Indy’s Notebook

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

wild_weasel
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Indy’s Notebook

Post by wild_weasel »

Hello,

Now that I've ordered a Mk VII bag I'm looking high and low for a Raider’s notebook from the map room. Anybody know of a source for the green cloth bound journal with red reinforced spine?

Cheers,
W-W
Rikimaru
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: Indy’s Notebook

Post by Rikimaru »

Here you go:

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/vintage ... -p-29.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Jack Flanders
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Jack Flanders »

This might work!:
http://www.organize.com/tagnotekeepers- ... g-reg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Another example of things we miss in life, because we don't realize at the time that they just might come in handy. My father was a CPA and general accountant as well and had hundreds of these little gems all over his office, at home, in his car, etc. Now, I have no clue where they are (a lot of years have passed) but I sure would like to have a few. I could use them for a variety of things I do in daily life. W>
Indiana Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Indiana Jeff »

Jack Flanders, thanks for pointing that one out. Color is a little off, but for screen reminiscent and for the price you can't go wrong.

wild_weasel, here is a tutorial from the top of the Prop Replicating section to make one yourself. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34402" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,

Indiana Jeff
wild_weasel
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by wild_weasel »

Jack and Rikimaru,

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m going to start with two (2) close enough notebooks from organize.com and eventually order the SA version from magnoliclothiers.com , since I want to order a couple shirts first. Once my measuring tape arrives I’ll be asking for input on whether I need a Medium Long or Large Long from WPG.

Cheers,
W-W
Jack Flanders
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Jack Flanders »

The organize.com thing has a laminated craft paper cover. I'm sure a light sanding will take care of that.
Texan Scott
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: A felt body at rest tends to stay at rest. Sieze the day!

Post by Texan Scott »

props to darthy vick:

http://indygear.com/cow/viewtopic.php?f ... 66#p749266" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jack Flanders
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Jack Flanders »

I got the book today after ordering it on 5/25 or so. I’m not posting pics so I’ll describe: it’s actually not laminated so I won’t do any sanding. The paper is unlined. The red binding is a kind of fabric tape, which I think is cool. The cover is about the same shade as a paper grocery bag, maybe a little lighter- has the same feel too. The inside covers are red, but not a bright red. This won’t fool anyone that subscribes to this site at 5 paces but it’s good enough for me. I recommend it.
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

Jack Flanders wrote:This won’t fool anyone that subscribes to this site at 5 paces but it’s good enough for me. I recommend it.
Still for $5, who cares! :tup:
scot2525
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by scot2525 »

As Magnoli said "for $5.00 who cares!" The dimensions of this notebook are 1/4" larger in length and width than my Magnoli journal. The brown cover could easily be shaded green with roll on inks, pencils, or water based paint. It contains 30 fewer pages than Magnoli's journal. The pages are unlined and it is the pages that are laminated not the cover, look at the second picture in the link more carefully.
wild_weasel
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by wild_weasel »

Hello,

I’m pretty happy with the notebooks from Organize.com that came in today’s mail. The covers are brown paper and the spine is reinforced with red cloth tape. Thanks to all for the tips on finding this.

Cheers,
W-W
Indiana Joyce
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Joyce »

That's not bad. I made mine out of a regular notebook that I cut down, glued green textured craft cardboard from a scrapbooking store, and red duct tape. The brown on yours is pretty close to a green brown...I wonder if you could dye it.