Update list for whip orders.

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

G-Roberts
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Update list for whip orders.

Post by G-Roberts »

Ok guys, here is a list of members waiting to give all you an idea of whats what,

1)Kwad,
2)IndianaBravo,
3)John Penman,
4)None member
5 )Baptistethefool,
6)I'mtheflash,

I'm aiming for no more than a month on each order to be complete. I hope this will give you all a better Idea of how long the wait will be.
If there is anyone missed off the list its because I don't know your a mamber so please PM me your details and I'll update the list.
Kindest regards,
Graeme.
Last edited by G-Roberts on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Update list for whip orders.

Post by IndianaBravo »

Great Graeme, here we stand! So great to have you with us again!
Thwack!
IndianaBravo
G-Roberts
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by G-Roberts »

Thanks Bravo. That means a lot after all I did but I'm on the right path and doing well and better than I thought I would.
Graeme.
G-Roberts
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by G-Roberts »

Hi Guys, Another update,
50ft² of kip ordered today. When that arrives I'll get some whips done off the list a lot faster then expected :D
Graeme.
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

It´s great to have so much good news here lately :D You go, Graeme!
Cheers!

IndianaBravo
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

\:D/

Graeme,

Thanks for letting us know where we stand.
Once again, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Midlands Whip! :whip:

(Just make sure to email me before you start making mine. I may change my mind again and go with a ToD! :lol: )

ps, It's good to have you back!
G-Roberts
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by G-Roberts »

I'll be sure to email you first Kwad lol. Its always a hard choice in this hobby :TOH:
Graeme.
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

Thanks,

I'm indecisive by nature. The more time I am given to make a choice, the more times I change my mind. You should see me try to order food at a resteraunt!
TheSavoryTrim
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Crying at the doorsteps of those armies of salvation

Post by TheSavoryTrim »

Just popping in to say I am proud of you for making things right with everybody! :TOH:
G-Roberts
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by G-Roberts »

kwad wrote:Thanks,

I'm indecisive by nature. The more time I am given to make a choice, the more times I change my mind. You should see me try to order food at a resteraunt!
Lol, Same here,
Thank you TheSavoryTrim :TOH:
DarenHenryW
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DarenHenryW »

Not home yet to check it out, but my wife just texted me, and I received my package from Graeme. Will write more later. ;)

DHW
G-Roberts
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by G-Roberts »

DarenHenryW wrote:Not home yet to check it out, but my wife just texted me, and I received my package from Graeme. Will write more later. ;)

DHW
Thats great news! I hope you like em :whip:
Graeme :TOH:
DarenHenryW
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DarenHenryW »

I like 'em a lot, Graeme. They are just what I hoped for.

And now that I have my whips, let me be the first to say thank you for coming through. And for anyone out there who has held on to their doubts about Graeme, let this video put them to rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvz3are5c-E

Thanks, Graeme. I wish you all the best in your recovery and hope that your financial situation rights itself as soon as possible. I can only imagine how hard things have been for you lately, and even if its only a small thing, I hope this message makes you feel that much better about all this mess.

I'm a happy customer, and I remain your friend. :)

Daren

PS now if I could only get Mike Brower to send me his whips, but that's another conversation for another thread. :roll:

DHW
drewtheman
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by drewtheman »

Who is the whipmaker of your last picture. Those are some nice whips.
DarenHenryW
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DarenHenryW »

drewtheman wrote:Who is the whipmaker of your last picture. Those are some nice whips.
They are indeed very nice, and they were made by Graeme Roberts, but to my knowledge, Graeme is currently not taking any new orders.

DHW
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

Well,all I can say is: Redemption by whips :lol: ! Congratulations Daren on getting your order, they look great. Also, and more importantly I believe, congratulations to Graeme. You really came through with the goods and have proven yourself to the people of this community.

Bravo :clap:

Indianabravo
Last edited by IndianaBravo on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G-Roberts
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by G-Roberts »

I'm glad you like em Daren. I wanted the blue to be lighter and sorry it turned out so dark. The dye I used was Royal blue and should have been as bright as the red. I love the video and thank you for still considering me your friend. It means a lot to me. Things are looking up and I'm really enjoying working on these whips again. Thanks Bravo for your kind words. They really mean a lot to me and I feel fantastic for setting all this right. I can't wait to start each order.
P.S The kip came Thursday and I've already started the next on the list :D
Many thanks,
Graeme :whip:
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

Dang, stupid work computer won't let me see the pictures or video of Daren's whips (what do they expect me to do? Work?)
Oh well, I'll have to look when I get home.

Graeme,

I'm glad that whipmaking is once again an enjoyable endeavor for you.
It would have been a total shame if you stopped altogether.
A great skill like yours deserves to be practiced.
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

TheSavoryTrim wrote:Just popping in to say I am proud of you for making things right with everybody! :TOH:
I'll second that comment!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Graeme, you have done an outstanding job with these whips! Magnificent work! :notworthy:

Daren, many congratulations on your latest acquisitions. :clap:
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I dig the Young Indy, Daren!
G-Roberts
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by G-Roberts »

Updated the list.
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

Well, it pains me to do so but I am forced to resurrect this thread. As it stands now California Jones from Indylounge has not heard from Graeme in ages. Californias status according to the update on this very thread was: "almost done, shipped by the end of the week" That was two months ago. Needless to say he is dismayed. Kwad is also somebody waiting to hear from Graeme but I will let him fill us in there. I heard from Graeme about a month ago, and he claimed that progress was slow. I wrote to him again on May 19 and the PM is still in the outbox. This means that he hasnt logged on here at least since then. Emails sent through other channels have also gone unanswered. Frankly I am really tired with all this. I refuse to waste any more psychological energy on this matter. If we all end up getting our whips, then great. If we dont, then thats fine too. I guess it was never meant to be. Spit out a few teeth and get on with life. I have bigger fish to fry.

Cheers

IndianaBravo
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

Bravo ol' buddy, My sentiments exactly.

This all smells of deja vu all over again. :x
This time, however, I'm not going to let myself be let down (which has happened many times over during this long saga.)

Time to move on and start shopping around with other makers.
whiskyman
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by whiskyman »

What a shame - I was really hoping this would be a sour grapes made good story. Perhaps it still will be, but I really feel for the folks left out on a limb.
DarenHenryW
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DarenHenryW »

Hey, guys . . . :(

This *****. Since I actually got my stuff I feel especially bad because it's pretty clear that I was the only one. Having said that, I do believe that Graeme made a legitimate attempt to fix this mess and now I have a sinking feeling that he is most likely drinking again and/or feeling depressed, etc. and is most likely broke. I don't think he is a diabolical, scheming person who set out to rip us off. That is a possibility, of course, but he did send my whips and he didn't really have to. Yes, me getting my order certainly restored faith for all of us (however briefly), but I doubt he really profited by it. He did dismantle his website, and I doubt anyone gave him money as a result of me posting my whips. So, I don't want to sit here and say, "we should feel bad for him", because obviously its much easier for me to say that since he fulfilled my orders, but I'm willing to bet that he is struggling right now. Though naturally, If I hadn't gotten my stuff I would still be rather livid and very angry. Instead I feel a mixture of guilt, anger, and concern. :oops: Either way, in light of California's testimony, I feel lied to again and will never consider trusting Graeme in the future. I really wanted to see him set all of these orders right and perhaps one day get back in the game because I think he has a lot of talent.

But, if it makes you feel any better, I'm still waiting on Mike Brower to send me the $575 for the order he didn't complete.

DHW
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

DarenHenryW wrote:Hey, guys . . . :(

This *****. Since I actually got my stuff I feel especially bad because it's pretty clear that I was the only one. Having said that, I do believe that Graeme made a legitimate attempt to fix this mess and now I have a sinking feeling that he is most likely drinking again and/or feeling depressed, etc. and is most likely broke. I don't think he is a diabolical, scheming person who set out to rip us off. That is a possibility, of course, but he did send my whips and he didn't really have to. Yes, me getting my order certainly restored faith for all of us (however briefly), but I doubt he really profited by it. He did dismantle his website, and I doubt anyone gave him money as a result of me posting my whips. So, I don't want to sit here and say, "we should feel bad for him", because obviously its much easier for me to say that since he fulfilled my orders, but I'm willing to bet that he is struggling right now. Though naturally, If I hadn't gotten my stuff I would still be rather livid and very angry. Instead I feel a mixture of guilt, anger, and concern. :oops: Either way, in light of California's testimony, I feel lied to again and will never consider trusting Graeme in the future. I really wanted to see him set all of these orders right and perhaps one day get back in the game because I think he has a lot of talent.

But, if it makes you feel any better, I'm still waiting on Mike Brower to send me the $575 for the order he didn't complete.

DHW
About the Mike Brower thing, I kind of expected him to try to mess with you again. Did you send the whip back or did you say

you were going to hold onto until he gave you the money?

I figured he'd try to screw you over again after what he did before.

NOBODY CONSIDER BUYING FROM MIKE BROWER
DarenHenryW
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DarenHenryW »

riku1914 wrote:
DarenHenryW wrote:Hey, guys . . . :(

DHW
About the Mike Brower thing, I kind of expected him to try to mess with you again. Did you send the whip back or did you say

you were going to hold onto until he gave you the money?

I figured he'd try to screw you over again after what he did before.

NOBODY CONSIDER BUYING FROM MIKE BROWER
He was supposed to make me a pair, and he sent me one. It's not a bad whip, but it's not that great either. Since I gave him $575 for a pair of 7 foot kangaroo hide whips, I felt that I was getting a pretty good deal (approx. $290 each for a 7' 'roo hide whip?), but I wouldn't value the whip I received at any more than about $200, and as I had asked for a pair, I really have no use for this single whip. If both had shown up, I would have felt satisfied, but that didn't happen.

I had promised that I would send the one I got back once I was refunded in full. Now he says to just keep it and not to worry because he is going to send me all of the money and that he wants me to keep the whip as he feels terrible. He owes Anthony DeLongis money as well . . .

I would give up on him and just forget about it, but every time I am about to do just that, I send him a few messages, and he always calls a few days later and gives me an update. If he really wanted to rip me off, wouldn't he just ignore me? I have considered the possibility that he has few friends and just likes talking to me. :?

DHW
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

That's the thing, you NEVER know why people do what they do, it may seem like someone is totally ripping you off, but it could be

something as simple as he's really lonely, like you said.

I remember you talking about this before. If you do in fact get to keep the whip AND get to keep the money, then yay for you

:clap: , if that did happen it would have me totally confused.

Anyway I hope everything works out here for everything, though unlikely ](*,)
tomek9210
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by tomek9210 »

Have you tried to contact him via Facebook? Do you have his telephone number?
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

Hi Tomek, no I have not at least. He was on the Facebook not too long ago. In any case as I said before I am through with these shennanigans. Daren thanks for your words of support. Hope your Brower situation pans out and doesnt become " The Brower Letters: The First Ten Years" Who knows, you may have just acquired the most expensive pen pal ever. :TOH:
Cheers

IndianaBravo

UPDATE
Looks like some movement over on Indylounge concerning their whips...
G-Roberts
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by G-Roberts »

OK guys, I am really struggling to make all your whips so fast. I can barely find the hours in the day to work on these as my job is taking over so much. I have only just got the money to pay for the Internet. Its free on my phone but can't access these forums for some reason. Please be patient with me. I will deliver all out standing whips but this will take months. I'm not expecting anyone to understand my situation thats why I'm asking you all to be as patient as possible. I know this is a big ask as you have all lost faith in me.
I have the Internet for another week so please Pm me now and hopefully I'll be in touch before it runs out,
Graeme.
hit80s
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by hit80s »

Dont make excuses,make whips these hard working poeple gave you money and a second chance!
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

I know that this is probably futile, but, has anyone heard from Graeme?

Last I heard, California Jones was told that his whip was completed and was being shipped.
That was over 1 month ago and he has still not received his whip nor any contact for that matter.
Mine was supposedly 99% complete (only had the knots to finish), and still nothing.

I know he stated that he can't access any "Indy Forums" with the internet on his phone (yeah, that's convenient :roll: ), but, he still is not responding to emails sent to either of his hotmail accounts.

Can anyone who is friends with him on facebook do me a favor and see if he has been online recently?
His profile is set to private and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't add me as his "friend".

Edit:

I just noticed that he logged in here on July 29th. That was 5 days ago.
:x
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

I really hope you guys get your whips :cry:
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

Progress is being made! Someone over on Indylounge got their whip today. Graeme is back on the road to respectability :TOH:

Cheers

Bravo
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

Yep, California Jones received his whip.
It's nice to feel hopeful again (quite honestly, I was ready to move on.)

Last I heard, I should be receiving a tracking number in about a week or so.
I'll let y'all know when I get it.
DarenHenryW
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DarenHenryW »

Good news, indeed. Glad to hear it!

DHW
G-Roberts
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by G-Roberts »

Hi guys,
Some bad news I'm afraid. I was laid off from work last week and I've been trying to think of what I can do. I have a plan but may take a few weeks to sort out. I've got no money for material or shipping at the moment. I'm really hoping I can sort this out soon.
Graeme.
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

I'm sorry to heard the news, but I thought you ordered 50 sq. ft. of hides a while back...

Either way, I hope things start to go better for you soon.
G-Roberts
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by G-Roberts »

riku1914 wrote:I'm sorry to heard the news, but I thought you ordered 50 sq. ft. of hides a while back...

This is true, I did. I have got the list down to 6 now so most is used. You should know making whips yourself, its not only leather needed for whips, material inc, new blades, sinew, leather dressing, plaiting soap, shelac etc... none come cheap and I'm out of some of these.
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

G-Roberts wrote:
riku1914 wrote:I'm sorry to heard the news, but I thought you ordered 50 sq. ft. of hides a while back...

This is true, I did. I have got the list down to 6 now so most is used. You should know making whips yourself, its not only leather needed for whips, material inc, new blades, sinew, leather dressing, plaiting soap, shelac etc... none come cheap and I'm out of some of these.
Yep, nothing is cheap persay. While one thing alone may be, everything together adds up.
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

Sorry to hear this happened to you Graeme. I hope you can get yourself sorted out soon. Youve got mouths to feed¡

ATB
Bravo
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

G-Roberts wrote:Hi guys,
Some bad news I'm afraid. I was laid off from work last week and I've been trying to think of what I can do. I have a plan but may take a few weeks to sort out. I've got no money for material or shipping at the moment. I'm really hoping I can sort this out soon.
Graeme.
Graeme,

On June 24th, 2011 you pm'd me to say;
Hi Kwad,
Just to let you know, All I have to do is the knots on your whip. Sorry its taking soooo long I just can't find the hours.
Graeme.
Exactly how long does it take to tie two TH knots? How much leather do those knots require?

In your last post, you claim you have a "plan" that may take a few weeks to sort out. Well, it has been 6 weeks since you posted this and you have delivered NOTHING!!! Not even an email telling me to go F-Myself.

You say you don't have money for materials, well I GAVE you money for materials.
You say you don't have money for shipping, well I GAVE you money for shipping.

It has now been 17 months since I gave you my hard earned money. When will I see my whip?
IndianaBravo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaBravo »

I am next on Graemes list Kwad, as you know Im sure. I hope we see some movement here soon!
Fingers crossed!

Bravo
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

I believe everyone will get their stuff eventually, just how soon is what I'm worried about.
Dalexs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dalexs »

Seeing how there has been no response since September, I think this needs to be added:

Directly from his website:
Payment
I only except Paypal but if you don't have a Paypal account, no problem. I can send you a request for payment through Paypal and all you do is put in your card details safely and securely. I take payment up front and you can cancel at any time and have a full refund.
I'm not up on PayPals exact rules, but aren't you able to file a claim with them for a full refund?

The "cancel at any time and have a full refund" is a moot point, unless he is making a good faith effort to keep his customers in the loop.

This is obviously not happening.

How many folks here are still waitimng for goods?
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

Dalexs,

What I discovered is you must file your claim with Paypal within 45 days of the payment date.
If you do, paypal will refund the money to your account and open an investigation.
Unfortunately, after 45 days, they will take no action. You can still file a complaint, but, at that point it is completely useless as paypal will take no action.
Cracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cracker »

I would still lodge a complaint because it may keep someone else from losing money if PayPal cuts the account off.
kwad
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by kwad »

I did file a complaint, as did a few others, I believe.
riku1914
Vendor

Post by riku1914 »

If 3 or more do I bet it gets locked.