jrzjoe whips

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

manpurse
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

jrzjoe whips

Post by manpurse »

does anyone know about the jrzjoe whips on ebay. they are refered to on the raven
riku1914
Vendor

Re: jrzjoe whips

Post by riku1914 »

They're cheap, which tells you what kind of quality they are. They don't taper much, the strand drops are sudden bumps, the point

tapers to about 1/2 the handle diameter.

h[url]ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krOjS_zfMvE&fea ... ideo_title[/url]

This video shows you what to look for in a whip.

If you are on a tight budget I would HIGHLY recommend a nylon whip. Almost zero maintenance, and you can use them when the

ground is wet even.
RaidersBash
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by RaidersBash »

If you're going to spend that sort of money, maybe you should look to buy one of Todds. They can crack and are WAAAAAY more SA.
Last edited by RaidersBash on Fri May 13, 2011 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
manpurse
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by manpurse »

if you look on indylounge. i put a thread up there with the same title someone said his whip is good. :-k
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

My opinion is that JrzJoe's whips are not really whips.
They are strips of leather that are loosely braided in a shape that vaguely resembles a whip.

They are good for hanging off of your belt during a Halloween party and if you are lucky, it may even crack. However, if you plan on buying a whip for cracking, I would pass on this one.

A few years back, I bought one of his "top quality", all leather whips (no tissue paper cores for me! :lol: ). I wish I would have saved my money. :tdown:
Canuck Digger
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Canuck Digger »

They're @#$%, total and absolute. I've seen more useful things lying on their backs at the bottom of a pond!
'Nuff said.

Franco
darksideman13
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by darksideman13 »

I too purchased one of these a couple years back. They are like throwing a rope. Totally worthless. Not worth the leather its made of. Like Kwad said, It looks decent on a belt if you dont know what to look for. I would suggest staying away from it if you are looking for a decent whip. Trust me, I believe we all can say its worth saving up for a better quality whip. And now with nylon that is really not that hard.

My three cents
Luke
MeyerWhips.com
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

Canuck Digger wrote:I've seen more useful things lying on their backs at the bottom of a pond!

Franco
:rolling:

Would you buy a whip from this man?
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Indiana Jake
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Seated in a Pan Am Sea Plane, flying over a map of Glendale, CA

Post by Indiana Jake »

I needed a whip when the craze for being in costume for Crystal Skull hit many of us like a ton of bricks. I bought the inexpensive Joe whip. He sent out a chocolate one instead of the medium brown or russet one that I had requested. I thought it was junk when I got it, and he sent the wrong color to boot. He wasn't too pleased about taking it back, but he did. I stepped up to the plate and bought a Joe Strain Whip, because I really like high quality leather goods. I now have two of his whips, and I love them. If you need a costume whip, spend $100.00 bucks and get one of the wall-hanger type whips. If you want to use it and have some fun, getting a well-crafted whip will be worth the extra money.

Indiana Jake
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

Todd's Costumes makes a nice whip for minor cracking that looks pretty accurate. I'd go with that over this other seller.
Or you can put our more money and go nylon. If you really have a good chunk to spend, go with a nice 'roo whip.
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

kwad wrote:
Canuck Digger wrote:I've seen more useful things lying on their backs at the bottom of a pond!

Franco
:rolling:

Would you buy a whip from this man?
Holy Moley, somebody once used the term "uber hype" to describe this guys website. Run away until he looks really, really small.
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Jrzjoe is bad. [-X I've never bought anything from him or seen any of his products - but he stole videos of me from YouTube using a whip by Joe Strain to promote his whips and show how "great" they were. Dishonesty is not the best policy.

My recommendations - if you want a decent whip for cheap, go with either a Todd's (which you'll want to eventually replace, if you get into serious cracking) or go with a nylon whip vendor. Nylon whips may not look just like Indy's, but they crack well, they're cheaper, easier to maintain, and if it breaks, the parts to replace are cheaper too.

Shane
darksideman13
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by darksideman13 »

McFly wrote:go with a nylon whip vendor. Nylon whips may not look just like Indy's, but they crack well, they're cheaper, easier to maintain, and if it breaks, the parts to replace are cheaper too.

Shane
And you can use and abuse them to all ####.
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

IndianaBravo wrote:Holy Moley, somebody once used the term "uber hype" to describe this guys website. Run away until he looks really, really small.
Yes, "Uber Hype" would be a good definition for his sales technique.

I love how he puts up 1 (if your lucky, 2) blurry picture of the product he is selling, then about 40 unrelated pictures, including (but not limited to) pictures of himself, animated leprechaun pimps, crystal (glass) skulls, a random collection of Wested stuff, a scan of cover from a DVD that he does not sell, and a picture of an overly serious looking Andy Richter in full gear.

The best part is the "reviews" posted at the bottom, praising his whips.
My favorite "review" is: "It's about time someone gave those Aussies a run for their money"
(I had no idea that Mexico and Australia were such bitter rivals when it came to whip production!)
Marhala
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Marhala »

kwad wrote:

My favorite "review" is: "It's about time someone gave those Aussies a run for their money"
(I had no idea that Mexico and Australia were such bitter rivals when it came to whip production!)

YES WE ARE!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x

;)
rawvoodoo
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by rawvoodoo »

I smell a troll
Canuck Digger
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Canuck Digger »

"I hate trolls!"
-Willow

I know, I know, silly reference, but well most of my references ARE pretty silly... Hehhee.
Last edited by Canuck Digger on Fri May 13, 2011 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cracker »

This is a deconstruction of one of his whips. Scroll to the bottom picture and it will show that the belly is constructed of paper layers that are reduced along the thong.

http://www.texomawhips.com/Construction.html
Marhala
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Marhala »

Marhala wrote:
kwad wrote:

YES WE ARE!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x

;)
Hi, I've just noticed my comment above wasn't well received. I am Mexican, and I know most Mexican whips are @#$%. I was just being ironical and reinforcing kwad's comment. I meant in no way to provoke any of you. My apologies.

ATB,

Aldo.
classicbullwhips
Vendor

Post by classicbullwhips »

Hey Marhala,

I think everyone took it in good humor and even joked a little as well
Canuck Digger wrote:"I hate trolls!"
-Willow
I don't feel that you were trying to provoke anyone with your comment, no need for apologies.

Keep Crackin,
James
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

Aldo,

No problem here, I got quite a laugh out of it! :TOH:
Luke Warmwater
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Luke Warmwater »

I made the jrzjoe mistake. They create a vacuum (since the censor won't let me write the colloquialism). And blow. Simultanously. It's a costume whip that isn't even good enough for a costume. Spend more and get a real whip that you'll enjoy.
Hollowpond
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Hollowpond »

I actually have to thank jrzjoe. 4 years ago I was looking for a whip. I saw his whips and started looking for online reviews, guess what I found? COW!!!!! (There I found out his whips are total dookie, and I passed on that purchase) but the fact of the matter remains that if it were not for jrzjoe, I wouldn't have found COW! So thanks Joe...ya cobra crop-top tee shirt wearin', baby tiger totin' loser

Travis
Canuck Digger
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Canuck Digger »

Hollowpond wrote:I actually have to thank jrzjoe. 4 years ago I was looking for a whip. I saw his whips and started looking for online reviews, guess what I found? COW!!!!! (There I found out his whips are total dookie, and I passed on that purchase) but the fact of the matter remains that if it were not for jrzjoe, I wouldn't have found COW! So thanks Joe...ya cobra crop-top tee shirt wearin', baby tiger totin' loser

Travis

ROTFLOL!!!!

Franco
manpurse
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by manpurse »

maybe the comment on my indylounge thread was posted by the troll himself. i almost got the impression his whips were decent. that was a mistake. thanks everybody for pointing me in the right direction. i'll probably go with a todds :whip:
AllanM
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by AllanM »

I bought one last year. I thought i was getting an Indy whip, but was very disappointed when it came. it looked nothing like it did in the add he posted. I even sent him an email asking him if his whips cracked. His reply was that they will if you know how to crack one. Well I could hardly get it to crack.
After some research, I cut the handle and thined out the fall, and I can get it to crack, but I'll never buy another one.
Buyer beware!!!
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

Even if you're an expert whip cracker, they won't crack well. Adam Winrich mentioned a swinging whip he made as " still cracks better then any JRZjoe whip" and the swinging whip was made specifically to swing on, not to crack.
wisconcinanderson
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by wisconcinanderson »

I bout one of the 8 ft ers and I was happy at first. but upon closer inspection the core has tissue paper in it? why? how can someone claim their product it all leather and then sell something that isn't. its perposterous. really its increduloous. Its good for a costume whip. I haven't tried cacking it yet as I am still locked in the white stuff on the ground.
I want a decent whip but I just simply can't justify spending a months rent or more a a whip. any suggestions. I did send him a message stating I intend to report him and file a complaint. I want to see what happens. :x
IndianaSloan
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by IndianaSloan »

I too considered one of his whips until I did some research. Cheap pieces of garbage is basically the general consensus. I made a nylon whip just for fun to see if I could. Turned out I really enjoyed it and will be making an Indy styled nylon as soon as funds allow. :wink:
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

wisconcinanderson,

Unfortunately, good whips are not cheap.
If you want to start cracking, and don't want to spend a lot, I'd recommend starting off with a nylon whip. Good nylons can be had for $100-$150. As an added bonus, you'd be able to use it in the snow as the nylon is not affected by getting wet.

If you decide to get a leather whip, do yourself a favor and save up for a good one.
Blake Bruning
Vendor

Post by Blake Bruning »

Man...you guys are a bunch of Haters, you're all just jealous!!! You all wish you were living that dream of toting around with a lion on your shoulders and MAN enough to wear a bright ### cobra Belly Shirt. He is running ebay Bullwhip pages like Hitler...who said "If you tell a lie long enough and loud enough eventually everyone will believe." That takes MAD skill and severe lack of morals to run with that! You can tell by the picture that he is old enough to sell the "REAL" Indiana Jones his 1st whip. And you know they are RIGHT NOW,...working him in on the next Indiana Jones Movie 5...and Uncle Rico from Napolean Dynamite is 1st in line to portray him. Also, have any of you guys ever tried to make a whip out of a tissue paper core?...what ...no...none of you guys think that far outside of the box. His (I dare say)...genius, His foresight is at least 20 years in to the future. Maybe you guys don't see this, but he is trying to save your LIVES and your wallets...could you justify swinging on any other whip to get that oh-so important skill mastered of swinging over pits and ledges while being chased by Gigantic Boulders? One day you will understand this all, but right now you are all just "LaBeoufing it" and not "Jonesing it"!!!(That is right, I just invented our new POP Culture phrase "LeBeoufing it". The word that can mean so many low level, messing it up, or just plain missing the point connotations!. And as far as "Jonesing it" I think we can figure that out unless I am surrounded by "LeBeoufers"). Man, I am on a fire at being the "Word Detective" that I am. So I hope you sniff some smelling salt and look in that mirror with your Fedora's and Leather Jackets off and take a hard look, because change is coming! When you all are finally ready, go to ebay and you will find me! Just search Bad ### Cobra Shirt Lion Tamer and you will find a costume in your size just waiting for you! They are made from pure tissue paper so they will be cheap and able to burn off in a second to protect your secret identity as we join forces in the greatest wanna-be Super Hero Organization that will succeed in our attempts of Global Protection and Domination. They may be able to catch a couple of us, but the smoke screen we will create for JRZJOE will make him a Legendary Ghost like figure that all will have reverence for! You had better order know because mark my words supplies wont last, although I will have over 80 different lists with all different descriptions but just use 1...and I repeat 1 Picture for them all and you know what it will be!!!-----

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/5/4/8/ ... 3104_o.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Blake Bruning on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

That's confusing :lol: :lol: :lol:
Holmes
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Holmes »

Wow! threads like this get revived so often that it would almost be easier to make it a sticky so new members don't have to ask about jrzjoe.
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

Too much coffee, Blake? :-k

:lol:
EbeneezerJones
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by EbeneezerJones »

Amazing post................. what does it mean...?
Oildale Jones
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Oildale Jones »

Can you give me the measurements of the size L cobra belly shirt? I want to make sure I get the JRZJOE look. Maybe later I'll order one in JRZJOE specs for display.

:-
Blake Bruning
Vendor

Post by Blake Bruning »

I would have dropped that pic of JRZJOE, but I can't figure that out...how do you post an image?
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

Blake Bruning wrote:I would have dropped that pic of JRZJOE, but I can't figure that out...how do you post an image?
Upload it to imageshack or photobucket or some other image sharing site, copy the forum code it gives you ( it will give you a lot

of codes, just find the forum one ) then paste it here.
PyramidBlaster
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: "Tampa, Florida--Or, how I learned to stop worrying, and love the Bomb..."

Post by PyramidBlaster »

This is the first time i've seen the larger pic of JrzJoe.

A Belly shirt, AND not one, but TWO pinky rings. Would YOU buy a whip from this man..? I mean, sure... You can't judge a book by its cover.... But style (or lack thereof) has to account for something... Just sayin' :roll:
EbeneezerJones
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by EbeneezerJones »

You certainly can't judge a book by its cover.......................... but you can tell if you want to read it...!
thefish
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by thefish »

Blake Bruning wrote:Man...you guys are a bunch of Haters, you're all just jealous!!!
<EDITED FOR LENGTH>

Blake, I just gotta say...

That was epic! :TOH:

-D
purewhips
Vendor

jrzjoe whips

Post by purewhips »

Now that was awesome Blake!

Gus Caicedo Jr
Purewhips.com
Sent from my iPhone