steve. However, it was made out of an experimental felt, and the kid selling it decided to reblock it and mess with the ribbon... and spill something on it so there's a nice stain. It's technically a rabbit felt, and for that kind of money I would just pay a little bit more and get a nice and new rabbit fedora from Steve directly.
Chiliana Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chiliana Jones »

i had Miller shaped YIJ style and wore it for years, but sadly it didnt hold up to all the traveling and heavy weather so it's been retired but for the last three years i've been sporting a Fed deluxe 4. It works fine with the same style and it still going strong.
I have one YIJ style adventurebilt on the way from steve, but still, adventurebilt or not, it can never obtain the same history as this one

in Bremen, Germany with the YIJ fed D4:

london:

Indonesia, Ambon/Maluku:

barcelona:

USA, Hollywood California

cheers

CJ
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

I was wondering when you were going to find this one, CJ! :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
Chiliana Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chiliana Jones »

Michaelson wrote:I was wondering when you were going to find this one, CJ! :TOH:

Regards! Michaelson
whenever i see a topic with the mention "YIJ fedora" in the subject line, i'm soooo there :TOH:

regards

CJ
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

As you SHOULD be, mister! [-X

:lol: ;)

Regards! Michaelson
Kredepops
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kredepops »

Beautiful fedora Chiliana Jones !! Love the look. Did you just order a standard FEDIV and bashed it into style it yourself? What about the Ribbon, did you put that on yourself? I believe the YIJ Ribbon is a bit wider? than the Indy fedora from the movies.
Chiliana Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Chiliana Jones »

Kredepops wrote:Beautiful fedora Chiliana Jones !! Love the look. Did you just order a standard FEDIV and bashed it into style it yourself? What about the Ribbon, did you put that on yourself? I believe the YIJ Ribbon is a bit wider? than the Indy fedora from the movies.

it's a Federation Deluxe 4. I had my favourite YIJ hat, worn in the "london 1916/Love's sweet song" episode, in mind when i bashed it. Yes the YIJ hat's ribbon is a little bit wider but not that much. Didnt change it because i like the ribbon on this one as it is. The Miller hat has the same size in ribbon, but the wrong color. And the Miller doesnt hold up well in the elements, but actually, just the same as the real deal(if you see the later episodes it has shrunk and tapered. My Miller looks like that now)

cheers

CJ